About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Radio Free Amerika
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Radio Free Amerika The ins and outs of the radio frequency spectrum, including scanners, trackers, building your own transmitters, mixers, and antennas, station formats, frequencies, favorite pirate radio stations, the FCC, radio stories, working at radio stations, and more.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-22, 14:29
ThoughtRiot ThoughtRiot is offline
Regular
 
Default Talk-A-Bout 2-way Radios

I've been trying to find the band and frequencies of these things, does anybody know of them? I HAVE searched google.

Thanks.
 #2 
Old 2002-09-23, 02:41
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Talk-A-Bout 2-way Radios

But have you searched their website?

Do you have access to one of these radios? You could always try the ol guess and check method.

There's also a piece of equipment that can scan what frequency a transmitter is using, but those aren't cheap.

 #3 
Old 2002-09-23, 18:58
cap'ncrunchd cap'ncrunchd is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Talk-A-Bout 2-way Radios

are'nt they on the frs band?you might try that.. try eddie's frequency page in a search eng.
 #4 
Old 2002-09-23, 23:20
ThoughtRiot ThoughtRiot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Talk-A-Bout 2-way Radios

Yea, its in FRS, and I found the frequencies somewhere (actualy my freind did). Yes i have a set around, but I am new to this whole sorta thing, hence my next question.

I am new to this whole sorta thing (electronics/radio) and have been searching google, and other engines for a good electronics tutorial (like basic componets and circuits), but haven't been able to find anything. If anyone knows of a good link, or what not, id apreciate it. thanks, and thanks for helping me on my last question.

Take Care
~Johnny
 #5 
Old 2002-09-24, 02:28
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Talk-A-Bout 2-way Radios

Well, since you have the money for electronics, you probably have money for books. They're are some very good books on beginners electronics at RadioHack. Or, check some shit out at the public library. Are you in high school? When I was in high school, I learned a lot about circuitry and electronics in my physics class. If you need any help let me know, I'm a fone phreak to tell you the truth, who usually have a decent grasp of electronics...
 #6 
Old 2002-09-24, 18:24
ThoughtRiot ThoughtRiot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Talk-A-Bout 2-way Radios

Well I appreciate the help. I am in high school. Where did you get the idea i had money? I don't. I could get books at the library, i just htought of that the ohter day but, id rather find a online tutorial that i could save to my HDD for reference.
 #7 
Old 2002-09-25, 02:33
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Talk-A-Bout 2-way Radios

I don't know of anywhere online that's any good to tell you the honest truth. However, you really should look into books, and possible classes instead. In addition to it's regular curriculum, my high school had something at a technical school that a few students were shipped to so that they could learn how to solder and whatnot.

I say books for one reason. Any whackjob with frontpage can write a website, but it takes someone well versed and fluent in electronics to get something by a publisher.
 #8 
Old 2002-09-25, 18:17
ThoughtRiot ThoughtRiot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Talk-A-Bout 2-way Radios

Well..yea i guess. thanks.

Take Care
~Johnny
 #9 
Old 2002-09-27, 18:29
cap'ncrunchd cap'ncrunchd is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Talk-A-Bout 2-way Radios

try the 'net it's full of shit on all kinds of subjects..good luck
 #10 
Old 2002-10-05, 09:15
the_unabomber the_unabomber is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Talk-A-Bout 2-way Radios

gimme the make and model of the 2 ways youre using and ill find out for you, my m8 works in these things and has a frequency tracker (spy catcher if your interested, these things pic up the strongest freq. in the surrounding area) so gimme a bell but im betting around 144mhz.

theunabomber
unabomber2001@hotmail.com
 #11 
Old 2002-10-08, 19:15
jmikottis jmikottis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Talk-A-Bout 2-way Radios

1 462.5625
2 462.5857
3 462.6125
4 462.6375
5 462.6625
6 462.6875
7 462.7125
8 467.5625
9 467.5857
10 467.6125
11 467.6375
12 467.6625
13 467.6875
14 467.7125 http://www.rollanet.org/~scanning/Personal%20Radio%20Services/personal.htm

quote:
Originally posted by ThoughtRiot:
I've been trying to find the band and frequencies of these things, does anybody know of them? I HAVE searched google.

Thanks.



 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics