About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Games People Play
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Games People Play Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-29, 00:07
d0m d0m is offline
Regular
 
Default tony hawk 4

gimmie the lowdown
 #2 
Old 2002-10-29, 04:02
ChibiMiko ChibiMiko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: tony hawk 4

Serouisly, How much better can they make it (Not that im saying im really a fan of it because im not).

I mean its the exact same damn game over and over just with slightly better graphics, slightly more moves, slightly different skins and that one extra level people gota get off the fanboy train and accauly just keep on playing hawk man 3, its got everything you need (I still like 2 better) plently of level's, PLUS ONLINE PLAY!

Serouisly if the kids come up to me in school one more time and say "HEY DUDE! DO YOU LIKE HAVE THE NEW LIKE TONY GAME LIKE YA, ITS SO SLOW GETTING IT OFF LIKE KAZAA!" I'm gona shove a sharp metal object into my eye!

-Chibi
 #3 
Old 2002-10-29, 04:25
Dion Dion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: tony hawk 4

"Once you've played one, you've played them all"

 #4 
Old 2002-10-29, 16:02
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: tony hawk 4

actually, THPS3 is much better than THPS2 on every level...

this time around, however, they've changed a bunch of things. instead of rolling around a bunch of seperate levels, this time it's all one HUGE area, were you go around looking for things to do. it's almost shenmue esque, only with skateboards and pro skater gameplay.

Chibi, although I agree that neversoft is stretching the pro skater series thin, you gotta give them a little more credit. for an unknown reason, rather than turning into crap, they get better every time. don't dis.

also, never bother with the PC version of any tony hawk game. the sense of control you get from the console games is instantly lost with the PC.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-29, 17:25
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: tony hawk 4

I honestly really do love the first one - its original and the speed and skills are alot more realistic.

Peace Renegade,
 #6 
Old 2002-10-29, 17:58
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: tony hawk 4

quote:
Originally posted by Township Rebellion:

also, never bother with the PC version of any tony hawk game. the sense of control you get from the console games is instantly lost with the PC.



That's complete bullshit. It doesn't mean if you can't play with a keyboard that no one else can. I can make combos up to 200.000 points in THPS3 with a keyboard. I can play all games better with a keyboard. Others can play better with gamepads. It comes down to habbits. If you're used to one you'll always like that more than the other.

One thing that is better about the keyboard is that it's soft on your thumbs ( mostly cause you don't use your thumbs ). I can play for hours and hours on my keyboard without any problems, while playing with a gamepad my carple tunnle syndrome starts acting up ( And most hardcore gamers have this. I got this from playing too much on the game boy).

So don't trash the keyboard if you can't play with it. I say always try new stuff. I myself for instance can't play Driver with the PSX pad. It's odd, but I just can't.

[This message has been edited by XeNobiTe (edited 10-29-2002).]
 #7 
Old 2002-10-29, 23:00
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: tony hawk 4

i played with my joystick. and i thought 2 was the best. but someday im going to hook my dreamcast up and reminesce(sp?) with the original.
 #8 
Old 2002-10-30, 19:23
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: tony hawk 4

I agree Xenobite - keyboards are alot easier for me aswell.

I mean i dont know how anyone can play Unreal without a Keyboard, it seems to me any games like AVP,Wolfenstien,Medal Of Honour all need a keyboard.

But that could just be me - not that im mocking the Game Cube controller - the best one yet.

Peace Renegade,
 #9 
Old 2002-10-31, 20:42
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: tony hawk 4

quote:
Originally posted by XeNobiTe:
That's complete bullshit. It doesn't mean if you can't play with a keyboard that no one else can. I can make combos up to 200.000 points in THPS3 with a keyboard. I can play all games better with a keyboard. Others can play better with gamepads. It comes down to habbits. If you're used to one you'll always like that more than the other.

One thing that [b]is
better about the keyboard is that it's soft on your thumbs ( mostly cause you don't use your thumbs ). I can play for hours and hours on my keyboard without any problems, while playing with a gamepad my carple tunnle syndrome starts acting up ( And most hardcore gamers have this. I got this from playing too much on the game boy).

So don't trash the keyboard if you can't play with it. I say always try new stuff. I myself for instance can't play Driver with the PSX pad. It's odd, but I just can't.

[This message has been edited by XeNobiTe (edited 10-29-2002).][/B]


I tried playing Tony hawk 2 on the computer, and I couldn't do any flip tricks. perhaps you can do it, but these games are made for the controller. (remember, they originate on the PSX/PS2)
 #10 
Old 2002-10-31, 20:44
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: tony hawk 4

and yeah, it is a matter of taste, and what sort of games you usually use. I've always played console games rather than PC, so I'm not used to the keyboard in anything other than FPS.
 #11 
Old 2002-10-31, 21:51
vinman56 vinman56 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: tony hawk 4

I have th4 on my Xbox, i think it is the best one yet. the only thing is some of the moves impossible, fr anyone who knows the game in london, Mullen's challenge it is impossible to gofro a Pogo-Wraparound, no matter how many times you press te buttons it wont work. but other than the few gliches it is definntly a great game
 #12 
Old 2002-10-31, 22:26
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: tony hawk 4

pogo rap-around? what, is that a loop de loop?
you just biuld up speed and crouch. then steer your way through.
 #13 
Old 2002-11-02, 00:14
Mazzy12345 Mazzy12345 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: tony hawk 4

just get a decent game controller for the PC and you got the best version of tony hawk without the keyboard....
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics