About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Arts > Eat your words
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Eat your words This forum, formerly known as Vogon poetry, has now been expanded to include all forums of literary creative expression. Please post ONLY your own work and try not to flame other users. Bad vogonesque poetry, is of course, still welcome here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-03-14, 21:39
Gravehead Gravehead is offline
Regular
 
Default Original poem, want opinions

I wrote this all of a sudden, it's not exactly Vogon (some of you might think so), but I wanted to get some opinions on it.


Last night, I dreamt I was a god,
Holding creation in my palm.
The night before, I dreamt I was a devil,
The bane and scourge of all that is love.

Last night, I dreamt I was the sun,
Giving life to all the Earth.
The night before, I dreamt I was the moon,
Mysterious and cold, rider of the night,

Last night, I dreamt I was your lover,
The one who brings you comfort.
The night before, I dreamt I was your killer,
Bringing pain and loss of feeling.

Last night, I dreamt I was the brush,
Creating without limits.
The night before, I dreamt I was the blade,
Destroying without conscience.

This night, I'll dream I am myself,
The lover and the fighter.
Tomorrow night, I'll dream of nothingness,
For nothing lasts forever.
 #2 
Old 2001-03-15, 03:00
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Original poem, want opinions

Frozen peas taste better than canned peas.
 #3 
Old 2001-03-15, 03:54
Gravehead Gravehead is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Original poem, want opinions

Yes, oh yes, they're even better frozen!!

-Orson Welles
 #4 
Old 2001-03-15, 10:15
winki winki is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Original poem, want opinions

Gravehead, that "all of a sudden stuff" is cool, kinda like you're writing it for someone else.

Happened to me a couple of times.

I like yours especially how the end piece twirls~

------------------
=/\__/\=
>'0"0'<
>>>Y<<<
 #5 
Old 2001-03-17, 01:13
Mr.Stealth Mr.Stealth is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Original poem, want opinions

all of a sudden stuff is good

but i just dont like that kind of poetry...

sorry.

oh and i am afraid that canned peas taste better then fresh or frozen. even if they where fresh when they where frozen, not sure about frozen canned peas though, never tried those.

"People dont chew their peas, they swallow them whole to avoid the peay goodness....or at least, they should."

- Mahwahcoo

Mach ten guys!

 #6 
Old 2001-03-22, 08:15
NGNeer NGNeer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Original poem, want opinions

The poem was actually pretty good, though not very Vogonish. As for the peas debate, I can't offer an opinion. That's one veggie I don't eat.
 #7 
Old 2001-03-25, 12:14
ksandre ksandre is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Original poem, want opinions

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Stealth:
[B]all of a sudden stuff is good

oh and i am afraid that canned peas taste better then fresh or frozen.


peas in a pod case
sweetest taste of early sun
frozen not a one


=k=
 #8 
Old 2001-03-25, 18:07
Matius Matius is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Original poem, want opinions

Poetry has to rhyme. And Benjamin Franklin invented electricity dammit!!!!!
 #9 
Old 2001-03-30, 14:29
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Original poem, want opinions

Nice. Fuck that, it was very good and thought provoking.

------------------
Remember the golden rule:
Those with the gold make the rules.
 #10 
Old 2001-04-01, 01:26
WatChHoWiBurN WatChHoWiBurN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Original poem, want opinions

canned peas....*drools*
 #11 
Old 2001-04-10, 06:41
DaedalustheGreat DaedalustheGreat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Original poem, want opinions

what the hell is with the peas? Nice but a little odd poem.
 #12 
Old 2001-05-05, 16:37
MeltingWizard MeltingWizard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Original poem, want opinions

I'll tell you what's up with the peas...frozen geen peas are the best! Every can is filled with frozen goodness and green peaness.

GREEN PENIS?

Working always for the cause of whirled peas.

Peas out!
 #13 
Old 2001-05-06, 02:25
m1066ad m1066ad is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Original poem, want opinions

Benjamin Franklin invented electricity?? Ahh, the 'murican educational system would bring tears to my eyes, if i gave a damn.
 #14 
Old 2001-05-06, 21:05
winki winki is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Original poem, want opinions

Breakdown? What Breakdown?

As the tears stream down my face
I wonder what they mean
Are they emotions out of place
Or liquid shattered dreams

Turns out they were emotions outta place dreams die hard, especially inside a hard head!

Plan B = 2x4
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics