About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Arts > Eat your words
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Eat your words This forum, formerly known as Vogon poetry, has now been expanded to include all forums of literary creative expression. Please post ONLY your own work and try not to flame other users. Bad vogonesque poetry, is of course, still welcome here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-28, 14:58
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Disrhythmic Anthems

I did say I would make a submission, though I hadn't figured to take this long. But I have a good reason:

Someone who's been part of the core group of us what's been friends since high school tried to circumvent some of Newton's Laws of Motion; and died as a result.

So, you'll forgive my tardiness - or you won't.
------------------------------------------- This is just a simple example that I did in very little time: I just let the words pick themselves.

So, here is isrhythmic Anthems

Disrhythmic anthems sung slightly off kilter
precludes the Banshee. from anointed rounds.
Patiently she waits...
Impatiently she waits...
Patiently�
Impatiently�

And so it goes thusly: the banshee is of two minds
Destiny requires her decision be made
Even no action is a decision of sorts
But what cares the banshee of destiny?
The banshee IS Destiny! It's truth revealed!
That's with a capitol �T�
Rejoice! Rejoice! Rejoice! Despair!
You're at life's lowest; you~ personal nadir
Anthems sung slightly; the words off kilter
Zeig Heil! Zeig Heil! Zeig Heil Hilter
[I'll bet Jew thought I was going to say �Hitler�]
Run away!
Run away!
Run away!
Run away!
Run away!
Run away!

Burma Shave.

 #2 
Old 2002-10-08, 02:14
MaTrIXSpiirit MaTrIXSpiirit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Disrhythmic Anthems

Smart, intelligent, ...I don't get it?

-=MaTrIXSpirit=-
 #3 
Old 2002-10-12, 11:33
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Disrhythmic Anthems

There is nothing to get; as I said, it was an excercise where I let the words pick themselves. I was going for the overall way it sounds - without the words having any meaning.

Like you might hear a foreign song and like the way it sounds desppite not knowing what the heck it says.

Sometimes I use the vocals [or writen word] as an instrument of it's own, to blend in with the others to make the whole.

This time it was merely free form, off the top of my head stuff: I kinda just blanked my mind [no jokes, please folks ;-) ] and let 'what felt right' float to the top and that's what I wrote.

I have done other stuff that took more effort.

THere was one I did a while back that I sat listening to for hours, 'feeling' different words and combinations of words to get something that just came together 'comfortably well'.

Though it wouldn't neccesarrily seem so to hear it, if you do listen to it you'll find that it does seem to work and flow and seem to be 'just the right words' [or not ].

I'll put it up on my MP3.com page.

Of course, I expect I'll get many many ore people deriding it. That's cool; I don't write for anybody but myself [and my daughter, now a days]. And if they do like it, well, natch, that's cool too.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics