About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Art > Printed Matter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Printed Matter Books, Magazines, and Newpapers. What you read and why you read it. Favorite authors, magazines you read, recommendations for future reading, unusual books and where to purchase them, and sources of strange mail.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-07-16, 22:37
riot_kid riot_kid is offline
Regular
 
Default Lone Wolf and Cub

Why doesn't anybody ever talk about comic books on this board? No fans? Oh well. I'm reading a sweet series of Japanese graphic novels called Lone Wolf and Cub. It's about an assassin and his three year old son who have committed themselves entirely to to death to get vengeance on their enemies. The whole thing is awesome. It's also thought provoking. In fact it's probably one of if not the most thought provoking comic series' I've ever read. It raises a lot of questions about human nature. Read Lone Wolf and Cub, you'll thank me later. (If you are a comic fan Frank Miller digs it, that should be all you need.)
 #2 
Old 2001-07-20, 13:07
Dr.Fumanchu Dr.Fumanchu is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lone Wolf and Cub

Read my last post, entitled "comicbook".
For I too am an avid fan.
Anyways, I've heard alot about LWaC.
I saw the 1972 live action Japanese movie recently, it was pretty good. Extremely violent, esspecially for the 70s.
 #3 
Old 2001-07-23, 07:43
riot_kid riot_kid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Lone Wolf and Cub

I did read your comics post and I seem to recall thinking that you had good taste. You did reccommend Watchmen did you not. Go to Borders, or where-ever you go to buy Graphic novels and pick up the first Chapter, you'll be hooked.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics