About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Arts > Eat your words
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Eat your words This forum, formerly known as Vogon poetry, has now been expanded to include all forums of literary creative expression. Please post ONLY your own work and try not to flame other users. Bad vogonesque poetry, is of course, still welcome here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2000-08-08, 03:33
Regular
 
Default Overly serious poetry.

A Purgatorial Chorus


I am held in limbo.
I lay between life and death.
I listen as the purgatorial chorus sounds it dismissing carol.
The ultimate paradox:
Between salvation and damnation.
Grazing Armageddon's girth,
I am suspended above destruction.
My joints pop with numbing cold
as I lay bearing the cross
of my cryogenic nightmare.
The chorus sounds its last chant
which echoes on the fringes of annihilation.
It is all I can hear.
It echoes yet through my being.
And I am a memory.
I break through the clouds
with ever increasing force,
and I gasp as the air grows thin.
I wake to meet a new day
in a cold room;
in my linoleum floored prison.
 #2 
Old 2000-08-08, 15:09
sckbch sckbch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Overly serious poetry.

Sure, one more word and I will moderate your ass beyond recognition....
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics