About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Radio Free Amerika
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Radio Free Amerika The ins and outs of the radio frequency spectrum, including scanners, trackers, building your own transmitters, mixers, and antennas, station formats, frequencies, favorite pirate radio stations, the FCC, radio stories, working at radio stations, and more.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-30, 02:43
JakeTakeoko JakeTakeoko is offline
Regular
 
Default RAdio jammer

Is there a way to make a cheap jammer with a toy walkie talkie. I could boost the power and stuff easily.
 #2 
Old 2002-11-30, 15:38
diabolik diabolik is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: RAdio jammer

here:
Sell the walkie talkie for 2$.
with the 2$, buy a file (like, a steel file) from a hardware store, and buy a couple feet of copper wire.
get a battery. The bigger, the further the interference will range.
cut the wire in two. make one peice go from one lead of the battery to the end of the file (presuming the file you bought conducts electricity). Wrap and tape/solder this wire to both the battery and file. Connect the other peice of wire to the other battery lead. Put on gloves (the higher the battery power, the thicker the gloves. I'd say "be smart" but you've already asked to make a radio jammer with a walkie talkie so I'll throw that out.) Strip the end of the wire that is not connected to the file. Run this bare wire back and forth across the file, and presto your jamming radio frequencies.
 #3 
Old 2002-11-30, 16:40
JakeTakeoko JakeTakeoko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: RAdio jammer

I don't know much about radios, so excuse that. I m guessing the longer the file is the more frequencys I can jam. Right?
 #4 
Old 2002-11-30, 16:42
JakeTakeoko JakeTakeoko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: RAdio jammer

If I used a car radio and a 3 foot long file and a motor to move the wire along the file, would that jam police radios and stuff??
 #5 
Old 2002-12-01, 02:47
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: RAdio jammer

Hook a ham up in your car, put on a huge amp, and when you're driving next to a police car key it up. Ideally, you could cause a massive fire to erupt from one of their giant radios. Assuming that they aren't grounded well.
 #6 
Old 2002-12-01, 23:04
SomeEverydayNobody SomeEverydayNobody is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: RAdio jammer

I wouldnt try to jam police frequencies. For one, your range of disruption will be low. ie: you may only disrupt the signal around a 100 foot radiu. As well fucking with the air waves is a serious offense. By jamming police radios you put lives in danger. How would you like a neglagent hommicide conviction tacked on to your couple year sentence for jamming police frequencies?
 #7 
Old 2002-12-04, 02:16
diabolik diabolik is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: RAdio jammer

I wasn't that serious about my plans for a jammer.. I was expecting someone to realize that.

you'd create a large amount of spark as well. You would essentially be creating a large amount of electromagnectic interference which would actually affect pretty much all radio frequencies. and probably catch things on fire.. A longer file wouldn't change the frequency, the speed of your motor would.

just don't do it.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics