About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Mad Scientists
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mad Scientists Science and Mathematics discussion-- theories, arguments, citations, proofs and pudding.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-16, 00:50
SomeEverydayNobody SomeEverydayNobody is offline
Regular
 
Default Recources for info.....

Believe it or not Ive had trouble finding information on electronics, as a whole. Anything I find online is usually about something specific, and short. Like it may be about capacitors, or resistors and what they do.

So I was wondering what some good books I could pick up would be? I guess its kinda hard to ask for something when theres no specific subject. I know some stuff, and have taken [highschool] electricity courses. Though they really, sucked and where ALL the same things. Each an entire semester of learning how to wire a lightbulb different ways. [no joke!]

For example, Ide like to be able to look at schematics for soemthing and actually understand what these thigns are doing, and why theres a resistor here, and a transistor here and a thingy majig here.

So, any books I could pick up or any sites you know of would be great. {Im more looking for books.]
 #2 
Old 2002-12-16, 03:58
Regular
 
Monkey Island
Default Re: Recources for info.....

http://www.howstuffworks.com/
Note: This may be better suited for I Found it on the Web
 #3 
Old 2002-12-16, 13:06
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Recources for info.....

I own a fantastic book on the subject.

Teach Yourself Electricty And Electronics
Second Edition
by: Stan Gibilisco
Published by: McGraw Hill
Tab Electronics at www.tabelectronics.com

The price tag say $34.95, but you can probably find it cheaper at a used book store.

Subjects inclue everything from basic physics and chemistry to hard drive technology. The third edition even discusses robotics. It comes with a bunch of tests and quizes so you can test what you have taught yourself.

This is the website where you can order the third edition online http://books.mcgraw-hill.com/cgi-bin/pbg/0071377301?mv_session_id=CcGomo3S&mv_pc=3§ioncode=
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics