About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Radio Free Amerika
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Radio Free Amerika The ins and outs of the radio frequency spectrum, including scanners, trackers, building your own transmitters, mixers, and antennas, station formats, frequencies, favorite pirate radio stations, the FCC, radio stories, working at radio stations, and more.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-20, 16:32
Liggidy_Luke Liggidy_Luke is offline
Regular
 
Default Amature Radio CQ mags for sale

Does anyone want to buy some Amature Radio Mags. I have alot of used Mags and I want to get rid of them. I will work out a deal for the whole lot, or sell them seperate. I am willing to make a deal. May even trade for information. E-mail me if your interested...

 #2 
Old 2002-12-21, 01:14
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: Amature Radio CQ mags for sale

how many you selling in total .. ? and how much for the lot in what currancy
 #3 
Old 2002-12-21, 04:40
bangbangbooty bangbangbooty is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Amature Radio CQ mags for sale

Ahh warweed you should of ticked the information box, not the money one

What kind of information do you want? If we can all help you out with the info i vote warweed gets the mags. I got the lot back till 1984 for the Aust publications...

Except 1.
Damn mate "can i borrow ur mag with the tri-band beam instructions?"
bangbang "yes certainly go ahead"
mate "duh umm i cant find your mag"

AHHHHH FUCK!!!

Had to get that one off my chest 1991 issue and cant get anywhere for love nor money!
 #4 
Old 2002-12-22, 00:38
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: Amature Radio CQ mags for sale

when i comes to radio i am just just learning but i really wish to learn more .. i have found there is a shop in my town that sells HAM equipment so i think i might start my own ham shack .. but i dunno .. i wanna learn way more about it first
 #5 
Old 2002-12-22, 01:18
TrineonX TrineonX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Amature Radio CQ mags for sale

Warweed,
whatever you do don't get a 2 meter or 70 cm radio, go hf all the way
 #6 
Old 2002-12-22, 02:32
bangbangbooty bangbangbooty is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Amature Radio CQ mags for sale

Yes definately HF is the way to go. You get far more coverage and contacts all over the world is an everyday occurence.
When you find a radio you like, before you buy it look up available modifications for the rig. Most radios have a large recieve range but limited transmit range. Well most rigs can be modded to transmit across their whole recieve range.
With the radios i have i can transmit across nearly the whole range from 500khz to 900Mhz, including police etc.
Yes damn fun hobby, get hold of those radio mags n read from cover to cover!
Practice morse code and go for your novice and work up to your full call ticket.
If you get stuck just ask.

Cheers and Happy DXing
 #7 
Old 2002-12-23, 15:29
Liggidy_Luke Liggidy_Luke is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Amature Radio CQ mags for sale

I'll try and see if I have the 1991 issue for you bangbang. If you want to give me some advice on how I can pick up local ham freq's from around the world. Not just my area. I am
really curious when it comes to listening to what diffrent ham shacks are brodcasting. Even if it is just weather and trafic reports for the area. Sometimes the local "underground" radio stations are the best to listen to. Thanks..
 #8 
Old 2002-12-24, 00:54
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: Amature Radio CQ mags for sale

so what is your asking price and what currancy ? just curious at the moment
 #9 
Old 2002-12-24, 07:26
bangbangbooty bangbangbooty is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Amature Radio CQ mags for sale

And some frequencies you can dial up and have a listen on are here... www.ac6v.com/frequencies.htm

The ones listed as Amatuer 160 Meters. Amatuer 80 Meters etc are the "ham" radio bands, the two frequencies given for a ham band are the upper and lower limits for the particular ham band. Search in between these frequencies to hear ham radio conversations. I chose this link because it is the FCC band plan and it gives you a good idea of where things are situated in the radio spectrum.

Cheers and Happy Listening!

Edit: The original URL didnt like being linked from here so try this one instead.

[This message has been edited by bangbangbooty (edited 12-24-2002).]
 #10 
Old 2002-12-24, 16:45
Liggidy_Luke Liggidy_Luke is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Amature Radio CQ mags for sale

I think I'll ask for about a dollar an issue. I don't really know the price there going for. E-mail me and we'll talk about what issues I have and what not.. PeACE
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics