About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Games People Play
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Games People Play Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-12, 22:59
cnxn cnxn is offline
Regular
 
Default Final Fantasy Endings: What moved you most?

I don't know why 16=bit music and graphics can strike the emotions so much, but they did: Final Fantasy 3(us)/6(jp).
What does everyone else think of the Final Fantasy series with respect to endings?
Trivia: I liked the overworld music for FFVII than I did the ending. But the Red XIII part was sort of nice.
 #2 
Old 2002-12-12, 23:05
cnxn cnxn is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Final Fantasy Endings: What moved you most?

On a side note, I don't think any boss music in the history of boss music can top "One Winged Angel". And I have played a LOT of video games.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-12, 23:20
cnxn cnxn is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Final Fantasy Endings: What moved you most?

PS: Whoever saw Sephiroth's "Super Nova" sync 100% to the music? The fact that I did makes it the best video game in existence. If you've encountered Sephiroth you will know exactly what I mean.
 #4 
Old 2002-12-13, 01:56
Regular
 
Monkey Island
Default Re: Final Fantasy Endings: What moved you most?

The music it played when aries died or when a definite emotional scene was happening killed me in FFVII. Thinking about it rips my heart out.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-13, 03:41
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: Final Fantasy Endings: What moved you most?

A nicely orchestrated rendition of Celes's Aria nearly brings me to tears. FF6 had the best music. Relm's theme is a bit lighter, but no less touching. The first few experiences in the World of Ruin were so beautifully dysphoric, and the music was such a part of that.

The ending was nice, but the middle was even more powerful...
 #6 
Old 2002-12-13, 11:10
penguinpenguin penguinpenguin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Final Fantasy Endings: What moved you most?

quote:
Originally posted by ThetaReactor:
The ending was nice, but the middle was even more powerful...


ditto. i think the pseudo-ending scene in ff3 was the best. but since it's not a real ending, it doesnt count. and dont flame me for this one but i liked ff8's theaterical approach and you could tell square spent big $$$, esp on the intro and ending fmv's. i heard ffx's cool but im 3 hours into it.
 #7 
Old 2002-12-13, 11:13
Nismo Nismo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Final Fantasy Endings: What moved you most?

I don't know... FFIX had a rather predictable ending, although nothing was more enjoyable than seeing Zidane ride those vines around near the end. It just further exemplified his inability to worry or choke under extremely tight circustances.
 #8 
Old 2002-12-14, 20:03
silencer silencer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Final Fantasy Endings: What moved you most?

Despite the flashy graphics, busty babes, and heroes with huge swords, I think that FF has gotten progressively worse. The music from FF2/4 and FF3/6 is probably tied for my favorite music of all time. It seems like perhaps Nobuo Uematsu isn't putting in quite as much time doing the soundtracks for the newer FFs because Square has been pumping games out so fast. It really is a shame; I would pay $200 a game if the new FFs offered as good an experience as the old ones. I still haven't played FFX yet....maybe that game will change my opinion. Probably not.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-14, 20:18
Sagewisher Sagewisher is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Final Fantasy Endings: What moved you most?

quote:
Originally posted by silencer:
Despite the flashy graphics, busty babes, and heroes with huge swords, I think that FF has gotten progressively worse.


I couldn't agree more.
 #10 
Old 2002-12-15, 23:52
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Final Fantasy Endings: What moved you most?

For endings, I couldn't say, after playing so many Final Fantasy games they all kinda run together.

But the scene where Aeris dies in FF7, thats very fresh in my mind (just played it a few minutes ago), quite moving.

And although its not a FF game, I should definately mention the music from Xenogears. Great music, and although I don't remember the music at the end (despite having played it MANY times), the realization of what you've just done is enough to make that ending just plain amazing.
 #11 
Old 2002-12-16, 13:11
Regular
 
Antipodes
Default Re: Final Fantasy Endings: What moved you most?

quote:
Originally posted by silencer:
Despite the flashy graphics, busty babes, and heroes with huge swords, I think that FF has gotten progressively worse. The music from FF2/4 and FF3/6 is probably tied for my favorite music of all time. It seems like perhaps Nobuo Uematsu isn't putting in quite as much time doing the soundtracks for the newer FFs because Square has been pumping games out so fast. It really is a shame; I would pay $200 a game if the new FFs offered as good an experience as the old ones. I still haven't played FFX yet....maybe that game will change my opinion. Probably not.


The Voice acting in FFX will make you wish you were deaf.

Who thinks the Version of One Winged Angel in Kingdom Hearts (the sephiroth fight) is any good compared to the original?

Personally, I loved FFVIII the most, and I am a FFVIII god and can answer almost any question (as long as its not stupid...but it has been awhiile)
 #12 
Old 2002-12-18, 01:26
walrus_poker walrus_poker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Final Fantasy Endings: What moved you most?

7=good, ,unexpected i guess..not much happened with tifa and cloud
8=great
9=could be better
10= havn't finished yet
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics