About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Mad Scientists
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mad Scientists Science and Mathematics discussion-- theories, arguments, citations, proofs and pudding.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2003-01-27, 06:49
FatDaddy FatDaddy is offline
Regular
 
Default Science Project

I've got to do a Science Fair project for school, and I need to know if there are any good sites out there, housing a few good experiments. I've Googled it, and come up with only "Safe but fun volcanoes" and "Vinegar and Baking Soda Fun!", and that's not quite what I need.

Although any help is appreciated, I would prefer stuff you can build, and not just stuff you can research.
 #2 
Old 2003-01-28, 00:25
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Science Project

I have always been a fan of generators and motors. You can put a magnet in an electrified coil and make it spin. That is a good example of how motors work and of electromagnet force. You could also arange a spinning magnet (use a crank and some gears to get it spinning fast) in the same arangement and produce electricity, use it to light a christmas bulb or something.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics