About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Games People Play
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Games People Play Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-31, 16:41
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Mafia

Pure beauty! Those must be the best words to describe this game. Basically, the concept is the same as with GTA(3)(vice city), but this game beats GTA3 by far.

Unlike with GTA3, this game has a serious story and can be best compared with the movie Godfather. You don't just run around killing people and rasing amok. Respect is an important role if you want to survive in the streets of Lost Heaven. The cops will leave you alone for the small crimes you commit, but don't push your luck too far.

The graphic are sipmly awsome (who says you can't have graphics and soul in the same game). The models are photorealistic and the facial movement while speaking is unlike anything before.

Controls are simple and smooth (mouse + keyboard for moving and shooting, keyboard for driving). The controls resemble the ones of hitman, 3rd person view. Most cars are slow, but will also control very smoothly. A nice feature is that you (+ your passangers) can shoot at other cars in a "high speed" chase. And cops will chase you for speeding (40 mph+) or driving through a red light (unlike in gta3)

The city itself is huge. The traffic and the people on the streets behave very realistic. There are some places that will sound familiar: Hoboken, Little Italy,... It's quit a nice replica from the 1930.

The background music makes this game complete. It fits in with rest of the beauty from the 1930's.

One bad thing about this game is the high system requierments. You'll need a killer PC to be able play this game smootly. (1000 Mhz+, 512 meg ram, GeForce 3 or better). The game can also be hard at some points, but some challange shouldn't scare you away from such a cool game.

Story: 90%
Graphics: 95%
Audio: 90%
Controls: 90%

Overall: 91%
 #2 
Old 2002-10-31, 18:22
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: Mafia

Hey, Psycho-Mod-Pussy-Licker! I already made a thread for this game, with this exact title. I reviewed it, you saw it, you replied. Stop being a wannabe newb.
http://www.totse.com/bbs/Forum17/HTML/000567.html
 #3 
Old 2002-10-31, 18:32
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mafia

How odd, I don't remember that at all. Anyway, back then I didn't play the game. I bought it today and it kicks ass. I just got to the "race level" (fairplay). Well that level is a little corny and a little hard. Any drivin tips?
 #4 
Old 2002-10-31, 18:50
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: Mafia

Kill the other drivers. If you run the two or three main competitors off the road, you can take a nice, leisurely drive around the course. I'm not sure why so many people have problems with the race. I won on my second try. Must be my awesome 1337-ness...
 #5 
Old 2002-10-31, 19:53
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mafia

Nevermind I got it myself. I forgot to brake in the curves . Just make shure your 1 afther the first curve (which is very simple) and brake before every other cure you encounter. Piece of cake.

This game is so damn addictive I just can't stop playing. BTW, is this game out on the PS2? I don't own one myself, but it would be cool for the PS2 owners to be able to play this game.

-XeNo, the one who cares...

-...and ChibiMiko wannabe
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics