About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Games People Play
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Games People Play Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-26, 17:02
Regular
 
City State Country
Default Favorite Game of All Time!?

Hey everyone, what's y'all guys favorite computer/console game of all time??

Mine would have to be either Starcraft, Toejam & Earl (Original)or Diablo 2

*If this has been posted before tell me and I'll delete it*
 #2 
Old 2002-12-26, 17:25
Decline of Society Decline of Society is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of All Time!?

Now this is a hard one. I've been addicted/obsessed with so many games. In terms of what did I enjoy most probably the Tony Hawks series and Gran Turismo 3. In a technical aspect Grand Theft Auto 3 was quite revolutionary having been wanted by so many people for so long.

I can't decide on one, there are too many I've enjoyed.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-26, 18:28
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of All Time!?

Grim Fandango no doubt (for me). That game was just a classic. Very originla, nice story, nice graphics, awsome music (you can download the music on my website). Even though this game has a linear storyline, I can play it over and over again without ever getting bored of it.

--------------------------------------------

(Note: all the characters are dead and are skeletons)

Manny: Busy day today, aye clow.
Clow: Yeah, yeah, my carpal tunnel syndrome is really acting up.
Manny: But,... you don't have any tendons.
Clow: Well you don't have a tongue, but that doesn't seem to shut you up now does it.
 #4 
Old 2002-12-26, 19:50
DeusExMachina DeusExMachina is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of All Time!?

sorry but I don't have a favourite. I have a few favourites.

DeusEx
Anachronox
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Xenogears
Zelda: A Link to the Past


I think there are a few more. Also, the games that I listed were not in order. I like them all the same, they are just different.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-26, 21:03
ChibiMiko ChibiMiko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of All Time!?

XENO SHUT IT DOWN!, if you really wana know our fav's go dig up a old thread like this...
 #6 
Old 2002-12-27, 07:20
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of All Time!?

the fav game threads never get old. stfu, chibi!


metal gear solid 2, for all out control and gameplay. nothing else touched me or impressed me the way this game did. I could jump out and fire off a few shots like a bad ass, the aiming was absolutely precise, doing that flipping move down stairs nearly made me wet my pants (and laugh when I tried doing it up), and the ability to stick the gaurds up absolutely ruled! shaking them down for dog tags, and then shooting them in both arms and watching them twitch was totally killer (literally, when I shot them in the head...)
runner ups include: dead or alive 2, grand theft auto: vice city, street fighter 2 champ. edition

another one is Bubble bobble on the nes, for all out 2 player fun. nothings better than competing for top score round after round. and the control is also quite satisfying, and all the cool glitches that give it so much character... wow.
runner-ups: Perfect dark, mario kart 64, Golden Axe 2, San Fransisco Rush 2049 (DC)

and last but not least shenmue on the dreamcast. for all out story and settings, that one gave me so many different emotions all at once. it was overwhelming at first. the feeling of being a true hero when taking down those thugs to retrieve the little boy's ball, and the time ryo mowed through wave after wave of bad guys to rescue nozomi from certain doom... all the way through to getting 3rd place at space harrier, and getting a complement after game over! IT JUST RULES!
Runner-ups: gran tourismo 3 A-spec, Metal Gear Solid 1, need for speed 3, legend of zelda: a link to the past, soul calibur, half life.

thank you, and I hope I stirred some emotions or memories in some other readers who feel the same way. note these games are based on, in order, by: Gameplay, multiplayer, Story/stirred emotions.
 #7 
Old 2002-12-27, 07:39
illusion illusion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of All Time!?

Final Fantasy 7.
 #8 
Old 2002-12-27, 23:10
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: Favorite Game of All Time!?

StarCraft.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-27, 23:42
SomeEverydayNobody SomeEverydayNobody is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of All Time!?

The easter egg [car game] in Excel.

Or pong.
 #10 
Old 2002-12-27, 23:54
Regular
 
Monkey Island
Default Re: Favorite Game of All Time!?

Monkey Island! Definatly.
 #11 
Old 2002-12-28, 01:25
da_skza da_skza is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of All Time!?

final fantasy 7
 #12 
Old 2002-12-28, 06:13
Regular
 
somewhere up there
Default Re: Favorite Game of All Time!?

Broodwars, back when my mates used to play it too.
 #13 
Old 2002-12-28, 07:58
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of All Time!?

quote:
Originally posted by ChibiMiko:
XENO SHUT IT DOWN!, if you really wana know our fav's go dig up a old thread like this...


I didn't start this thread you moron. And why close it? Yes it has been posted a lot before, and it probably will again. As you can see, most guys are new commers, so let them talk about it. Better to start a new thread then to go dig up one of them old ones.

[This message has been edited by XeNobiTe (edited 12-28-2002).]
 #14 
Old 2002-12-28, 11:39
nothingSafe nothingSafe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of All Time!?

Zelda: A Link to the Past(SNES)
or
Maniac Mansion(Commodore64)

I'm only 16, but i played Maniac Mansion on my mom's old commodore when i was really young. That game was the greatest, but when i was like 8, i had a clubhouse and we put a power outlet in it, and i took all my Commodore stuff(hundreds of games, the floppy reader, monitor, and computer) in the clubhouse and left it. When i came out to play it like a week later, i found that the roofing stuff had been ripped by a tree branch, and water ruined all my stuff. Damn, i loved that system.
 #15 
Old 2002-12-28, 19:10
grungymagician grungymagician is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of All Time!?

I'm gonna have to go with Starcraft. Its just that you cannot get old of the game. Zelda is so great, but it doesnt last like SC.
 #16 
Old 2002-12-28, 19:29
JakeTakeoko JakeTakeoko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of All Time!?

I never got what was so good about Starcraft... While I'm here I'll start with PC games.

PC game: Definetly Red Alert 2. How can hearing someone yell "Dah, Effirmative" All day not be fun? And it's quite addicting. Makes a hour long mission feel like 5 minutes. I give it a 8 out of 10

NES: Super Mario Bros 3. Never gets old. " Bloing! BLoing! Nyak Nyak Nyak!"

SNES: Earthbound.

SEGA Genesis: Sonic 2 by al means. SOnic Spinball is fun too.

PS One: Metal Gear Solid.

PS2: SOCOM: US Navy S.E.A.L.S

GAmecube: James Bond Nightfire solely for multiplayer with AI options. About time somebody did it.

Xbox: HAlo. Never gets old, always is fun.

The other game consoles I didn't mention I haven't played. Gameboy and Gameboy advance don't deserve to be on my list.
 #17 
Old 2002-12-28, 19:41
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of All Time!?

quote:
Originally posted by JakeTakeoko:
Gameboy and Gameboy advance don't deserve to be on my list.


WHAT?! PREPOSTEROUS!! Loads up Zelda: LA

*Goes fishing*
http://users.belgacom.net/xenobitooo/fishing.jpg

*YAAAAAAAAY*
 #18 
Old 2002-12-28, 20:36
Regular
 
Antipodes
Default Re: Favorite Game of All Time!?

Final Fantasy VIII
 #19 
Old 2002-12-28, 21:42
Regular
 
Monkey Island
Default Re: Favorite Game of All Time!?

Lucasarts adventure games rock! best of all adventures. always have nice secrets and hidden in-jokes.
 #20 
Old 2002-12-29, 19:01
A-F Army A-F Army is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of All Time!?

Final Fantasy 7, 9, and 10

Zelda: Link to the Past, Links Awakening, and Ocorina of Time

Metal Gear 2

Hitman 2

Grand Theft Auto series

Gonna have to say Socom ranks pretty high up there too.

[This message has been edited by A-F Army (edited 12-29-2002).]
 #21 
Old 2002-12-29, 21:19
Dougy Dougy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of All Time!?

quote:
Originally posted by ChibiMiko:
XENO SHUT IT DOWN!, if you really wana know our fav's go dig up a old thread like this...


shut up dick sucker, ppl like this thread, how is it bothering you?
 #22 
Old 2002-12-29, 21:39
DutchIsGod DutchIsGod is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of All Time!?

Bubble Bobble!

I loved those little lizard looking things
 #23 
Old 2002-12-29, 22:01
Malignant Malignant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of All Time!?

quote:
Originally posted by DutchIsGod:
Bubble Bobble!

I loved those little lizard looking things



They were dragons.

And my favorite games are as follows:

Grand Theft Auto 3/Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Battlefield 1942

Zelda series (any except the second one)

Final Fantasy Tactics

Final Fantasy 7

Tactics Ogre Battle Saga

Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance)

Tribes 2

..in any given order

--Malignant
 #24 
Old 2002-12-30, 00:06
wenerjar wenerjar is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of All Time!?

super mario brothers !!! i would play forever... but i guess cause i was 8 or something then
 #25 
Old 2002-12-30, 05:22
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of All Time!?

Anyone even heard of Zork? Those are my roots. I'm very proud of them.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics