About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Arts > Eat your words
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Eat your words This forum, formerly known as Vogon poetry, has now been expanded to include all forums of literary creative expression. Please post ONLY your own work and try not to flame other users. Bad vogonesque poetry, is of course, still welcome here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-28, 14:31
Moderator
 
Through the looking glass
Default These things need titles?

You ask for my name
but it is anything you want it to be
I do not have one
At least not one that is worth knowing
And what if I did tell you
Would you know the difference
between a lie and a truth
It is just something
for you to call me
There is no power in names
Could I even tell you the truth
How would I know
What is real or false
Have I been lying to myself
Speaking in the third person
Maybe what I say now is right
Maybe the paper lies

The wind blows around
Twists the letters away
What once was there
Now has changed
I used to know what it said
But the dust has resurfaced
And my mind is lost
The winds of time claim
Even those who are not here
For the rest of you to see
Because here
In this world of two digits
It is not who I am
But who I am to you
That matters
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics