About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Science > Science of the Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Science of the Damned Paranoia, ghostly delusions and the science of the damned.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-02-10, 22:01
PureEvil PureEvil is offline
Regular
 
Default Movies

Have you guys seen any kick ass scifi/horror movies lately that i should check out. Last night i saw Pitch black (which kciked royal loads of asses) and stir of ehoes (which also ruled)

------------------
Posted by nitro I am pure evil, a slave to the dark, and my own savior.
 #2 
Old 2001-02-10, 23:47
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Movies

i though pitch black sucked.

it was good until the end.

i was like what, that's it.

it's over.
 #3 
Old 2001-02-13, 03:26
+S[]LeNT_K[]LL+ +S[]LeNT_K[]LL+ is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Movies

I havn't seen Pitch Black but I did hear it wasn't that good. But I did see Stir of Echos and I thought it kicked royal ass! I thought it was like The 6th Sense but it was alot scarier and way cooler, Kevin Bacon made that little kid look like a pussy. WB
 #4 
Old 2001-02-13, 03:38
PureEvil PureEvil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Movies

Holy fucking shitchunks. I just finsished "The Cell" on DVD. That movie is fucking warped. Its like some kind of acid trip. its great. and Jenifer Lopez is fucking hot in it too. You guys have to see this shit.
 #5 
Old 2001-02-14, 17:44
biot biot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Movies

yeah man pitch balck sucked so does supernova so dont watch that. The cell is pretty dope the story is kinda so so but the costumes and set design are the shit. Its worth 2 hours of your life. Ever see Event Horizon? It's a few years old but thats some scary shit. That guy that liked the cell should see that if he hasn't. Titus is maybe even more triped out than the Cell so get that too but good luck understanding it the first time you watch it. As far as a new one... They have really all sucked huh. Mission to mars is ok but only if you haven't seen or read 2001 then it just not as good as 2001. Because 2001 kicks major ass.
 #6 
Old 2001-02-14, 21:39
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Movies

event horizon is one of the best movies of all time, not just scary movies, all movies.

i saw it in the theater and 5 minutes into the show it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop, the audience was absolutely silent.

i couldn't believe it.
 #7 
Old 2001-02-14, 21:58
PureEvil PureEvil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Movies

I saw previews for event horrizon a few months ago on a movie i bought. I don't remember which one, but it look phat. I've wanted to see it but haven't gotten around to it. I love space horrors. What did you guys think of starship troopers. The plot blew ass but the gore was great. I liked mission to mars. that movie was pretty good. Hmm my favorite horror movie is probably "The Stand"
 #8 
Old 2001-02-15, 08:26
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Movies

On the topic of science fiction and horror I can't believe no one has mentioned the aliens series yet.
 #9 
Old 2001-02-15, 21:54
PureEvil PureEvil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Movies

I wasn't overly impressed with them. I saw Alien Resurection first and then went to rent the others and i was dissapointed. Once you've seen that one you know everything that happened. One really cool horror series is Phantasm. any of you guys heard of it? if you have do you know when phantasm 5 is coming out?
 #10 
Old 2001-02-16, 02:32
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Movies

alien was good, aliens was alright.

the rest sucked ass.

"hell is only a word, a reality is much worse"~event horizon
 #11 
Old 2001-02-16, 06:01
PureEvil PureEvil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Movies

Hmm i just remembered a cool movie. No Escape. Ever heard of it?
 #12 
Old 2001-02-16, 06:11
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Movies

phantasm is the one with the homocidal balls right?
 #13 
Old 2001-02-17, 10:27
Nemesis Nemesis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Movies

2001 is still the best sci/fi movie in my opinion.

------------------
-Nemesis-
 #14 
Old 2001-02-18, 00:41
PureEvil PureEvil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Movies

yeah Phantasm is the one with the crazy balls with the knives that come out. And the tall man
 #15 
Old 2001-02-18, 08:17
HUMAN_GOURD HUMAN_GOURD is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Movies

what the hell is wrong with you people? I can't believe nobody mentioned planet of the apes. The haunting was pretty cool. Fallen is a kick-ass movie. Lets see what else uh Resurection(sp),Howard The Duck , Geiver(sp)and various other movies my fried little brain couldn't think of. oh yeah and The Martian Chronicles

[This message has been edited by HUMAN_GOURD (edited 02-18-2001).]
 #16 
Old 2001-02-18, 19:33
dr wu dr wu is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Movies

Heh lostmind...have you lost your mind..???
Event Horizon ..one of the greatest of all time..? It was a good flick but please.. what's with the hyperbole?
I still go for the first two Alien films as being two of the best in sci-fi/horror.
I also enjoyed the Hellraiser series.
Lord Of Illusions(Scott Bakula) is a good one with mystery thrown in as is In The Mouth Of Madness(Sam Neill).
 #17 
Old 2001-02-19, 01:42
Templeton Templeton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Movies

It's a few years old but the movie, The Cube is worth seeing.
 #18 
Old 2001-02-19, 06:43
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Movies

in the mouth of madness kicked ass.

and wu, i gotta say event horizon is one the greatest movies i've ever seen.

i love it.

maybe i have lost my mind.
 #19 
Old 2001-02-19, 08:02
PureEvil PureEvil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Movies

Hence the name lostmind....anyway. Whats the cube about
 #20 
Old 2001-02-19, 08:05
teddybear2000 teddybear2000 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Movies

I ordered Communion (VHS) from http://Amazon.com the other day and it's fun. To find this film you have to find the book first enter into books search Whitley Strieber Communion, then u have to click-people who bought this book also bought, then scroll down to the VHS DVD section to the film Communion. It's about ufo's alien encounters.. rated R. It's only $13.99 but they won't sell to under age 18. And it gets to ur house just like a day or 2 mabey 3 later.
 #21 
Old 2001-02-19, 23:20
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Movies

christopher walken pleading not to be gang probed, yeah thats great cinema.
 #22 
Old 2001-02-23, 15:56
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Movies

Alien; a medioker movie series based on a medioker book series. I liked them anyways.
Damn, I just thought of a good one, but I forgot it.
 #23 
Old 2001-02-24, 22:19
slpwlkr333 slpwlkr333 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Movies

virus w/ joanna pacula, donald sutherland, jamie lee curtis

species 2

i dunno i see a lot of cool movies but i dont know what they're called
 #24 
Old 2001-02-25, 00:41
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Movies

Species! That's what I was thinking of.
 #25 
Old 2001-02-25, 00:43
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Movies

now from the people that brought you species;
Genus
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics