About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Games People Play
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Games People Play Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2003-01-02, 02:29
JakeTakeoko JakeTakeoko is offline
Regular
 
Default EArthbound 2

I remember my brother telling me something about an earthbound 2 being made, but then it was scrapped. CAn anyone shed some light on WHY those motherfuckers would scrap it????? Bankrupcy I could see, but Earthbound 2 would make quite some money right now. In a few years, when my programming is shaping up, it might be a good investment to start up the whole earthbound gig again.
 #2 
Old 2003-01-02, 04:03
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: EArthbound 2

If you're referring to Mother 3 (Earthbound 64), then yes, one was partially developed and then cancelled. For one thing, the project was scrapped and restarted several times due to design arguments. Then the poor sales of the N64 made it look unprofitable to release such a damn quirky game. Shigesato Itoi (Mr. Earthbound himself) has said that he'd like to revive the project at some time. Money isn't really an issue, since it's an in-house Nintendo production.

I'd be happy just to get Mother 2 on the GBA.
 #3 
Old 2003-01-05, 23:07
Phlab Phlab is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: EArthbound 2

www.starmen.net


Memmmmorrrriees
 #4 
Old 2003-01-06, 02:07
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: EArthbound 2

Nah, you should have been there back in the day when it was still Earthbound.net...

Damn I loved that site. I nearly fucking cried when I came back from vacation and couldn't find it. They still have a couple of my articles in the archives, I think. I just haven't gotten the same feeling since the name change. Perhaps one day Tomato and reidman will triumph over that BuzzBuzz bastard...
 #5 
Old 2003-01-06, 11:14
Player1 Player1 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: EArthbound 2

EarthBound is one of the best games ever.
Those liberal fuckers at starmen.net must have banned me like 47 times though and I kept unbanning myself, it pissed them off so much.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics