About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Art > Printed Matter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Printed Matter Books, Magazines, and Newpapers. What you read and why you read it. Favorite authors, magazines you read, recommendations for future reading, unusual books and where to purchase them, and sources of strange mail.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-11-26, 17:44
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Why I Love To Read

I used to hate reading. In my younger days I was always worried about misinterpretating symbolism and meaning. My obsession was with trying to understand the way an author meant for something to come across. Then I realized truly great books are open to interpretation, the way it forms in the mind of the individual reader. That really opens the world of books. To not worry if you're going to deep into it or not deep enough. Everything is perspective when it comes to symbolism of books.

------------------
Common Sense Is What Tells You The Earth Is Flat
 #2 
Old 2001-11-26, 21:58
riot_kid riot_kid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why I Love To Read

No way man you missed the point!
 #3 
Old 2001-11-27, 07:47
d0m d0m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why I Love To Read

yea lol

i think i was used to hating to read because of the books we read in school.
 #4 
Old 2001-11-27, 15:02
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why I Love To Read

quote:
Originally posted by riot_kid:
No way man you missed the point!






------------------
Common Sense Is What Tells You The Earth Is Flat
 #5 
Old 2001-11-30, 02:44
jack's missing mind jack's missing mind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why I Love To Read

I think one of the main reasons so many people hate to read is because they're forced to in school. This might also explain why there are so many stupid people in America, because most refuse to read anything longer than a few paragraphs.

------------------
"God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist."
 #6 
Old 2001-12-02, 22:21
bekgirl bekgirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why I Love To Read

i have always loved to read.. For me it was an escape from the monotony of daily life when i was a child, and it still has that almost drug like effect on me.. I also write a lot too, so i read more and more to try and develop my style as a writer.. Anyway..

Janny

------------------
They say I'm beat and rambling trying to put me down, but i take it and embrace it, and make it my own.
 #7 
Old 2002-01-05, 23:23
Regular
 
-
Default Re: Why I Love To Read

one of the reasons i red is to boost my
voacab..
vacublr..
vicula..
vocbrallaly
 #8 
Old 2002-01-09, 19:52
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why I Love To Read

i can stand to read novels. they are just shit to me. however i love reading technical books (computers, audio, etc.). the school thing does make sense. its no good if your forced to read things that dont interest you. i think thats why many view reading in a negative light
 #9 
Old 2002-01-10, 00:43
tryptamine tryptamine is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why I Love To Read

Reading is life, a source of information like no other. I read anything especially technical stuff, my friends think I'm a serious nerd 'cause when I wasn't in school I'd borrow their Organic Chem/MicroBi/Bio Chemistry/insert any other science here all the time and just sit there reading them.
It made them sick.

I also like fiction especially William Gibson, R.A. Heinlen, stuff like that. I used to love Anne McCaffery and Piers Anthony too. Not as much of a novel reader anymore though.

Poetry is a passing hobby too, reading and writng, but only when I'm inspired.
 #10 
Old 2002-01-15, 22:54
El_hombre101 El_hombre101 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why I Love To Read

Big fantasy/sci fi reader, all the oldies, most of the newbies....its an escape.
Not much non-fiction....some technical stuff
I always loved to read, since i learned how, i just zone out. I read everywhere, school, home, bed, car, shower, pot, dinner......all the time.
helps the vicaborolary to
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics