About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Arts > Eat your words
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Eat your words This forum, formerly known as Vogon poetry, has now been expanded to include all forums of literary creative expression. Please post ONLY your own work and try not to flame other users. Bad vogonesque poetry, is of course, still welcome here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-25, 10:50
rev_DXM rev_DXM is offline
Regular
 
Default And More about Nam vets and Crazy PTSD

There was this vet' who came to my work.
His name was Henry.

And we called him

Vietnam Henry.

I was working graveyard at a burger joint;
I could make you a tasty, mean cheeseburger.
And when flrting with the ugly cashiers
got boring,

I would go out and talk to Vietnam Henry.

Henry was an odd fellow,
all wide-eyed and jittery.
He would tell me about his black girlfriend.
True she dwarfed him by two-hundred pounds,

But she was a good piece of ass, he told me.

He was a cracked out guy
always good for a laugh.
A dirty, greasy, long-haired, bearded,
white boy: One crazy ass vet.

But he always paid for his coffee.

He told me of his love for cocaine,
I went behind the counter into the kitchen.
I put some white gravy mix into a baggie,
and brought it out back to him.

He snorted a line and,

It took him higher than a kite.
And he ran out the door screaming,
and making a ruckus in the parking lot.
Now I couldn't have him scaring away my

customers. So I made use of some M-80's

I had left over from July 4.
I lit them and threw them out at him.
He ran about 500 feet and collasped on
the pavement.

Talk about flashbacks.

And later I noticed
that someone called the police.
Because I looked out the drive-thru and saw
paramedics taking away Vietnam Henry.

And I'm happy to say Henry survived,
but there's little much else to do

Working graveyard at a burger joint.
 #2 
Old 2002-09-25, 17:38
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: And More about Nam vets and Crazy PTSD

Nice...I like that.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics