About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Art > Printed Matter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Printed Matter Books, Magazines, and Newpapers. What you read and why you read it. Favorite authors, magazines you read, recommendations for future reading, unusual books and where to purchase them, and sources of strange mail.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-04-04, 05:27
s1rkus s1rkus is offline
Regular
 
Default Dark Tower series

Hey I have an awesome set of books by Stephen King called the Dark Tower, They are old but fuckin awesome books
 #2 
Old 2001-04-10, 21:15
User 51 User 51 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dark Tower series

I remember reading 3. They were amazing. I hope there have been more published since the last one I read. I haven't looked in a long time. How many do you have in your set?
 #3 
Old 2001-04-18, 08:31
xengoreth xengoreth is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dark Tower series

I have read all four. The latest, Wizard and Glass, was not as good as the others as a whole, but is a good book in its own right. Can't wait for King's next...
 #4 
Old 2001-04-18, 09:20
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dark Tower series

He started the next one thats good, I can mothball my kidnaping/legbreaking/forcing him-to-write plan.

I'M PRETTY SURE BLAINE IS DANGEROUS
 #5 
Old 2001-04-19, 22:33
xengoreth xengoreth is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dark Tower series

Alan- don't ditch the plan yet... he's only SAID he has begun work on the next one...
 #6 
Old 2001-04-20, 07:25
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dark Tower series

*Puts ducktape back into the duffle bag*
 #7 
Old 2001-05-07, 01:49
nyarlathotep nyarlathotep is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dark Tower series

A very good seires of books, I enjoyed them alot, I don't recall ducktape however.
 #8 
Old 2001-05-09, 12:55
xengoreth xengoreth is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dark Tower series

*shakes his head in disgust*
 #9 
Old 2001-05-11, 08:26
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dark Tower series

you sound like my brother in law.
 #10 
Old 2001-06-10, 01:15
El_hombre101 El_hombre101 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dark Tower series

I read the series to, it was good, stephen king in general is good, i wish he woulfd finish it though, the namesake of the series(dark tower) hasn't even appeared yet!

------------------
 #11 
Old 2001-06-17, 05:50
riot_kid riot_kid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dark Tower series

Stephen King rocks! I know he's shlock for the masses blah blah blah... I'm a pretentious ass hole blah blah blah... anyways <- (not a word) Yeah I'm kind of waiting for him to finish the series, oh and obviously the Dark tower isn't going to appear before the last book. Also there have been hints that Roland might not even live to see the tower. Wonder if that has anything to might be a consequence of throwing that dick head onto the train tracks in The Drawing of The Three.
 #12 
Old 2001-06-17, 05:51
riot_kid riot_kid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dark Tower series

Quote:
Originally Posted by riot_kid
Stephen King rocks! I know he's shlock for the masses blah blah blah... I'm a pretentious ass hole blah blah blah... anyways <- (not a word) Yeah I'm kind of waiting for him to finish the series, oh and obviously the Dark tower isn't going to appear before the last book. Also there have been hints that Roland might not even live to see the tower. Wonder if that has anything to might be a consequence of throwing that dick head onto the train tracks in The Drawing of The Three.
 #13 
Old 2001-06-18, 01:18
-=-goatboy-=- -=-goatboy-=- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dark Tower series

Yes, Yes, Good Series.

I love King's short stories.

Once I just sat and Thought for an hour after reading one.

The one about the boy who is going through a teleportation tube type sci-fi thing but does it consiously (as opposed to unconsciously) and goes insane. Ripping out his own eyeballs in front of his father and family.

An instant for the body, an eternity for the mind. NO STIMULI
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics