About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Mad Scientists
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mad Scientists Science and Mathematics discussion-- theories, arguments, citations, proofs and pudding.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-21, 17:05
pink spid3r pink spid3r is offline
Regular
 
Default Theory on Homosexuals.

Some people think that homosexuals are the devils work. I do not believe in God or Satan, so that is off of my list. I think homosexuals came about so the risk over over popuilation would not increase. They cannot reproduce, so that is one reason. A question asked by many people are ." If homosexuals can'tr reproduce, then why are there so many of them?" Simple answer. More homosexuals are coming about because the world is getting way too populated. This is one way science is preventing it. If we were all straight, then America now would be like Japan, and Japan would be 10 times worse then it is today. What are your thoughts on it?
 #2 
Old 2002-11-21, 17:39
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

Wow. I thought I was the only one who subscribed to that theory.
 #3 
Old 2002-11-21, 17:41
pink spid3r pink spid3r is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

I am glad that you are open minded to subscribe to the theory.
 #4 
Old 2002-11-22, 19:54
Regular
 
Monkey Island
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

Homosexuality is simply sexual fustration. Whether conciously or unconciously, gays are fustrated with the opposing sex. They need another person to get them off and they sink as low as to run to a willing one of their own sex.
 #5 
Old 2002-11-22, 21:05
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

That would be your opinion, Space, not a fact.
 #6 
Old 2002-11-22, 22:42
lokisdaki lokisdaki is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

Your're wrong. Homosexuals can easily produce. Male homosexuals still have a penis and testicles, and women still have a uterus. Some homosexuals still want to reproduce, they just don't find pleasure in the opposite sex.

If homosexuals evolved to slow the human population growth it is way too late, there aren't enough homosexuals. That theory is idiotic.
 #7 
Old 2002-11-23, 05:12
NGNeer NGNeer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

The theory posed in the Illuminatus Trilogy makes about as much sense as those, where everyone is searching for something in sex, leading to the breaking of all sorts of taboos because 'normal' sex doesn't have it. And the fact is, 'normal' sex does have it, if you do it correctly (and not in the sense that "mathematicians do it correctly").
 #8 
Old 2002-11-23, 22:51
Regular
 
Monkey Island
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

quote:
Originally posted by Bogey Man:
That would be your opinion, Space, not a fact.


never said it was, just trying to explain it.
 #9 
Old 2002-11-24, 18:44
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

You just said it, as if it were some mathematical law.
 #10 
Old 2002-11-25, 00:02
pink spid3r pink spid3r is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

quote:
Originally posted by lokisdaki:
Your're wrong. Homosexuals can easily produce. Male homosexuals still have a penis and testicles, and women still have a uterus. Some homosexuals still want to reproduce, they just don't find pleasure in the opposite sex.

If homosexuals evolved to slow the human population growth it is way too late, there aren't enough homosexuals. That theory is idiotic.




Well, that is your opinion. I happen to believe otherwise, but you can believe that if you want.

 #11 
Old 2002-11-25, 01:41
Regular
 
Monkey Island
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

quote:
Originally posted by Bogey Man:
You just said it, as if it were some mathematical law.


Sorry I made my explination intelligent for you.
 #12 
Old 2002-11-25, 04:12
deadkennedy deadkennedy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

First of all, I bet most of you that don't believe in god are australian.

I do believe in god but, i don't think queers are satanic. I am dissaproving of queers. It is just plain wrong. Its like with electricity. Did you ever see a battery with just positives or negatives. I doubt it. You said about queers not being able to reproduce or something like that. Well, some fags say they were born fairys or some shit like that. They can still get a chick and fuck her up the ass or some chick can put her dildo on and screw a guy. That would be a non reproductive way.
I think gays dissaprove of themselves and find another way to do something. They don't like what they are and they automaticly think its their sexuality. The problem with todays society is a fag can walk into a place looking very much like a fag and people are supposed to not laugh. Every time i see a queer I walk right up to them and laugh to my friends and say "look at that fag" I know it sounds childish but it makes them feel bad and they should be. I don't want some guy in purple leather and high heels walking down the street looking at me and saying "hey stud" I had that happen once and from then on I really hate homos. Most people also use their homosexuality for their own gain. They could walk into a place and apply for a job. If they don't get it they file a discrimination charge against the employer. That is all the democrats fucking fault. Would you want your kid turning out to be gay. Think about it. Your son at about 17 says dad, I got a BOYFRIEND. That would make me dissown him. Anyways, the point is I hate queers, AND YOU SHOULD TOO BECAUSE IT IS WRONG AND SHOULD NOT BE LOOKED AT IN A POSITIVE MANNOR.
 #13 
Old 2002-11-25, 15:39
pink spid3r pink spid3r is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

quote:
Originally posted by deadkennedy:
First of all, I bet most of you that don't believe in god are australian.

I do believe in god but, i don't think queers are satanic. I am dissaproving of queers. It is just plain wrong. Its like with electricity. Did you ever see a battery with just positives or negatives. I doubt it. You said about queers not being able to reproduce or something like that. Well, some fags say they were born fairys or some shit like that. They can still get a chick and fuck her up the ass or some chick can put her dildo on and screw a guy. That would be a non reproductive way.
I think gays dissaprove of themselves and find another way to do something. They don't like what they are and they automaticly think its their sexuality. The problem with todays society is a fag can walk into a place looking very much like a fag and people are supposed to not laugh. Every time i see a queer I walk right up to them and laugh to my friends and say "look at that fag" I know it sounds childish but it makes them feel bad and they should be. I don't want some guy in purple leather and high heels walking down the street looking at me and saying "hey stud" I had that happen once and from then on I really hate homos. Most people also use their homosexuality for their own gain. They could walk into a place and apply for a job. If they don't get it they file a discrimination charge against the employer. That is all the democrats fucking fault. Would you want your kid turning out to be gay. Think about it. Your son at about 17 says dad, I got a BOYFRIEND. That would make me dissown him. Anyways, the point is I hate queers, AND YOU SHOULD TOO BECAUSE IT IS WRONG AND SHOULD NOT BE LOOKED AT IN A POSITIVE MANNOR.



Actually, I am American, and what is so wrong about it? You obviously are narrow minded, and do not respect someone who is homosexual. I find it silly that you would dis-own your own son for being homosexual. If I met you, I would burn you at a stake .:grins:. I am biseuxal. That is pretty much being homosexual and straight, and I wear all black, and I do not say hey stud while walking down the street. You are just sterotyping.

[This message has been edited by pink spid3r (edited 11-25-2002).]
 #14 
Old 2002-11-25, 22:15
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

It is people like you, who give white trash like me a bad name. You are lucky I don't beleive in censorship, otherwise I would wipe your post right off this forum.
 #15 
Old 2002-11-26, 01:38
pink spid3r pink spid3r is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

If I was a mod, his post would of already been deleted.
 #16 
Old 2002-11-26, 07:49
djdex djdex is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

It appears again that we the people of this forum have delved to deap into our own spirit and come up with a conflict of interest. You people are always saying how there is a scientific explanation to sooo many things, yet here you are saying that god is right and homosexuals are wrong. Its very contradictory to the way you look at many other things.
Granted we are human and we can always have the right to think the way we want about anything. But homosexuals have this same right. They are human. And they are not wrong. <---- Insert Oscar Award Here.
 #17 
Old 2002-11-26, 20:03
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

quote:
Sorry I made my explination intelligent for you.


Not quite, it would have been intelligent if you had neglected to incorporate your closed mind.

Someday deadKennedy will grow up, or die, and the world's morals will be completely unbalanced without his regulation.
 #18 
Old 2002-11-26, 22:52
TreyDay TreyDay is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

Here's how gay people really came around, according to TreyDay.

In the beginning there were no gay people. Then when people got into drugs, they started coming around. It changed some stuff, and gays are somewhat mutated in their thinking. Then the 60's came when people got into the heavy drugs like LSD and acid and the sorts and it really mewssed them up. Thus, the explosion of the gay population in the 90's and now. The people in the 70's reproduced gay children and the gay children are growing up and are around 20. Sure there are some old gay people, but not many. There are a lot of gay high school and college student.

Man, I just come up with stuff so quick. I should write my own book. I'm a modern day Einstein or one of them guys that came up with a lot of theories.
 #19 
Old 2002-11-27, 02:25
ardene ardene is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

i don't hate gays.. ive got gay in the family(not bro or sis) but i HATE gays that stand out then flirt or act as if you owe them respect frop being gay. One time i was in a big ass hot tub at a watterslide park and this dude grabed my thigh and smiled at me i yelled out how he was fagget then he started to ball and cry. he deserved it but thats what made my views on gays changed
so IF YOUR GAY STAY AWAY(as in don't act as if your better)
 #20 
Old 2002-11-27, 04:04
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

The irony is that you acted like a girl.
 #21 
Old 2002-11-27, 04:06
djdex djdex is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

I can agree with that. A very close friend of mine is gay, but he isnt the type that acts as though he is something special because of it. He goes about his life just as i do and we all love him. How ever he has friends that arent like that....and i cant stand it. They think that as a minority, they are owed something. But lukily thats the minority...., of the minority.
 #22 
Old 2002-11-27, 12:24
localgh0st localgh0st is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

I don't belive in homosexuality but in homosexuals. This sounds stupid, I know but let me explain it.

I was sexually abused when I was about 14. I grew up without a father or anybody else playing that role. I lived with my mother, my sister and a lot of other chicks(Friends of my mother).
Altough it is hard to admit, I think every guy makes some queer expiriences in this age. This doesn't have to mean that one is a homosexual at all. In this age your body still looks kind of female(smooth skin etc.).
I began to THINK I was a homosexual although I wasn't(I used to watch porn with females on the net).
I belive that a guy can belive that much that he's a homosexual that he actually becomes one! The male body contains female sexual hormones and many erogen zones that seem to be gay. A guy can develop a certain relationship to his body, seeing it as a substitute for a female partner, feelig more and more the femal sexuality contained in every guy until it takes over.
I think the reason of this is that body contact in any form except fighting is a no-no between guys. Persons who have problems with their fathers are seeking for such contacts, belive me.
Females can touch each other without anybody thinking this has anything to do with sexuality.
These are the reasons why some guys begin to think their gay during their development, because the society makes them THINK their gay until they are.

I've got a girlfriend and we are happy together. I'm not gay and learned to see my expiriences as normal.

This is my opinion, it may be true or false.
I know that I wrote as if these things were a fact but for me they are.
 #23 
Old 2002-11-27, 17:18
TreyDay TreyDay is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

LocalGh0st, that is surprisingly the dumbest statement I have ever heard. I have never had a homosexual experience or ever think I was gay. I never look at naked men on the Internet. What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you bi or something. That would explain it better than all that crap you were talking about.
 #24 
Old 2002-11-27, 17:59
pink spid3r pink spid3r is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

I knew that my thread was going to start rivalries.
 #25 
Old 2002-11-27, 22:01
ScreamOfDeath ScreamOfDeath is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

Personally, i think that there is no "Scientific" explanation for some one being homosexual. They just are.

Do we really have to disect something that we have no understanding of? how could we decide where a certian sexuality came from, unless we have actual contact with such a sexuality?
 #26 
Old 2002-11-28, 03:57
localgh0st localgh0st is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

@TrayDay:
Before opening your mouth, read my post again: I said I'm not gay and looked at naked WOMEN beeing fucked or lesbians, just to proove my pointn that I was actually a hetero. Do you have hallucinations? I never say that all guys make such experiences. Grow up without a father an get reoaed and you'll know what I mean. I think one might think he's gay in some curcumstances. I didn't mean real sexual experiences but things like when your 12 or so you jerk off together with your friends (everybody on its own of course). I was abused and raped, so my self-assurance was severely damaged, but if you had carefully read and understood my post BEFORE complaining you would have understood what I was trying to say:

If young guys jerk off together somethimes(again: In the age of about 12 and everybody on its own without any intentions except for probably comparing penis size like women compare breast size in this age of) what i think did many of us, probably also seeking for a father person (no, not to fuck or anything else, just a father like you have one) or some deeper emotional relationship to a good friend(again: not sexually in any form, just showing that you appreciate each other) which is unusual between guys since we tend to be very rough to each other, one might start to BELIVE he's gay. Did you understand this so far? I thought I was gay after I was raped although I found penises and men extrenmely discusting but liked pussys and tits and slim females with smooth skin etc.
Because your classmates might call everybody gay for everythig, you MIGHT start to belive it.
I think this is increased because even guys tend to seek for PLATONIC body contact in this age through fighting.

So if one is ALREADY thinking he might be gay, he might misinterpret these 'signs', which are actually misunderstood by the society as a proof of his being queer.
In this age you might not have made any sexual experiences with women, so you don't know how it feels. Gays often consider their body as a female partner substitute during masturbation since in this age females and males sill resemble each other. So they start to develop a strange own-love. They might be too shy to date a women so they begin to make gay expiriences because the power of auto-suggestion which they might adapt to and become gay.
Statistics proove that a very much juvenile boys make experiences with other boys(NOT fucking and blowing and stuff). My mother is a psychologist and she told me the same.

ScreamOfDeath might be right and there are some real gays. I heard that they develop if the mother secretes too much fenale sexual hormones during pregancy but there might still be many which aren't really gay.
To sum it up, I think there are many factors that can make a unexperienced boy belive he's gay although he's not.
IM NOT GAY, I'VE GOT A GIRLFRIEND WHICH I LIKE TO FUCK WHILE PLAYING WITH HER CLIT!!!
I know my english is bad at the moment, because I'm tired but did anybody get my point? Try to be a little openminded!
 #27 
Old 2002-11-28, 06:01
mzilikatzi mzilikatzi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

Localghost, I think most of us got your point, and I,for one, think it was a very brave one.

Your point that boys and for that matter, girls, go through a homo erotic phase during puberty is valid, and well supported in the literature on the subject.

According to the Kinsey studies on sexuality in the US, a very large percentage of men have at least one homosexual experience during their lives. IIRC the figure is in the region of 30%. Women have an even higher experience rate.

So, based on that, homosexuality is common, as a sexual experience. As a lifestyle, where a person is exclusively homo, it is rarer, but still significant. If we accept the generally touted figre of 10% of adults being gay, it means that each and every poster on this board knows or has contact with a gay person, on a regular basis. The stereotype mincing queen is a rarity - your postman might be gay, your motor mechanic, teacher, boss, anyone.

There is then another kind of homo - the one who screams how loudly he hates gays but ends up in a hot tub being groped - generally known as being in the closet or sexually repressed.

There appear to be more than oner of those on totse ....

As to where gays come from or what natures plan is iro them, who cares? The more varied life and society is, the more fun and fullfillment we all get. Every variation on the human theme is interesting and challenging, even if one is sometimes baffled at why people do what they do.
 #28 
Old 2002-11-28, 06:50
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

I think queers just want something different
 #29 
Old 2002-11-28, 08:53
mzilikatzi mzilikatzi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyDay:


Man, I just come up with stuff so quick. I should write my own book. I'm a modern day Einstein or one of them guys that came up with a lot of theories.



I see very little evidence of that ..... LOL

 #30 
Old 2002-11-28, 08:56
mzilikatzi mzilikatzi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

quote:
Originally posted by pink spid3r:
.:grins:. I am biseuxal. That is pretty much being homosexual and straight,
[This message has been edited by pink spid3r (edited 11-25-2002).]



Another definition of Bi-sexual is someone who never lets sex go by LOL

Interesting post - if you are not just taking the piss out of the fag bashers, an expansion on how you got to that point would be interesting ...

M
 #31 
Old 2002-11-28, 17:27
TreyDay TreyDay is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

Well the theory that people are born gay was created by the gay community, which was based on no evidence. They want rights like the black Americans got because to deny someone a human right based on something they can't control, such as race, is wrong. So, even though for the longest time they said being homosexual was a lifestyle, they changed it so they could try to get rights. Now, they compare the gay struggle with the black's struggle to get rights.
 #32 
Old 2002-12-01, 22:42
b4d0m3n b4d0m3n is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

The fact is that homosexuals just ARE. Why analyze it?
 #33 
Old 2002-12-02, 12:22
pink spid3r pink spid3r is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

The theory is an example of how nature works and helps adapt humans for what is coming up for the future.

[This message has been edited by pink spid3r (edited 12-02-2002).]
 #34 
Old 2002-12-05, 07:03
abstractAffect abstractAffect is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

Idiots.

Homosexuality comes from a number of reasons in differnt cases. It's never b/c of one thing.

Futhermore, The Roman Empire was the gay capital of the world.

This has been going on since we have been around. No current day refrences will be the case to explain it. And this sexual desire does not kill a mans desire to reproduce.

But go ahead.. keep reaching.
 #35 
Old 2002-12-05, 15:24
frontalobe frontalobe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

quote:
Originally posted by abstractAffect:
Idiots.

Homosexuality comes from a number of reasons in differnt cases. It's never b/c of one thing.

Futhermore, The Roman Empire was the gay capital of the world.

This has been going on since we have been around. No current day refrences will be the case to explain it. And this sexual desire does not kill a mans desire to reproduce.

But go ahead.. keep reaching.



The romans also threw people to lions for fun . this was credited to the fact that thier main water supply was contaminated with lead and according to respectable research, good grounds for brain damge or mental illness.

i also put homosexuality down to mentall illnes.
(bear in mind that i mean 'mental illness as a loose phrase)

 #36 
Old 2002-12-05, 15:28
frontalobe frontalobe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

also, might i add that only recently have scientists done research with rats/mice wich more or less concludes that homosexually is credited to abnormality in the brain.if you disbelieve GOOGLE it.
(Either that or just darn rirht dirty!)
 #37 
Old 2002-12-07, 07:11
abstractAffect abstractAffect is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

Ok .. not to sound offensive in the least bit. But you have to be around the age of 16 if you completly believe what you just said.

Not disputing that Italy/Greece/Turkey and the surronding islands were rich in copper.
But EVEN if that was the case. This doesnt explain the records of homosexuals throughout time. Even before the Egyptians, homsexuals have been and lived.

And if you try that same google search you'll find that many test studies with animals they've proved that the major percantage of homosexual tendencies comes from genetics. B/c large amounts of diff. species of animals are gay.

But back to the human realm. Homosexuality comes from a number of reasons. You could be born with more/less harmones that attract men/men or women/women. Or your brain chemistry could just develop to liking the same sex. Or you might have some disabling experiences that lead you to gay behavior.

Anyhow. When you grow up and do more research and have gay friends you'll come to a differnt conclusion.

Even if you still believe what you said. How would u explain that over 70% of women have bi tendencies.

Would u say that they all have brain damage.

Come on now.
 #38 
Old 2002-12-08, 19:15
pink spid3r pink spid3r is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

I have created a monster.
 #39 
Old 2002-12-11, 10:54
SwampThing SwampThing is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

I try my best to accept gays and bisexuals, but there is one thing that I just can't get past. I can't understand how gays, or lesbians, can be allowed to have children by any means, (ie a surrogate parent, 'test tube' babies). This has nothing to do with the ability, or lack thereof, of homosexuals to be good parents. The gay 'parents' obviously think more about their own selfish want for a child that the interests of the child itself. Imagine the torment the child would have to endure from normally parented kids for their whole school lives. I have no doubt that as soon as it was known that the child has two mummys/daddys, that questions will arise from the other kids, then the questions will become taunts , insults and abuse as the child gets older. How anybody could put an innocent kid rough this I can't understand. I'm no expert, but i'm fairly sure a few gay-parented kids exist.
 #40 
Old 2002-12-12, 03:42
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

I disagree with that. My cousin has a gay mother, and she got along with people just fine.
 #41 
Old 2002-12-15, 22:43
The Eternal Andy The Eternal Andy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

quote:
Originally posted by pink spid3r:
I have created a monster.


Indeed.....

 #42 
Old 2002-12-17, 02:53
Frey Grimrod Frey Grimrod is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

Ok... gonna toss down some thoughts.

I have quite a few gay and bi friends.

Iv always been particularly amused by the hypothesis that all great empires collapse once homosexuality comes too be widely accepted the Romans being the greatest example of this. However I dont agree with this idea.

Iv pondered the idea of being a homosexual and have come too consider myself mildly bisexual however I have no intent of takeing a dick up the ass or into my mouth.

The idea of this being an inherited trait is a little hard for me too swallow just doesnt follow common sense however I could easily accept that some cases have a biological cause.

As for "REAL GAYS" if by that you mean people who truely believe their the opposit sex trapped in the wrong body I think thats another issue entirely stemming largely from hermaphrodites etc. and has nothing too do with homosexuality.

Sure I could rant on and on however its late I have work and I havnt been sleeping.
 #43 
Old 2002-12-17, 17:29
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

While there are some gay people who do feel that they are trapped in a body of the wrong sex, I think it is a mistake to asume that that is the only kind of gay person. Most (as far as I know) gay people are satisfied with their current gender. They just happen to be attracted to other members of their gender.
 #44 
Old 2002-12-17, 19:29
SomeEverydayNobody SomeEverydayNobody is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

Anyone who believes there is a specific reason for why all homosexuals are the way they are is a fucking idiot.

Its called a personal choice. And each personal choice, comes iwth its own personal reasons. Perhaps some gay men grew up around more men then women and find it easier to be around another man, or perhaps just the opposite. Maybe they grew up without many men in their life, and found that they enjoyed the company of men moreso then women, when they first discovered it.

Or perhaps some guys just like it up the poop shoot and really don't understand why they should have to buy a strap-on for their female partner if they want it.

Its a choice, and theres no complex reasoning behidn it. Its about as complex as why you ate cornflakes this morning and not cheerios.

The reason we have MEN and WOMEN are because thats how humans reproduce. Reproduction has nothign to do with love, or sexual desires. A gay man can still have children, as can a gay women, they just choose to be pelasured by soemone of the same sex.

Hows that for the reasoning behind homosexuality?
 #45 
Old 2002-12-17, 20:49
Das Troll Das Troll is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

to go back to the original post, i dont think humans are homosexuals cause of population problems. thats what war is for. humans have no natural predators so we feed on each other. murders, car crashes, planes flying into buildings, and viral death. thats how humanity is kept in check. as for the reasoning behind homosexuals? beats the shit out of me
 #46 
Old 2002-12-18, 04:40
Dr Spock Dr Spock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

So long as you follow the theory of evolution, then you cannot say that homosexuals are a reaction to overpopulation. This is VERY clear for four reasons:

1) No given individual is affected in any kind of genetic way by living near more people or less people. As long as you reproduce, nature doesn't care. (This still leaves the question of whether living in a group promotes sex between people who will have homosexual offspring)

2) However, the time period for such a change to occur (a significant genetic change due to evolution), is about 2-5 million years. We have only had a noticeably large population for 200 years. Genetic change simply doesnt happen on that time scale.

3) There can be no previous genetic programming for homosexuality due to the fact that human's have never had a prohibitively large population before; there has never been an environment in which humanity had to self regualte population. Therefore there cannot be old genes which are now coming back into play.

4) Finally, what I think is the most convincing arguement, is that there is NO EVOLUTIONARY SENSE toa preservation of homosexuality. Evolutionarily, the genetic types responsible for homosexula offspring will be weeded out over time, because their genes are not passed down. Even if homosexuality WAS triggered by population (which it wasnt), it would be on the decline thanks to evolution.

In short, the whole theory makes no sense.
 #47 
Old 2002-12-18, 12:44
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

1) But genetics can dictate that certian behaviors surface under certian conditions. Such as the 'fight or flight' response.

2) Perhaps that's large by todays standards, but way back when communities started to feel the crunch at only a few hundred people. Simply because in one given spot there were only so many resources avaliable to the whole community.

3) See #2.

4) Not necicarily. There are several senarios that could account for that. Perhaps the genes that are responsable for the population trigger are recessive so that only some people have an active copy, while others are carriers. Or perhaps just some people are more suceptable to it being turned on by population pressure than others, but it still exists in those where the behavior doesn't surface.

That's my 2�.
 #48 
Old 2002-12-18, 13:44
frontalobe frontalobe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

quote:
Originally posted by abstractAffect:
Ok .. not to sound offensive in the least bit. But you have to be around the age of 16 if you completly believe what you just said.

Not disputing that Italy/Greece/Turkey and the surronding islands were rich in copper.
But EVEN if that was the case. This doesnt explain the records of homosexuals throughout time. Even before the Egyptians, homsexuals have been and lived.

And if you try that same google search you'll find that many test studies with animals they've proved that the major percantage of homosexual tendencies comes from genetics. B/c large amounts of diff. species of animals are gay.

But back to the human realm. Homosexuality comes from a number of reasons. You could be born with more/less harmones that attract men/men or women/women. Or your brain chemistry could just develop to liking the same sex. Or you might have some disabling experiences that lead you to gay behavior.

Anyhow. When you grow up and do more research and have gay friends you'll come to a differnt conclusion.

Even if you still believe what you said. How would u explain that over 70% of women have bi tendencies.

Would u say that they all have brain damage.

Come on now.



Go fuck yourself, or better still your boyfriend.
The things i stated are in fact scientifically proven, you may not have found it on google because you are probably 16 yourself.
Also over the years i have had close homosexual friends so im not prejudice like you may think im just trying to understand why?
How dare you insult me by saying im 16, im actually 19 and have allready had alot of experience in life both academically and socialy. Did i say go fuck yourself?

 #49 
Old 2002-12-18, 13:50
frontalobe frontalobe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

quote:
Not disputing that Italy/Greece/Turkey and the surronding islands were rich in copper.



Who said anything about copper anyway? L-E-A-D
How dare you offend me by insulting my intelligence.

oh, did i mention go fuck yourself or your boyfriend whichever the case may be.
 #50 
Old 2002-12-18, 13:55
frontalobe frontalobe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

come on, whip it out 'big boy.
 #51 
Old 2002-12-19, 22:35
PuReNeUtRoN PuReNeUtRoN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

i'll be there in a minute, i'm just putting my tights on.:P


-Pure[Moron]Neutron
 #52 
Old 2002-12-20, 19:55
abstractAffect abstractAffect is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

um ... i think they were reffering to me ... and they already had thier way with me ...

nothing special ... but his mom sucks one hell of a taint.
 #53 
Old 2002-12-20, 19:58
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

So far I am proud that there have been no posts moved from Mad Scientists to Bitch and Moan. Don't make me eat my words.
 #54 
Old 2002-12-20, 20:10
abstractAffect abstractAffect is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

Oh no worries. Just your typical "I secretly have a dildo in my ass" kinda guy flaring off the handle.

Ok ok... puns aside.

Back to the point of contention.

He wouldn�t be so insulted if he saw that 90% of the thread's replies were along the same lines as what I was saying.

Which was:

-My argument
A.) Homosexuality comes from a number of reasons from choice or hormonal.

-His argument
B.) Homosexuality derives from brain damage.

I rest my case.
The only problem was his dis-belief and anger at my disagreement to such a scientifically sound argument which was flaming with "haha your a fuckin fag if you disagree" .... classic troglodyte reaction.

Little does his know I've been through more pussy then a Hong Kong meat factory.


[This message has been edited by abstractAffect (edited 12-20-2002).]

[This message has been edited by abstractAffect (edited 12-20-2002).]
 #55 
Old 2002-12-21, 22:52
Regular
 
OZ
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

quote:
Originally posted by pink spid3r:
Some people think that homosexuals are the devils work. I do not believe in God or Satan, so that is off of my list. I think homosexuals came about so the risk over over popuilation would not increase. They cannot reproduce, so that is one reason. A question asked by many people are ." If homosexuals can'tr reproduce, then why are there so many of them?" Simple answer. More homosexuals are coming about because the world is getting way too populated. This is one way science is preventing it. If we were all straight, then America now would be like Japan, and Japan would be 10 times worse then it is today. What are your thoughts on it?


Once! Once i got 100% for an assignment, the subject 'homsexuality'. Then the #%*! moderator took marks off cause i had put in the appendix information that - in the moderators opinion - belonged in the body of the work.

That appendix related to scientific research into the hypothalmus? believed to be the seat of human sexuality in the brain.

The sci/technofreaks have discovered a measurable difference between the male and female brains and exhibited research demonstrating the fact that many males have female brains and vice versa. Small wonder that relationships get so difficult!

I'm not suggesting that this is the cause of all homosexuality, rather that there are many and complex reasons. Perhaps it is best to not judge from ignorance?
 #56 
Old 2002-12-23, 19:30
nastradamnus nastradamnus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

Homo exist cause they cant get chicks, end of story!
 #57 
Old 2002-12-24, 23:48
KjeXz0r KjeXz0r is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

quote:
Originally posted by SpaceFalcon2001:
Homosexuality is simply sexual fustration. Whether conciously or unconciously, gays are fustrated with the opposing sex.

What about bisexuals, my dear watson?

- Kay Jay Eee Ex Zee
 #58 
Old 2002-12-25, 02:35
Kendjo Kendjo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

quote:
Originally posted by SpaceFalcon2001:
never said it was, just trying to explain it.



I completly agree with space, its frustration, and rejection, or just being more comfortable around your own sex, i don't think it can be proved since most homosexuals would disagree with this out of embarresment

 #59 
Old 2002-12-25, 13:15
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

By that logic just about everyone in high school would be fruiter than an orchard.
 #60 
Old 2002-12-29, 04:13
Bricerma Bricerma is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

quote:
im actually 19 and have allready had alot of experience in life both academically and socialy.


wow, you must be so proud!

 #61 
Old 2002-12-30, 03:20
abstractAffect abstractAffect is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

And he's got the patches to show!
 #62 
Old 2002-12-30, 18:31
Regular
 
OZ
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

quote:
Originally posted by KjeXz0r:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SpaceFalcon2001:
[b]Homosexuality is simply sexual fustration. Whether conciously or unconciously, gays are fustrated with the opposing sex.


What about bisexuals, my dear watson?

- Kay Jay Eee Ex Zee [/B][/QUOTE]

A theory: http://www.innerworlds.50megs.com/gaybrain.htm
 #63 
Old 2002-12-30, 21:53
JoeSchmoe JoeSchmoe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

My uncle was a homosexual. He was then beaten to death for it. I do not find anything wrong with it. I do not believe in God or Satan, however I think we were all put here for a reason, and some were made gay for a reason, its a way of life. Some people just need to get over it and deal with it.
 #64 
Old 2002-12-31, 00:50
buster_hymen buster_hymen is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

can I ask why the hell anyone would CHOOSE to be gay? that is the most ignorant thing I have ever heard...Did anyone here CHOOSE to be heterosexual/bi-sexual? I'm not agaisnt the gay adoption thing, it's society's fault for not being accepting enough. If a child need a home, homosexual parents could do just as well of a job of raising children as heterosexual parents. Is anyone here agaisnt single parenting? it's the same concept, only with homosexual parents they atleast have two parents.
 #65 
Old 2003-01-02, 20:29
Viper229 Viper229 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

At first I thought homosexuals had a mental disorder. But now I have come to my own conclusion. That homosexuals are "allergic" or having "backfire" responses to our drugged culture. In our meat and chickens we have growth hormones which are synthetic estrogen(female hormones). We have sulfur drugs and all that stuff. Since the 1950s there has not been growth hormones in the meat market. Now its widespread with fastfood and everything. So could this synthetic estrogen be making males be homo in sexual preference? By altering there brain chemical structure.Could these female hormones make males choose to have sexual preference like females.

[This message has been edited by Viper229 (edited 01-02-2003).]
 #66 
Old 2003-01-02, 20:55
deptstoremook deptstoremook is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

I thought ancient greece was the standard for homosexual acceptance.

Anyway, I don't think anyone on this board can honestly say they are 100%, red-blooded american straight. I'd probably say I'm 20% gay. As a person before me said, this doesn't mean that I would have sex with men if I had the choice between men and women, but if I had to (say prison, or something) I wouldn't be hugely objectional to it.

And gay people aren't mentally sick. Most of them can't help it, and know from a young age that they are 'different'. And most of my gay/bi friends keep it to themselves, and aren't flamers. It's always the few that ruin the image of an entire race. I.E. Thugz and gangstas for blacks, flamers for gays, etc.

As to the original theory: My 'natural population-control' personally says that AIDS is one of those population control things. I mean, think about it. It spreads through reproduction. Justp utting a thought out there.
 #67 
Old 2003-01-03, 02:42
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

Diseases are in fact a natural form of population control. In close societys diseases spread the fastest, thinning the population the fastest. Medical technology has thrown that all off kilter for the human animal though.

"I like my beer cold, my television loud, and my homosexuals flaming."
~Homer Simpson
 #68 
Old 2003-01-05, 20:39
MrEricSir MrEricSir is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

It always makes me laugh when I meet people who claim to be straight, as well as homophobic, but then talk about how these skinny, boyish looking women are attractive.

I doubt anyone is completely gay or completely straight -- I've never really known anyone who was ignorant enough to put gender before love 100% of the time.
 #69 
Old 2003-01-05, 20:44
MrEricSir MrEricSir is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

quote:
Originally posted by Viper229:
At first I thought homosexuals had a mental disorder. But now I have come to my own conclusion. That homosexuals are "allergic" or having "backfire" responses to our drugged culture. In our meat and chickens we have growth hormones which are synthetic estrogen(female hormones). We have sulfur drugs and all that stuff. Since the 1950s there has not been growth hormones in the meat market. Now its widespread with fastfood and everything. So could this synthetic estrogen be making males be homo in sexual preference? By altering there brain chemical structure.Could these female hormones make males choose to have sexual preference like females.

So how do you explain the gay population BEFORE 1950? I assume you also believe that flouridated drinking water is a communist plot...
 #70 
Old 2003-01-06, 08:47
Criscocy Criscocy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

You guys have got to be fucking with me. First of all, an article on fags(no offense fellas)in the mad scientist section? Second of all there is no reason why gays came about. They didn't come here in hopes of decreasing the population! It all has to do with how the person was raised. Gays like men other men to be different or because they like something different. I'm no homosexual but i think its a pretty good assumption.
 #71 
Old 2003-01-06, 10:16
C101C C101C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

You have a very open mind my friend.

- Drax
 #72 
Old 2003-01-06, 11:40
Python Python is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

I believe that it's true that a lot of Homophobes are actually gay, as they can't face that fact and try and prove to everyone else that they arn't gay by hating other gays.

I also believe that a lot of people who say they are Bisexual are actually Homosexual (Elton John, anyone?), and are ashamed of that fact.

I do not hate homosexuals, i do not discriminate against them, all I am saying is that it ain't natural, and as long as Gay couples don't have children then I couldn't care less. However with the advent of cloning and adoption I am starting to get worried. Imagine if you were just getting into your teens, and you were the only kid in school who had 2 dads? You will get it ripped out of you, you would have no friends, you will be put under enourmass Physcollogical torment, and as a resault probably commit suicide or become gay yourself. It isn't fair to the children of these gay couples, especcially as the world hasnt completely accepted gays yet. I knew a guy whose 2 brothers beat the shit out of their own father when they found out he was gay. Maybe some day when it does, it may be more acceptable for Gay Couples to do this kind of thing, but not yet, which brings me to my next point.

There have always been gays, ever since ancient times; did you know Alexander the Great was a fag? I still respect him though. It's just that in the past this practise was so frowned upon that all gay relationships were all kept secret. In the modern world, though, people are starting to be a lot more open about it. It isn't a case of gays popping up because of Drugs, that's bullshit, Treyday you just don't know shit.

Oh and before you ask, i ain't a gay, and though I may not be "100 % Red-Blooded American Straight", I am "Close to 100% Red-Blooded Russian Straight"
 #73 
Old 2003-01-06, 22:41
MrEricSir MrEricSir is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

quote:
Originally posted by Python:
It isn't fair to the children of these gay couples, especcially as the world hasnt completely accepted gays yet.

True. But nobody ever said that life was fair (and if they did, they were lying.) I assume you're familiar with the "Civil Rights era" when black people had to fight for their rights. The situation was rather similar -- if they didn't take the initiative and demand to be able to do things that everyone else could do, they wouldn't ever get anything. Likewise, if gay couples don't adopt kids, this sort of thing will never be accepted by our society. Social change is a gradual thing, not some magic switch like you seem to think it is.
 #74 
Old 2003-01-06, 23:40
exist exist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

i dont think homo sexual exist

its bullshit, people have hardcore fetishes that they really get into and they almost live by them.
when someone likes something it grows on them.
i dont there there was one homo that knew he was a homo when he first learned about sexual stuff.
 #75 
Old 2003-01-07, 01:43
letsnukechina letsnukechina is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

A chemical that creates certian kinds of brain develoment is sometimes stopped by the mothers immune system, and leaves brains female, but with a perfectly normal body that still is capable of reproducing normally.
 #76 
Old 2003-01-07, 05:38
Criscocy Criscocy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

I'm sure if every parent didnt raise their children to be gay or not to be gay, just to have an open mind, we wouldnt have silly probelems like these ( not saying homos are problems its just a flaw thats not helping out humanity)
 #77 
Old 2003-01-07, 20:14
MrEricSir MrEricSir is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

quote:
Originally posted by Criscocy:
( not saying homos are problems its just a flaw thats not helping out humanity)

Prove that homosexuality is a flaw.

It's true that homosexuals aren't "helping humanity," but so what? Neither is anybody else!
 #78 
Old 2003-01-08, 06:19
Criscocy Criscocy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

my point was, that their not producing offspring, potiential geniuses that could solve all of earth's problems, not saying they would, but its possible.
 #79 
Old 2003-01-08, 08:28
mzilikatzi mzilikatzi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

quote:
Originally posted by Criscocy:
my point was, that their not producing offspring, potiential geniuses that could solve all of earth's problems, not saying they would, but its possible.


On the other hand, by not producing offspring they could just as well be avoiding whelping an Adolph Hitler, joe Stalin or Saddam Hussein - your point is spurious
 #80 
Old 2003-01-13, 03:52
KamikazePimp KamikazePimp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

Most of us guys have experimented with our own kind (suck it up & admit it!!). Nothin wrong w/ a 'different' form of population control! But if it were 2 girls, you'd be jerkin your bird right now. Being bi or gay doesn't compromise ones masculinity.

When I think of jobs for gays, I think of steel mill workers, Navy personnel, and hot, sweaty, shirtless construction workers in tight shorts. See, most gays are not interior decorators, craft shop clerks, and flower shop workers!
 #81 
Old 2003-01-13, 11:33
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

quote:
Originally posted by Criscocy:
my point was, that their not producing offspring, potiential geniuses that could solve all of earth's problems, not saying they would, but its possible.


You sir, are a moron. We need less people, not more in the hopes of breedning another Einstein or Hawkings or Newton. The world would benifit more right now by being able to eat insted of having a new way to play with numbers.
 #82 
Old 2003-01-17, 05:11
Criscocy Criscocy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

Agreed, but my point is that we need hederosexuals for our species to survive.
 #83 
Old 2003-01-17, 05:25
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

There's always artifidal insemination.
 #84 
Old 2003-01-17, 23:30
pink spid3r pink spid3r is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

Crisocy,

The human race could survive with only 407 hedrosexuals in the world. As long as there is some source of human life, then the humans will exsist until they eventually kill themselves off. Which is in the next 100 years or so, the way the world is today. And yes, there is artifically insemenation. As long as there is a source of sperm, there is always an outcome of life aswell. I hope that clarified it in more detail.
 #85 
Old 2003-01-18, 10:23
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Theory on Homosexuals.

Not to mention, with the advent of human cloning it will be possible for homosexual couples to have children with both of their genetic material by taking one of each chromosome from each. Of course women will need to get a Y chromosome from someone else if they want a boy, and men will still need a womb.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics