About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Games People Play
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Games People Play Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-04, 15:28
Sevarian Sevarian is offline
Regular
 
Default burn PS2 without mod chip

I was just reading a post about a person who wanted to know how you can burna ps2 game without the mod chip, he got a reply that was only half done. And, then the moderator closed the thread. I am not trying to overstep my bounds or call the mod a liar but i sell burnt ps2 games all the time you need to download the ISO and get the Boot rom and Image. You need all three of these because playstation as used special encryption to negate the swap trick that you could do with playstation one. like was said in the previous post kazaa is a good place to find this. Though you might want to be carefull dont axcept any goot that is less than 90k it will definately be a fake.
Sorry XenoBite... didn't mean to offend you.
 #2 
Old 2002-12-06, 03:12
b4d0m3n b4d0m3n is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: burn PS2 without mod chip

You are right. Referring to Emus?
 #3 
Old 2002-12-06, 12:38
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: burn PS2 without mod chip

Well you just did call me a liar. ANd no you cannot play burnt games without a mod chip (not even on a PS1). Here's how it goes:

When you buy the mod chip, you get a boot disc.


  • Buy and install the mod chip
  • Copy the game
  • Insert the boot disc
  • While booting swap the boot disc with the coppied game on something like 5 seconds
  • Play the copy


You can use a boot disc, but you always need a mod chip (except with the DreamCast http://www.psxdepot.com/dcboot.htm)

But, to prove I'm not a totally insane asshole mod, I'll let you explain yourself. I'm interested in your theory. So explain to me how you play burnt games without a modchip on a PS2.

Note: I've seen people try it, and I've seen people fail over and over again. So this'd better be good.

P.SP
And that thread was closed because it doesn't belong in the games forum. As you can see this is the games forum, not the piracy forum or whatever.

[This message has been edited by XeNobiTe (edited 12-06-2002).]
 #4 
Old 2002-12-06, 12:43
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: burn PS2 without mod chip

Hhhhhmmmm, I bet you're talking about this http://www.modchipkits.com/pages/swapmagic.htm

I've yet to see it work, but I'm interested.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-08, 01:43
maxpower02903 maxpower02903 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: burn PS2 without mod chip

I was about to try this last week. They have bootdiscs online for PS1 and 2 but i think the mod is right about needing a chip for the boot disc to work
 #6 
Old 2002-12-08, 01:45
maxpower02903 maxpower02903 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: burn PS2 without mod chip

Would a burnt ps2 game work on a pc with a ps2 emulator(or arent there any)?
 #7 
Old 2002-12-08, 06:46
Sevarian Sevarian is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: burn PS2 without mod chip

Ok XenoBite, I am not trying ot make you look bad, I am not calling you a liar. I just know from personal experience that you can trust me. I have worked with Squaresoft for a while, and one of the projects my team was assigned to was licensing and reproduction. there are ways to burn it and play it without a mod-chip. If you wish to challenge me see for youself. get a dvd-burner. copy the iso and the boot sector info... it will work. And as far as emulators working on ps2 games i have yet to look into it for ps2 but most ps1 emus support burnt games with patches. Just don't use bleem... it sucks.
 #8 
Old 2002-12-08, 07:57
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: burn PS2 without mod chip

quote:
Originally posted by Sevarian:
Ok XenoBite, I am not trying ot make you look bad, I am not calling you a liar. I just know from personal experience that you can trust me.


You can't make me look like a liar without any serious proof. Prove it and I'll belive you. And how the hell can I trust you from your personal experience?

quote:
I have worked with Squaresoft for a while, and one of the projects my team was assigned to was licensing and reproduction.


That means you have very valuable knowlage about the cd encryption and possible copy pretection. Mind sharing this info?

quote:

there are ways to burn it and play it without a mod-chip. If you wish to challenge me see for youself. get a dvd-burner. copy the iso and the boot sector info... it will work.



Prove this to me. Show me some screenshots, let other people back it up, give me links to some serious websites,...

quote:
And as far as emulators working on ps2 games i have yet to look into it for ps2 but most ps1 emus support burnt games with patches. Just don't use bleem... it sucks.


There are NO PS2 emulators. And all the PS1 emulators suck. This is what Tekken 2 looks like on ePSXe (the best PSX emu):
http://www.planetxen.netfirms.com/tekken2.jpg


[This message has been edited by XeNobiTe (edited 12-08-2002).]
 #9 
Old 2002-12-08, 12:23
ChibiMiko ChibiMiko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: burn PS2 without mod chip

Ok, the pirating master is in XeNo..... GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY CHAIR!, thank you...

Here it is kiddies, I have in fact dled MULTIPLE! boot disk's and tried them out on my unmodded PS1, nothing at all besides it spinning and then freezing on me when I try to switch. NOW! I do have a friend (ya thats real nice aint it) which I menctioned in some other post that he has a dad (no shit) that lives in china and always sends him his system's and packs of like 50 burned games (we like to call them fakes), oh and yes the PS1 was modded, but for his PS2...well I really dont know, but he does need to use a boot disk each time he play's, he could very well possibly have a mod chip inside.

I need to drink less coffee...

--------------------------------------------

You have 3 days!

[This message has been edited by XeNobiTe (edited 12-09-2002).]
 #10 
Old 2002-12-08, 21:26
Sevarian Sevarian is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: burn PS2 without mod chip

Ok for pics gimme a couple of days to drag my webcam back out and take the pics.

and as far as all EMUs sucking, My favorite is Virtual Game Station. Its neat and supports burnt games
 #11 
Old 2002-12-08, 22:20
nothingSafe nothingSafe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: burn PS2 without mod chip

My friend plays burned PSX games with a boot disk WITHOUT a mod chip. Atleast he tells me there is no modchip. I dont know if he is just lying or what, but he doesnt know how to do anything like that, so either he is telling the truth or he bought it pre-modded.
 #12 
Old 2002-12-13, 16:57
Mackofett Mackofett is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: burn PS2 without mod chip

Xenobite I use epsxe and have to disagree I only really use it for Resident Evil 2 and it works perfect in fact it can surpass the reall thing when configured right. I know that it has problems with Dino crisis 2 and a few others but most work fine. It could just be my system is powerful enough to support it, but thats my experience.
If any of you know anything about nemu7a or the ultra hle emus for n64 please help me out I cant get either to work right. The hle wants glide which I have but it still cant detect it. The nemu wont let me configure controls and Ive been trying to get turok running on it but cant get it to run.
 #13 
Old 2002-12-13, 17:12
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: burn PS2 without mod chip

You played one game and you say it's good? Lots of games work, but have also lots of glitches. Some work perfectly though. Anyway, if the emu can't run at least 80% of the games almost perfectly, it suck. ePSXe is a good PSX emu, but still sucks compared to emus of other systems.

As for N64 emus, use p64 (Project64). It's a real good N64 emu, but as with PSX emus, won't run all games as it should. I tried like 4 games. 2 worked very good (60 fps)(Ridge Race 64 & Zelde: Majora's Mask), the other 2 were really messed up (Ultimat Mortal Kombat 3 & Killer Instinct Gold).
 #14 
Old 2002-12-14, 09:53
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: burn PS2 without mod chip

I know for a fact that you can use boot discs (without a modchip) in a PSX, I'm playing Tekken 3 right as I'm typing this (in between matches).

As for PS2..I've seen plenty of systems that have a mod chip, and thats all. You stick the cd in, it works.

Dreamcast? Hell, theres no question about this, Dreamcast is great for burning games, hell, most dreamcast bootlegs you'll find are self booting, so you don't need anything extra installed.

And regarding the PSX, although its not completely relevant to the conversation, there are actually a few commercial hardware addons and cds that allow you to play imports/burns (accidentally? probably not). We got a gameshark to play a burn just a few hours ago, using a kind of "ghetto" swap-disk trick
 #15 
Old 2002-12-14, 11:49
Regular
 
the happy land of australia
Default Re: burn PS2 without mod chip

what if you use clone cd to copy the games? not burn from the ISO or anything, but use clone cd (i think it finishes with *.bin). they say that the cds are identical in every way to the original, so how would the console know the diffrence? has anyone tried it?
 #16 
Old 2002-12-16, 13:16
Regular
 
Antipodes
Default Re: burn PS2 without mod chip

quote:
Originally posted by XeNobiTe:
You played one game and you say it's good? Lots of games work, but have also lots of glitches. Some work perfectly though. Anyway, if the emu can't run at least 80% of the games almost perfectly, it suck. ePSXe is a good PSX emu, but still sucks compared to emus of other systems.

As for N64 emus, use p64 (Project64). It's a real good N64 emu, but as with PSX emus, won't run all games as it should. I tried like 4 games. 2 worked very good (60 fps)(Ridge Race 64 & Zelde: Majora's Mask), the other 2 were really messed up (Ultimat Mortal Kombat 3 & Killer Instinct Gold).



You havn't played Mario Kart until you have Played it at 120FPS
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics