About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Arts > Eat your words
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Eat your words This forum, formerly known as Vogon poetry, has now been expanded to include all forums of literary creative expression. Please post ONLY your own work and try not to flame other users. Bad vogonesque poetry, is of course, still welcome here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-29, 03:16
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default An epiphany upon waking

I apologize for the rhyme, but this was a work of pure inspiration. It simply sprang into my mind, and such things are not bound by rules.

Morning wood
Feels so good.
Tents the sheet,
Ready to beat.

And that's that.
 #2 
Old 2002-09-29, 15:03
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: An epiphany upon waking

This one is a bit better. Or worse, depending on your perspective.
--------------------------------------------

I dream,
And I am happy.
But the alarm clock
Fails to notice.

The day starts.

The texture of the ceiling drips toward me
Like a hell-bound ice cream cone,
And my eyes are a bit miffed at the disturbance.
They protest as my eyelids flutter,
Pushing the petulant orbs naked into the world.

My ears.
It's their damn fault I woke up.
They cheated, and stayed awake all night.
Maybe they had a poker game going.

The comforter caresses my skin,
But it truly couldn't care less.
It registers the pressure with indifference,
And confirms that all appendages are intact
And marginally functional.
I think it plans to kill me,
But I haven't a notion as to how.

The other two senses call in sick,
And refuse to come in before noon.
I suspect they're hung over.

The marathon begins.

Thoughts pass through my head.
Some run,
Some walk,
Some rollerblade,
But none stop to explain.

And I clothesline one of them,
Riding a scooter,
And he assures me it won't happen again.
And shuffles away.

So I peruse the bulletin board in my brain,
Looking for my to-do list.
And I have to ask one of the thoughts,
"What the hell happened?"
Because some joker wrote everything in pig latin.
But the thought is a rather absurd one.
He just shrugs and skips away.
And I think he stole my wallet.

The main engine comes up to speed,
Primary systems go online.
I turn to an important looking neuron
And ask him to prep my feet for landfall,
But he prevaricates in his answers,
And I am annoyed at his tergiversation.
I bitchslap the smartass cell feeding me such large words.
And I ask the guy from the temp agency to start things up,
Because he doesn't hate me.

Then I
(That is, me.)
Take my seat at the helm.
I glance at my subconscious mind,
Sitting next to me,
Playing backgammon,
Packing a bowl,
Wearing only one sock.
And I signal readiness,
And I engage the bum circuits,
And all is done.
And I wait for the day to end.
While I read the comics.
 #3 
Old 2002-09-29, 20:27
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: An epiphany upon waking

Well I won't lie, I've seen worse stuff actualy published.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics