About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Games People Play
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Games People Play Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-15, 03:04
Regular
 
Default GBA game suggestions?

Hey guys. My girl wanted to know what GBA game to get me for christmas. I told her i was into RPG's and stuff like that. I was thinking about a game called Tactics Ogre, Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, or mebbe something else.

So far I have Goldensun and Breath of Fire 2.
 #2 
Old 2002-12-15, 03:33
LordJugz LordJugz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GBA game suggestions?

I would really recommend checking out Metroid Fusion. It's so far gotten good reviews. But it's not an RPG.

How about Pokemon. Have they made that for GBA yet?
 #3 
Old 2002-12-15, 06:02
ChibiMiko ChibiMiko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GBA game suggestions?

ZOE: Fist of Mars is pretty good.
 #4 
Old 2002-12-15, 18:27
SomeEverydayNobody SomeEverydayNobody is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GBA game suggestions?

Pokemon kills. The only RPG I like. And no Im not 12!

And Im downloading Pokemon Saphire for GBA now, so Ill see if its not bullshit in a few minutes. And yes yes, I know downloading new games is shitty, but I've only got 3 for GBA including this one!
 #5 
Old 2002-12-16, 04:14
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: GBA game suggestions?

Golden Sun. Hands down the best pure RPG on the system.
 #6 
Old 2002-12-16, 11:38
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GBA game suggestions?

Yeah Golden Sun is good, and not too hard. I just got DBZ: The Legacy Of Goku. It's not bad, but on the onther hand, it sucks. I can't belive I gave �50 for that. Main problem is the fact that it's too short. You can finishe it in 3-4 hours. Besides those 2, I haven't played any other RPG games on the GBA. So if you want RPG, I'd say Golden Sun.
 #7 
Old 2002-12-16, 13:35
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GBA game suggestions?

He already has Golden Sun.

I say Tactics Ogre, it's really deep, and should take you crazy amounts of time to beat it.
 #8 
Old 2002-12-16, 13:37
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GBA game suggestions?

quote:
Originally posted by The_Famicommie:
He already has Golden Sun.


Oh yea , I just read the last post in this thread. Is my face red or what?
 #9 
Old 2002-12-16, 16:28
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GBA game suggestions?

My GBA collection:

Advance Wars
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
Golden Sun
Metroid Fusion
Super Dodgeball Advance
Tactics Ogre: Knights of Lotus

With the Gameboy games:

Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
Metroid 2
Final Fantasy Adventures 2
RC Pro AM


I think I have more, but getting off of my ass isn't my plan. I'll edit it later.

I am currently wanting/awaiting the release of:

Super Mario Advance
Super Mario Advance 2
Super Mario Advance 3
Sonic Advance
Phantasy Star Collection
Space Channel 5
Jet Grind Radio
Golden Sun: The Lost Age

And a few more.

All of the games I have, I love. Every last damn one of em.
 #10 
Old 2002-12-16, 17:35
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GBA game suggestions?

what? they're bringing jet grind radio out for GBA? sign me up!

I haven't had much time for GBA games as of late, unfortunately... too much GT3! especially after I got the suzuki escudo...
 #11 
Old 2002-12-17, 01:33
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GBA game suggestions?

Jet Grind Radio on the GBA
 #12 
Old 2002-12-17, 04:47
Regular
 
Default Re: GBA game suggestions?

Yeah, i saw some screenshots of Golden Sun II. THAT looked intense! Is Golden Sun II the same as Golden Sun: Lost Age?

Oh yeah, and Fami, what is oracle of seasons like? Isn't there another Zelda game with Oracle of . . . . There was blue and red. I think. I wanted to check those out. Are they any good?

Woah! check out Lufia: The Ruins of Lore!
http://www.gamers.com/game/223783/previews


Btw, don't waste money on Breath of Fire II. It's dumb.

[This message has been edited by Bar room hero (edited 12-17-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Bar room hero (edited 12-17-2002).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics