About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Games People Play
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Games People Play Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2003-01-05, 05:11
Billowz Billowz is offline
Regular
 
Default Any good PC games come out recently?

Well...
 #2 
Old 2003-01-05, 05:54
ChibiMiko ChibiMiko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Any good PC games come out recently?

Guess...

Xeno close this, its just gona turn into a flame war.
 #3 
Old 2003-01-05, 16:27
quandary quandary is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Any good PC games come out recently?

Battlefield 1942
 #4 
Old 2003-01-05, 16:34
DeusExMachina DeusExMachina is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Any good PC games come out recently?

Ut2003. Some REALLY good old games are deus ex and anachronox
 #5 
Old 2003-01-05, 17:28
Regular
 
Monkey Island
Default Re: Any good PC games come out recently?

GTA 3, beats the console version in every way.
Unreal 2 should be out soon.
 #6 
Old 2003-01-05, 21:46
ChibiMiko ChibiMiko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Any good PC games come out recently?

*Throws napalm on a fire*

nOoOoO j00 gTa3zZz for PS2 oWnZzZ j00!!!!111111111111@@222

Well, and to your awnser UT2003 is the only recent good game that came out because its the only recent game that worth playing, the past 2 months have been REALLY slow gaming wise.
 #7 
Old 2003-01-05, 23:10
Billowz Billowz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Any good PC games come out recently?

I know all of the old games and have played them to death. I loved Deux Ex.

UT2003 is boring for me I have played it for a while and just for some reason didn't enjoy it.

Yea I figured there wasn't much out right now but I'm not really in touch with the 'gaming' scene too much anymore so pleaze don't flame me .

Ah, the good old days when a fantastic PC game came out every month.
 #8 
Old 2003-01-05, 23:15
Moderator
 
Through the looking glass
Default Re: Any good PC games come out recently?

The Operation Flashpoint add-on, Hitman 2, No One Lives Forever 2.
 #9 
Old 2003-01-06, 13:45
Malignant Malignant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Any good PC games come out recently?

Check out Vietcong. It isn't out yet, but the demo is. Fun game.
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/vietcong/#filelist

screenshots- http://www.3dgamers.com/screenshots/games/vietcong/

--Malignant

[This message has been edited by Malignant (edited 01-06-2003).]
 #10 
Old 2003-01-06, 17:34
ChibiMiko ChibiMiko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Any good PC games come out recently?

quote:
Originally posted by xenosss:
The Operation Flashpoint add-on, Hitman 2, No One Lives Forever 2.


ahhh, yes I forgot Hitman 2, I never played NOFL2 I meaned to and Operation Flashpoint was made over a year ago, think its going on two.
 #11 
Old 2003-01-06, 19:35
Dougy Dougy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Any good PC games come out recently?

quote:
Originally posted by ChibiMiko:
Guess...

Xeno close this, its just gona turn into a flame war.



shut up
 #12 
Old 2003-01-06, 21:07
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Any good PC games come out recently?

chibi, you need to shut the fuck up.

as far as I know, the new Unreal game, but really most of the really good stuff is coming out for console. right now they're just putting out sequals for PC.

and no, this is not a flame. it's the truth as far as I know of it.
 #13 
Old 2003-01-06, 23:27
Regular
 
Monkey Island
Default Re: Any good PC games come out recently?

I only mentioned unreal 2 because some people like that game. I really didn't like the original Unreal. As far as shooting games go it lost its momentum for me and some of the landscapes were way too wide. I don't know much about unreal 2 but I may get it anyway. Hopefully it will be better.
 #14 
Old 2003-01-07, 14:26
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Any good PC games come out recently?

quote:
Originally posted by Township Rebellion:
chibi, you need to shut the fuck up.

as far as I know, the new Unreal game, but really most of the really good stuff is coming out for console. right now they're just putting out sequals for PC.

and no, this is not a flame. it's the truth as far as I know of it.




  • Necron
  • Post Mortem (MUST HAVE)
  • Age Of Mythology
  • Arx Fatalis
  • Project Nomads
  • New World Order
  • Splinter Cell
  • Need For Speed HP2
  • Hitman 2
  • Unreal Tournament 2003
  • The Thing
  • No One Lives Forever 2
  • Mafia
  • Divine Divinity
  • Neverwinter Nights
  • Syberia (kickass)
  • Morrowind
  • ...


Anyway, read (pc) games magazines. They'll keep you well informed on what's hot and what's not. The good ones even come with 2cds/dvd full of demos, patches, drivers, trailers (PC Zone [Benelux]).

 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics