About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Mad Scientists
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mad Scientists Science and Mathematics discussion-- theories, arguments, citations, proofs and pudding.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-16, 23:56
tryptamine tryptamine is offline
Regular
 
Default A challenge to the arrogant Prom. queen

Prometheus do you honestly think you know more about chemistry than me??? You think you can give "better quality answers" down here?? I'd school you!

If there were a way for us to compare I'd flatten you.

Sure this is a little childish but you deserve it.

 #2 
Old 2002-12-17, 01:47
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A challenge to the arrogant Prom. queen

Kind of an imature post comming from such a knowlagable person, but i must say promethius is vauge and does give half ass answers alot of the time.
Also i never saw prom. flame you trypt.

my 2 cents,

CTR
 #3 
Old 2002-12-17, 02:00
tryptamine tryptamine is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A challenge to the arrogant Prom. queen

I know its very immature but if he came to say backyard ballistics and told someone that they could get better and more accurate info from him than asking one of you guys you'd be pretty pissed too.

That is just what he did to me, he told someone in the lab tips that they should ask him their chemistry questions because he could give them better info?????
 #4 
Old 2002-12-17, 02:13
Frey Grimrod Frey Grimrod is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A challenge to the arrogant Prom. queen

Well damn trypt... I say Darwin's rule in effect if they dont bother too learn a bit on their own and judge the quality of the info they recieve from both of you on a case by case basis and get too know you a lil better... do their opinions really matter?
 #5 
Old 2002-12-17, 03:14
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A challenge to the arrogant Prom. queen

Gotcha now trypt, that would piss me off also,

BTW what is/where does triptamine come from, im pretty sure its a drug but...?

CTR
 #6 
Old 2002-12-17, 11:06
Bikandee Bikandee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A challenge to the arrogant Prom. queen

Look up Tryptophan and 5htp and you'll notice similarities to Tryptamine.

Tryptophan hightens your roll...am I correct Tryptamine?
 #7 
Old 2002-12-17, 17:35
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: A challenge to the arrogant Prom. queen

This is what I get for posting on too little sleep and not choosing my words more carefuly.

I have no doubt that you are a better chemist than me. None at all. But that is not what I ment. I simply ment that in general there are more science types in this forum that could help out.

If you realy want to "school" me, go right ahead. Anything you could teach me in the sciences would be apreciated. (I know that's not how it was ment, but that's how I choose to interpret it.)
 #8 
Old 2002-12-17, 21:22
tryptamine tryptamine is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A challenge to the arrogant Prom. queen

Alright thanks, point taken and I'll back down.

Tryptamine is the basic skeleton that all tryptamines are derived from. LSD, psilocin, DMT, Harmaline, Ibogaine, Serotonin, the whole kitten kaboodle.

It is the indole equivalent to phenethylamine, being an indole nucleus with an ethylamine function in the 3 position.

Tryptophan is alpha carboxylated tryptamine and 5-HTP is 5 hydroxylated tryptophan, then considering serotonin is 5-HT (5-hyroxy tryptamine)(decarboxylated 5-HTP) you can see that taking tryptophan or 5-HTP will increase levels of sero. which is very helpful during and after an e trip. Also note that vitamin B-6 is a co-factor to 5-HTP decarboxylase in the last reaction so taking B-6 will also boost utilization of these guys. Not that anyone here does drugs though.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-20, 10:07
RipSlider RipSlider is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A challenge to the arrogant Prom. queen

To be fair, for a Mod, this really is a childish post, and it's here purely because your nose has been put out of joint.

Then, to make yourself feel good again, you shove up the above post, so that everyone who reads it will go "WOW, isn't he a clever boy"

But, when it gets down to it, your the same person who told me I was being TOO thourgh in trying to maintain purity when my friends and I made MDMA from scratch.

Seem to me that you like being king of the castle just a little too much.

RipSlider

[This message has been edited by RipSlider (edited 12-20-2002).]
 #10 
Old 2002-12-20, 15:01
tryptamine tryptamine is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A challenge to the arrogant Prom. queen

No rip I made the above post to apologize to my aquaintance Prometheus, and simultaneously answer a question that someone asked. This has nothing to do with the bullpucky you posted months ago, are you still sore about that? If you'd like to bring it up, refresh my memory in a separate thread.
 #11 
Old 2002-12-20, 19:44
abstractAffect abstractAffect is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: A challenge to the arrogant Prom. queen

You got burnt Trypt.

He totally didn't reply w/ anything insulting. Now who's the arrogant Prom. queen.?

lol.
 #12 
Old 2002-12-22, 22:03
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: A challenge to the arrogant Prom. queen

I would apreciate it if people would stop using that phrase, it rubs me the wrong way.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics