Ode to the Fallen Trolley
Oh, Trolley, Trolley, forgive us please
Now you lie fallen, neglected and sad
No more shall you cart goods
To
And
fro
No more
No more
ALAS!
No more.
Stolen from you habitat
Separated from your trolley siblings
No more shall you run and jump and squeal and play
No more abandon gay
Abducted
In the night in the dark
From the Tesco�s car-park
For what reason, who knows why
Oh, my sweet friend
Taken so roughly from behind
And pushed, pushed up the hill by the yellow lights
All for the purpose, the useless trick
Of making some delinquent student
So very, very motion sick
In they get�d
Feeling not for your wheels, observing not
Your orange warning
Signs
But you
Would show
Them
A push start from baying, bucking friends down
Down the hill, down down down,
Ever
down
Faster and faster, you, Trolley, would roll
Ever faster, all of your being
Aimed at the distant curb
Through steel wire eyes you view, but the student
Oblivious. To all but the windrush oblivious. Oh so very oblivious, so intensely naive
Noticing at the last minute his impending doom he tries to escape
But you have him
In your aluminium womb
He shall not escape
Oh no.
Escape he shall not
Oh, he screams. No
Because with a crash
And a smash
And a shiny silver flash
He flies
For ever, it seems
He glides
So here I lie
On my neglected metal side
Watching the passage of time and air tide
Awaiting the uniform�ed rescue men
But I do not want to leave. Not just yet
I have my treasure here
Buried under my wheels
In the dirt of the Earth
In the oil of the soil
There lie two lumps
Of bright
Which are mine
I have earnt them
They are my wage
My wage of pain
Because they are his
Front teeth
I have had my revenge
Again
Again
And again I will ride!
For anyone not from UK who doesn`t know...trolley = shopping cart Tescos = supermarket
