About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Art > Printed Matter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Printed Matter Books, Magazines, and Newpapers. What you read and why you read it. Favorite authors, magazines you read, recommendations for future reading, unusual books and where to purchase them, and sources of strange mail.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-05-21, 14:20
countzero countzero is offline
Regular
 
Default Does any one know where I can get .txt files of entire books?

do they?
 #2 
Old 2001-05-22, 02:33
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: Does any one know where I can get .txt files of entire books?

o man I used to be in the same persuit as you when I was in H.S. Give me a while, but I will find some sites for you, hopefully others will have some they'd like to contribute as well.

Honestly, I used to play the search engine circuit, it has been good to me.
 #3 
Old 2001-05-23, 08:52
Doctor Gonzo Doctor Gonzo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Does any one know where I can get .txt files of entire books?

Here's some good ones

Project Guttenberg - Huge list. classics, etc... http://promo.net/pg/

On-line Books Page - nonfiction http://digital.library.upenn.edu/books/

Sacred Texts - for all sorts of religions http://www.sacred-texts.com/index.htm
 #4 
Old 2001-05-24, 08:57
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Does any one know where I can get .txt files of entire books?

I like reading stuff on paper.
 #5 
Old 2001-05-24, 09:17
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: Does any one know where I can get .txt files of entire books?

Very nice, Gozmo
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics