|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Games People Play Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more! |
 |
|
#1
 2002-12-20, 05:01
|
Township Rebellion 
Regular
|
|
|
|
vice city: favorite moments
this does not count to people who have not actually played the game. for those of you who have played Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, what was your fave moment(s)? what do you think was the coolest part?
I'll begin...
to start with, the time I had the rocket launcher and baseball bat, and I held up traffic after I blew up some crappy old sedan over near where the love fist recording studio is. I had already put in the "pedestrians riot" cheat to make things fun, so once everybody was fighting, I proceeded to smash each and every car into nothingness with the bat. when the ambulance showed up, I blew it up before the medics could even climb out! then the funny part: when the fuzz showed up, some fat guy came up and started fighting the cop! AND WON! it was a great day for anarchy in grand ol' vice city.
I also remember the time I had the super bike (I think it's called the peg-500, or something) and went into the shopping mall over at the south end of town. I was driving around shooting up stores and running over rich bitches and fat people! then a fight seemingly broke out between the cops and the security gaurds (it made no sense, I know), and I helped it by running over the gaurds and shooting them down. I eventually launched my bike up an escalor (when a couple people were coming down on it, running them over), jumping off at the last minute, of course. then I blew the bike up, which caused a riot, and lots of screaming. it ruled!
another: launching all the cars from the same malls parking lot off the ramp, into the rioting crowds below. and I mean ALL the cars. the shit sure hit the fan that day, I tell you what... it was a disaster!
tell us your own great moments!
|
|
#2
 2002-12-20, 05:55
|
Kiafi 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: vice city: favorite moments
Is Vice City ever coming out on PC ala GTA3?
|
|
#3
 2002-12-20, 07:39
|
Township Rebellion 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: vice city: favorite moments
quote: Originally posted by Kiafi: Is Vice City ever coming out on PC ala GTA3?
probably, but that's not the question. If you've never played this game long enough to have a "favorite moment", then please don't speak. and really, I don't care.
|
|
#4
 2002-12-20, 08:00
|
XeNobiTe 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: vice city: favorite moments
Well I do. I don't want to stop you from talking about favorite moments in GTA:VC, but I would like to have some more info on the PC release and I don't feel the need to start a thread about it. Clearly, I cannot share my favorite moments yet  . If it's anything like GTA3, it will be released one year afther the PS2 version. Anyway, carry on... [This message has been edited by XeNobiTe (edited 12-20-2002).]
|
|
#5
 2002-12-20, 09:31
|
|
|
Re: vice city: favorite moments
This isnt for VC but GTA 3, I remember this time I was standing infront of a cheetah coming towards me pretty fast, so I fired a rocket at it and it flew over my head  it was hella awesome
|
|
#6
 2002-12-20, 15:43
|
ChibiMiko 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: vice city: favorite moments
I SAID THIS ABOUT 4 TIMES! PS2 has the exclusive rights to Vice City for about 4 years...
edit: I havnt played VC so ill talk about GTA3 then^^ There was this one chace in the 2nd island (forgot the name its the commercial one) and I had a viper (I forgot the fake name of it, whatever its the best acceralting car, think the cheetah is the fastests but its slow getting there) and I have 4 star wanted level and im driving around the streets like a mad man then I see a blockade so I turn on that 3 way street close to your hide out then cops are coming along a road that connected to the one im on so I turn in the direction of the subway stairs, go on the ramp and do a perfect full roll in the air, but of course I later drove into a wall, bailed from the car and died from the rain of gunfire...
[This message has been edited by ChibiMiko (edited 12-20-2002).]
|
|
#7
 2002-12-20, 18:51
|
Canyonero 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: vice city: favorite moments
I was having fun jumping off the North Point Mall parking garage when I decided to bail in midair, but instead of bailing my car froze in midair and I was standing on top of it. Try it it's fun and it has worked every time I've tried it but only with cars. From there you can shoot people with the sniper rifle or whatever, but it's pretty damn cool.
My favorite in game moment was when the dumbass weapon guy (Phil?) blew his arm off and I had to drive him to the doctor after drinking boomshine. It kind of reminded me of "Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy" from Yoshi's Island.
Also whacking that piece of shit Lance with the chainsaw was a memorable feel good experience.
|
|
#8
 2002-12-21, 00:15
|
|
|
Re: vice city: favorite moments
VC will be on PC in 6-12 months with or without rockstars help. Besides GTA3 on PC kicks playstation 2 ass. Love the better graphics and mp3 player  .
|
|
#9
 2002-12-21, 14:29
|
|
|
Re: vice city: favorite moments
I hope for the mp3 player we can shortcut it to our mp3 folders 
|
|
#10
 2002-12-21, 17:55
|
NAAGAL 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: vice city: favorite moments
on GTA:3 I would use the costume change cheat to become an army man and go around in a tank blowing the fuck out of everything. Then i would get out with my M16 and kill all!
I would use the costume change cheat to become a yakuza and go to staunton island by the construction site. you could aslo know there would be a fight there, both yakuza and those crazy dudes with the hats are always there, but im on the yakuza side, so id become a yakuza and kill all of the hat dudes.
Putting 10 cars together with one having a bomb. get in car and BOOM! suicide bombing. I would also just get a rocket launcher, get a lot of cops to come to me (their cars) and fire at the ground. always fun
In GTA:Vice City Bailing from a helicopter when your as high as possible. Always fun. One time I did this over a road, I fell out and was just below my helicopter, which was falling also. I hit the ground, but somehow survived but with low health. Then my helicopter landed on top of me and killed me.
Killing that fat biker gang
One time in the strip club I was over by the backrooms and sniped the fattest stripped i had ever seen. then some bikers came running towards me so I beat them with the baseball bat, Then I killed ebryone in the club, including my workers (i owned the buissness).
Riding bikes in the mall is always fun
One time i pretended i was the dc sniper... killing 1 person each hour with only one shot, head and body... and from a far distance. Since the killings were so far from each other and the peopel wernt special, I never got a wanted level.
Killing a girl with a g-string on and then zooming in on it with the sniper...
Watching random people start fights, expesscially fat people. One time i saw a guy with a girl and she walked away from him so he whipped out a 9mm and shot her.
Teargas the police station....
Dirving your car fast, then skimming something so it starts on fire and bail.... moving bomb.
Blowing up old peoples golf carts
doing the cheat to attract crowds... One time I did it and recieve over 20 women who woulf folllow me. So I would run away and they would chase me. I would run while looking backwards and sing the austin powers theme song... (remember the beginning of the first austin powers??)
I went off a ramp oncer with a dirtbike and turned and did a 720 and landed.
I did the dirtbike mission at the track and i had all those puerto ricans chasing me, so I went off a ramp abnd they all flew over me and I shot foward on my bike with my uzi and blew up one guys bikes in the air, and that started the rest of the bikes on fire.
Going slow off a ramp with a cop behind you and watching him fly over you into the river
Wow i had a lot
|
|
#11
 2002-12-21, 22:16
|
|
|
Re: vice city: favorite moments
quote: Originally posted by NAAGAL: One time i pretended i was the dc sniper... killing 1 person each hour with only one shot, head and body... and from a far distance. Since the killings were so far from each other and the peopel wernt special, I never got a wanted level.
Dude, your sick!
|
|
#12
 2002-12-22, 09:12
|
Mr_Dont_Give_A_F�ck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: vice city: favorite moments
quote: Originally posted by Township
I also remember the time I had the super bike (I think it's called the peg-500, or something)[/B]
Its a PCG 600, i think anyway, maybe i am mistaken
|
|
#13
 2002-12-22, 11:12
|
|
|
Re: vice city: favorite moments
quote: Originally posted by SpaceFalcon2001: Dude, your sick!
Yeah dude! you ARE SICK! Kewl!
|
|
#14
 2002-12-22, 14:38
|
NAAGAL 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: vice city: favorite moments
I'm not sick in any way..... let alone a kewl. I'm probaly not the only one who did this. I dont see why the sniper got such attention, he only attacked, what? 11 people? thats nothing. He had just as much publicity as WTC and Pentagon got. America is a sissy now. There have been attacks in the past where some guy might have blown up a bus and killed 50 people, and it would only make state news. Now, someone kills someone and the whole world knows.
|
|
#15
 2002-12-22, 16:39
|
Hired_Gun 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: vice city: favorite moments
hi is there ne chance to open all the doors in the strip club, you know when you go to the private section and you can have a one 2 one. is there anyway to open all those doors so far i have opened 3! 1. where you get the pole postion asset 2. the empty one 3. the one where the cow girls gives you a strip its like a movie scene. -------------------------------------------- whats the last mission, i have just done getting Phil to the hospital...and i dont have no missions to go to, have i compeleted all the missions??? -------------------------------------------- so far my fav moments is running over all the gangs, and then stopping to collect all that cash they drop. hehehe bling! bling! i have many fav parts but thats one of them!
|
|
#16
 2002-12-23, 20:58
|
Township Rebellion 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: vice city: favorite moments
I also enjoyed just stealing a bike and cruising all over, hitting jumps, and falling off and things, eventually blowing the piece of crap up... it ruled.
ooh, ooh, here's a good one. during the mission from the phone psycho, the one where you have to hunt down and kill various people all over town, I got to where the guy in the armoured truck is. I went around the block, and ran up the stairs to the platform above, making sure he didn't see me. I then pulled out trusty mr. rocket launcher... the first hit didn't kill him, but the truck was practically gone any ways, but he still ran off, hitting another car as he pulled out. seizing the opputunity, I put another rocket up his ass, thus ending the chase.
alternatively, same place, only the sniper rifle. I then was able to steal the armoured car! woohoo! it was slow as hell, though...
[This message has been edited by Township Rebellion (edited 12-24-2002).]
|
|
#17
 2002-12-26, 08:53
|
Parabola 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: vice city: favorite moments
Flying the Hunter always rules.
My first drive of a PCJ-600.
The time I done a 40 second stoppie. (yes it is possible)
Causing havoc and runnig away from cops with blown out tires.
Snipering people through their car windows.
Snipering people in weird areas aka groin,ass.
|
|
#18
 2002-12-26, 20:27
|
SomeEverydayNobody 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: vice city: favorite moments
Like many others I havent player VC, but I have GTA3. My favourite moment, would have to be when I was being chased by a bunch of cops [I wouldve just used the wanted levell cheat but didnt feel like it.] and I got away for a bit. I got outta my car, and waited on the street, with a rocket launcher, for cops and helicopters and such. Then a cop car came flying down the street, and it went off of a ramp of some sort, and I hit it in mid air. Looked really classy. Like soemthing Donald Trump woulda done.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|