About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Games People Play
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Games People Play Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-15, 02:01
TreyDay TreyDay is offline
Regular
 
Default Half-Life Service Pack question

Anybody know where I can get a Half-Life serivce Pack 3 or above? I formatted my drives and need to reinstall everything. But when I try installing it says I need a Service Pack 3 or above.
 #2 
Old 2002-12-15, 06:03
ChibiMiko ChibiMiko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Half-Life Service Pack question

I dont think there is a service pack 3 for Half-Life, are you running a NT system? because I think you need some service packs for the OS to play most games...
 #3 
Old 2002-12-15, 16:16
TreyDay TreyDay is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Half-Life Service Pack question

I'm trying to reinstall everything I had on my WIN98 system to my WinXP system. I had Half-Life installed and it said I needed a Service Pack 3 or higher, so then I install Counter Strike and it no longer needed it. But now I don't have my cases any more, so I can't play them any way because I need a key. Anybody know who I can e-mail to get a new key?
 #4 
Old 2002-12-15, 16:25
ChibiMiko ChibiMiko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Half-Life Service Pack question

I really am lost, I just re-installed Half-Life on my computer about a month ago, I installed, I patched, I installed mods, done.

You may need a Half-life patch because Counter-Strike does need a updated Half-Life.

You can get the patch here
 #5 
Old 2002-12-15, 16:52
TreyDay TreyDay is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Half-Life Service Pack question

Mine is asking for my some number on my case again. But I don't know where my case is, I think my mom threw them away. I haven't seen them in along time. Do I just e-mail somebody and they'll send me a new key? I didn't register it, does that matter?
 #6 
Old 2002-12-15, 19:00
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: Half-Life Service Pack question

yeah dude you need some cd keys.
 #7 
Old 2002-12-15, 19:25
Regular
 
Monkey Island
Default Re: Half-Life Service Pack question

If you lose your cd key, the only thing you can do is to find a key gen online.
 #8 
Old 2002-12-15, 22:04
TreyDay TreyDay is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Half-Life Service Pack question

Anybody know where I can get one on-line?
 #9 
Old 2002-12-17, 12:38
ChibiMiko ChibiMiko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Half-Life Service Pack question

www.gamecopyworld.com btw you wont be able to play it online.
 #10 
Old 2002-12-18, 20:26
TreyDay TreyDay is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Half-Life Service Pack question

Why?
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics