About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Mad Scientists
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mad Scientists Science and Mathematics discussion-- theories, arguments, citations, proofs and pudding.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-24, 21:06
2_Nic3 2_Nic3 is offline
Regular
 
Default -- DNA Removal --

�DNA traces can be made useless with the right chemicals�
DNA can be separated into particular strands with a Base solution, but only at a temperature of about 60C and the possibility of these strands, still being able to be used, is high, if detected.

Basically, my question is, how would one go about removing any DNA traces effectively and permanently.

I know, prevention is the best method, but can't always be implemented.

Any ideas ?
 #2 
Old 2002-11-24, 22:27
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: -- DNA Removal --

Corrosive acids would work well.

Or you could go the other way, and dump loose neucleotides (available in finer biological supply catalogs) on it, that would royaly confuse readings.
 #3 
Old 2002-11-24, 22:27
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: -- DNA Removal --

I realize that you're new, that's cool.

Despite what some may think, we all were at some point.

However, there are two things that you did that I would ask that you not do again, please.

First, when you have more to say after you already posted, instead of adding two or more additional posts, just edit your original post.

If you feel you need to bring attention to the fact that you added something to the post, you can precede the new stuff with something like this:

"EDIT: "

Second and more important:

If you repost a question in a different forum, as you have here [Originally, this was posted in BLTC.], please go back to the first forum and delete your original post.


[I say it's more important because while the first one may be irritating to members here, the second will irritate Moderators].


Please consider this friendly advice, not some hostel flame.

- Metaphysicist [Moderator] of BLTC


Prometheus >> Sorry for putting all of that here, but I had deleted this from BLTC before I realized that I should have instructed this guy as I did.
 #4 
Old 2002-11-24, 23:28
GreaterEvil GreaterEvil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: -- DNA Removal --

well, I don't know about all DNA, but if I remember correcly, anmonia fucks up blood samples so they are worthless. If we knew what you were trying to accomplish it may be easier to help, unless this is purly curiosity.

-GreaterEvil
 #5 
Old 2002-11-25, 01:20
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: -- DNA Removal --

No need to appologise. I understand completly. Thanks for pointing it out, as I don't usualy hang out in BLTC.

2_Nic3, just don't double post and everything will be cool. And try to get things in the apropriate forums.
 #6 
Old 2002-11-25, 04:23
2_Nic3 2_Nic3 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: -- DNA Removal --

What I would like to accomplish, is to remove any traces of DNA, from a Plastic Card. That is Bank, Visa etc. Using any Acid might destroy it, depending on the length of 'contact time'. I'm not too sure of the effects of 'loose neucleotides' on the card itself nut would like to know.

If Prometheus could extend on the 'neucleotides' a bit more, that'll be great.

Anyhow, Sorry about the Double Posting !
 #7 
Old 2002-11-25, 04:55
GreaterEvil GreaterEvil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: -- DNA Removal --

I would wipe it down with rubbing alcohol and then amnonia. That should do the trick.

-GreaterEvil
 #8 
Old 2002-11-25, 05:33
2_Nic3 2_Nic3 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: -- DNA Removal --

It's for removing any traces of DNA left by fringerprints rather than blood, which I think GreaterEvil is refering to !

Is this so, GreaterEvil ?
 #9 
Old 2002-11-25, 06:41
GreaterEvil GreaterEvil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: -- DNA Removal --

The rubbing alcohol and the ammonia should sterilize the card completly. No fingerprints and no DNA. Although I'd test the ammonia on a piece of plastic before using it on the card as I'm not sure if it will eat through plastic or not. Sipmle Rubbing Alcohol will most likely produce your desired effects, but the ammonia is a extra step of precaution. If you dont want to be found out about using the card, why dont you just burn/destroy it?

-GreaterEvil

[This message has been edited by GreaterEvil (edited 11-25-2002).]
 #10 
Old 2002-11-25, 07:18
2_Nic3 2_Nic3 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: -- DNA Removal --

Basically, the Crime will be traced back to me, but only on hypothetical evidence. To make this evidence look even more absurd, I need to set someone else up after I'm finished. Meaning, removing any trace on the card and leaving it for a 'known, common & pretty stupid criminal, who should have been in jail a long time ago' to put his tag on it.

It's just that you shouldn't make threats which you can't follow through as in his case. This will basically set him in jail for 5 years, easy

Anyhow, I'll practice your method, and thanks for the advice.
 #11 
Old 2002-11-25, 07:57
GreaterEvil GreaterEvil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: -- DNA Removal --

Good luck. And remember to be very very careful of how you handle that card after you are done sterilizing it. not only handleing it, but what you set it on, etc. Prolyl would be a good idea to simply keep it in a normal ziploc bag until you're ready to plant it. It prolly won't be too big of a deal one they find it on the guy you are setting up. They usually don't look further then whats infront of them.

-GreaterEvil
 #12 
Old 2002-11-25, 22:12
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: -- DNA Removal --

OK, first of all I doubt that DNA would be an issue. Plastic isn't exactly an absorbant medium.

Mixing with neucleotides was just a hypothetical. It would mess up results, but also gaurentees that anyone testing an object knows something is up.

Just alcohol or ammonia should be fine.


I must admit that I am tempted to move this to Bad Ideas, but I think I will leave it here for a while.

What sort of crime are you talking about? That could affect the way things are done.
 #13 
Old 2002-11-25, 22:45
2_Nic3 2_Nic3 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: -- DNA Removal --

Well, its worth about $50000 AU and its cash
and once the cops find out whats going on they'll do everything they can to bring any persons down, they may not do any DNA testing but I'm just making sure that nothing can be related to me, once it has gone thru i'll let you guys know how it went..

Plus thanks for the extra info^^
 #14 
Old 2002-11-26, 01:30
GreaterEvil GreaterEvil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: -- DNA Removal --

damn, thats about 28k US. Not a bad haul. You'll have to give us a tip on how to pull it off in the bad idea's section if you're successful For curiosity's sake at the very least. Good luck

-GreaterEvil
 #15 
Old 2002-11-26, 17:18
JakeTakeoko JakeTakeoko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: -- DNA Removal --

Wow.. Thats a lot of cash.. If its complete evidence destruction you want, dump it in the ocean ( Tie to a bag of rocks etc.) But be careful that you don't damage the microchip wiht all the information when you use the alcohol/ammonia.

[This message has been edited by JakeTakeoko (edited 11-26-2002).]
 #16 
Old 2002-11-26, 18:19
2_Nic3 2_Nic3 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: -- DNA Removal --

Did you even read the whole topic???
I want someone else to get caught with it...
 #17 
Old 2002-11-27, 15:55
root root is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: -- DNA Removal --

2_Nic3 sounds like a complete blowhard to me.

Somehow I doubt that any police agency is going to bother collecting and processing DNA evidence on a $USD25K scam. In the U.S. DNA fingerprinting is used when there's a rape, or a murder, or some other violent crime has been committed. For a small-time credit card scam no one is going to bother. He'll leave plenty of other clues lying about that will be more than enough to convict him.

It sounds like he's thinking about committing credit card fraud and then planting the card on someone else, hoping that the someone else will use the card and take the blame for all purchases made on the card. It's a common scam used by credit card thieves, police are wise to it.

The goods and/or cash obtained via credit card fraud have to be delivered somewhere, that's how carders get busted. No additional evidence is needed when you're caught with the goods in your possession.

If a crime was someday committed by 2_Nic3, and the evidence points circumstancially towards him, and he somehow manages to not get caught with the goods, and no one rats on him for the reward money, and no one finds it suspicious that he suddenly has extra cash, and the person that he plants the card on doesn't testify against him, and he doesn't get caught trying to use the card after it's been reported lost or stolen, and if a million other things don't go wrong, the Adelaide police could still use the fact that he posted these messages here and that would be enough additional evidence to convict him.

I've always said that if you're smart enough to commit a crime AND NOT GET CAUGHT then you're probably smart enough to get rich without committing any crimes. If you're not smart enough to get rich without committing a crime then you're probably dumb enough to get caught.
 #18 
Old 2002-11-27, 19:06
2_Nic3 2_Nic3 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: -- DNA Removal --

Hello Cuntstable Root!

First of all what makes you think that i'm in Adelaide, There's a million places in Australia, The world doesn't revolve around Adelaide...

You must be pretty stupid to think i'll do a credit card scam, I've been doing that since i was 12 and still havent been caught(means.. I think about things from every point of view to make sure its flawless).

I must be a total retard if I did it for goods (what kind of retard do you take me for???). I'm doing this for Cash and you think i'll keep it at home (NFW!!!)

And when I plant it on someone do you think i'm actually going to tell them (OMFG)???? Im guessing that this is your plan cause its pretty messed up...

Also how would the Police find out that i've posted here?? My comp will be totally formatted, on and i've taken another precaution, i've got a program that totally wipes your drive clean, as most time when a drive is formatted ,with a certain program you can still get the formatted files back.
Also they cant prove that 2_Nic3 is me...

I'm guessing your talking from expierence, thanks for you useless advice and NO. Not every one is as smartless as you..

For some reason you sound like a Police Officer. You know why?? Cause you sound so freakin stupid.


You know Vic so do I.

^_^ ROFL ^_^
 #19 
Old 2002-11-28, 04:28
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: -- DNA Removal --

Cram it. Root, aka. Enigma, is king shit around here. In case you haven't figured it out he is the reason for the existance of this board.

If he knows where you're from, it's cause that is where your IP address says you're from. See that little white deal in the lower right that says "IP: Logged"? That means that your IP addres is recorded with every post you make. Only me, root, and JC Stanton have access to it.

Idiot.


I would now like to open the floor up for general insults, flaming, and hate mail.
 #20 
Old 2002-11-28, 05:21
root root is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: -- DNA Removal --

You want to use a card in some scheme that you claim will net you $50000AU cash, then you want to remove all DNA evidence from the card so that it's not traceable to you, then you want to plant the card on someone else so that they get blamed for the crime you committed.

Yeah I must be pretty stupid to think you'd be involved in a credit card scam. I don't know how I could have reached such a stupid conclusion. You're obviously talking about magic fairy dust cards that turn ordinary paper into piles of cash.

My mistake.
 #21 
Old 2002-11-28, 20:09
2_Nic3 2_Nic3 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: -- DNA Removal --

Well sorry "GOD" for insulting you!!

But i'm not going to explain it till i've gone thru with it and am 100% sure that I got away clean. Or else it's a pointless scam. There's no piont posting it if it cant be done. Understand!!

But if it works then i'll let you know, ok??

And i swear it's not a credit card scam as no credits cards are involved, the card I want to get the DNA off is a normal Savings Card.

I'll let you know in a month of how it went and how it was done, as it will be over soon.
 #22 
Old 2002-11-28, 20:12
2_Nic3 2_Nic3 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: -- DNA Removal --

Also the only reason i thought you were a cop was cause you've only got 123 Posts and already a moderator and the only other person like that was Enigma.....

Oh just letting you know my ip was never my real one.
 #23 
Old 2002-12-31, 02:43
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: -- DNA Removal --

Whatever happened to this fucktard? I hope he got caught.
 #24 
Old 2002-12-31, 06:57
corruption corruption is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: -- DNA Removal --

I doubt he'll be back, but ammonia worked in the movie "Boondock Saints," (Do quotes go around movies?) and everything from the movies works in real life!
 #25 
Old 2003-01-01, 10:47
lostandconfused lostandconfused is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: -- DNA Removal --

Actually he is in the recovery process as all of it cant be done and left as is. You have to wait for a bit to make sure that it has actually worked...


Oh and he's a friend of mine so i know whats going on... and it isnt a credit card
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics