About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Sciences > Mad Scientists
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mad Scientists Science and Mathematics discussion-- theories, arguments, citations, proofs and pudding.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-27, 00:05
silencer silencer is offline
Regular
 
Default Need physics help

Anyone know of any good books that teach physics through concepts rather than rote memorization?

I'm really smart but I'm getting a 52% in my AP Physics class right now because I never do any of the work - I can't stand repition!! I like experiments that demonstrate principles, but ADD immediately kicks into gear whenever I see a story problem...
 #2 
Old 2002-10-27, 00:30
Regular
 
eagan mn usa
Default Re: Need physics help

Try Carl Sagans' non-fiction books.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-27, 04:43
silencer silencer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Need physics help

Hmmm
Well I checked his stuff out, doesn't seem to be much help for an AP Physics class.
Anybody else?
 #4 
Old 2002-11-01, 22:00
biot biot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Need physics help

Get yourself a dope book. I like Halliday and Resnick. Straight to he point. I have the second edition it's from 1982 it's my bible. Read your book before class and do all the problems at the end of each section in your book. basically what you would do for any hard class. you just have to bite the fuciing bullet. it helps if you like physics.

here's two of my fav physics links http://www.mchawking.com http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/physics/
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics