|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Games People Play Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more! |
 |
|
#1
 2002-10-16, 21:43
|
UbiloZ 
Regular
|
|
|
|
GTA:Vice City
I'm surprised nobody has posted a topic yet on this. I see alot of people like gta3, so I decided to post info on the newest installment in the gta series.
- This new game is set in a city that is much like Miami. So we can all expect it to be much cleaner than the previous game.
- Re-made engine. Expect much brighter surfaces on cars, as well as an improved fram-rate.
- 40 Weapons compared to gta3's 15. Some new ones this time are the katana, and chainsaw. Also many of the 40 are makeshift you create at the local AmmuNation.
- Nine hours of music, compared to gta3's Three hours. Many by real artists:Kool and the Gang - Summer Madness, Flock of Seagulls - I Ran, Judas Priest - You Got Another Thing Coming, Grand Master Flash & The Furious Five - The Message, Hall & Oates - Out of Touch and Cutting Crew - I Just Died in your arms tonight.
- The main character actually speaks this time! Voice talent done by Ray Liotta, star of the hugely popular crime flick, Goodfellas, will be voicing the part of Tommy Vercetti(Your Char)
- Entire City will be opened from the start. Unlike gta3 which you had to unlock all three islands.
- This new city is 2.5times bigger than Liberty City
- Many indoor areas, including hotels, casinos, live clubs etc.
- Improved A.I. Pedestrians have new routing path. Cops actually arrest pedestrians, and gangs this time. And a big plus is the gangs this time steal cars, get in shootouts, and high speed chases with the cops, and just mainly wreck havoc.
- Some of the many new pedestrian activities include roller-skating on the beach board-walk. Sun-bathing, and jogging.
- New targeting system based on danger level, rather than distance.
- 120+Vehicles compared to gta3's 50. Those included are motorcycles, helicopters (yes you can fly them this time) jet skis, and houseboats.
- One last thing is you have the chance to change your clothes many times during the game.
Personally I can't wait for this game to come out October 29th. Rockstar recently reported 4 million pre-orders for this game. So you better reserve.
|
|
#2
 2002-10-17, 09:07
|
Canyonero 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
My reservation is pre-paid, I will be there on day one to pick it up! I'll post my review when I get it. more things to look forward to:
Jenna jameson voices a character.
Halfway through the game, the plot has a major shift which affects the way you must play until the end.
Roundhouse kicks.
chicks in thongs.
riding mopeds and harleys.
|
|
#3
 2002-10-18, 14:57
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
can't wait for the motorcylcles! why did they not include them in 3? they were in 2.
|
|
#4
 2002-10-18, 15:12
|
XeNobiTe 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
quote: Originally posted by Cobranaut: they were in 2.
There were no motorcycles in GTA2. There were in the original GTA. [This message has been edited by XeNobiTe (edited 10-18-2002).]
|
|
#5
 2002-10-18, 22:26
|
True_Ghetto 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
Hes right. Is vice city gonna be out for pc?
|
|
#6
 2002-10-21, 01:20
|
darkwonders 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
to sum it up it's like miami vice, or just the 80's. I bet it will be on p.c. but ive heard rumors that it's only comming to ps2 for consoles anyways, does any ones know if this is true cause i only gotta box but i rember here the same about gta 3 and that is due out on the xbox fairly soon i hop.e
|
|
#7
 2002-10-21, 03:40
|
UbiloZ 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
I just have to say it's dumb to think the kids at rockstar wouldn't make a port to the pc. They started on the pc, and they won't leave their loyal fans hanging. And I highly doubt gta3 will be going to the xbox (or at least anytime soon). And as for the release dates of the pcversion of gta:vice city, you can expect it out a month or two after the orignal comes. Until then busy yourself with gta3.
P.S.Xbox sucks
|
|
#8
 2002-10-23, 00:25
|
ChibiMiko 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
Yes there will be a port to PC most likely, but not untell 2004 its tottaly exclusive to PS2 tell 2004
-Chibi
|
|
#9
 2002-10-25, 01:25
|
darkwonders 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
shit two months ago gta3 was set to be out on xbox in feburary. O well just buy it for p.c.
p.s. The xbox doesn't suck, neither does the ps2 but i deffinetly would go with the box. Well just aslong as your not a cuber.
|
|
#10
 2002-10-25, 10:08
|
Renegade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
Man i really do need 2 get a PS2.
Peace Renegade,
|
|
#11
 2002-10-25, 15:39
|
cornzornoplat 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
come october 29th, my days will consist of countless hours, day and night nonstop playing of gta vice city, much like what happened with gta 3 , in fact i dont have any memeories besides playing gta3 from last oct-jan.
|
|
#12
 2002-10-25, 19:44
|
Dion 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
quote: Man i really do need 2 get a PS2.
What do you have right now? Ps2 is the leading console, in games and sales. The Xbox has scarce hits like Halo. I wouldn't suggest anyone getting that, unless they have some spare cash lying around. As for the gamecube they tend to just remake old games (i.e. Super Smash Bros., new installment on Mario games etc. etc.) So I'd suggest getting a ps2, especially for the release of the new gta.
|
|
#13
 2002-10-27, 20:43
|
Canyonero 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
It's coming soon, I get mine TUESDAY!!!! I can't wait....
|
|
#14
 2002-10-27, 21:10
|
Dion 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
Tuesday? I have to wait till next week. Amazon doesn't get their shipments in until this Thursday. Ugh....
|
|
#15
 2002-10-28, 01:35
|
darkwonders 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
dont diss the box, sure ps2 has gta3 and 4 but they are commin on comp anyways other than that all the good games on ps2 are on the xbox too. does anyone have a good idea of when gta4 is commin to comp? plus xbox has better graphics, ever noticed why they always use xbox game footage for commercials.
[This message has been edited by darkwonders (edited 10-28-2002).]
|
|
#16
 2002-10-28, 01:59
|
Dion 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
quote: does anyone have a good idea of when gta4 is commin to comp?
Scroll up. Chibi answered it.
|
|
#17
 2002-10-29, 11:49
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
Anyone know any codes yet? GTA3 would be kinda boring if you couldnt just arm yourself with everything and don body armor with a few buttons.
|
|
#18
 2002-10-29, 12:42
|
XeNobiTe 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
Cheating is lame.
|
|
#19
 2002-10-30, 02:56
|
ChibiMiko 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
quote: Originally posted by XeNobiTe: Cheating is lame.
I just noticed, didn't it say that you lived in your "mama's cunt"? -Chibi -What a tottaly off subject question....
|
|
#20
 2002-10-30, 03:01
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
It is a very over-hyped game thats pretty boring and too much like the first one. I might as well play that.
|
|
#21
 2002-10-30, 03:40
|
Dion 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
I guess some received their copy today. Write a short review for us who are deprived?
Again damn Amazon.com.. I probably won't get mine until next week...
|
|
#22
 2002-10-30, 03:51
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Spirit of '22
It is a very over-hyped game thats pretty boring and too much like the first one. I might as well play that.
|
For example, I played for 45 minutes and was still doing little stupid shit where I just drove back and forth between check-points they provide you with.
|
|
#23
 2002-10-30, 08:49
|
Canyonero 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
Over Hyped, YES Like The First, YES But, I'm digging on it anyway. For the first two hours I just ran around killing people and getting a feel for the environment. I played a total of five hours last night and I'm hooked all over again.
First, the cops are tougher, they are all over you and once you start a good chase, in come the choppers, once they come after you there's virtually no way to escape.
Second the other drivers in the game will not hesitate to swerve into your lane to fuck your car up, it happened to me several times where I would jack a nice car, cruise along and some dick would swerve into my lane just to hit me. I had to pull one guy out of his car and chop him up with my meat cleaver.
I like the cars, though many are very fast and a little more touchy than the cars in the last game.
There are lots of back alleys in the game where you can kill people to generate cash since you have none.
Rollerblading babes abound as well as very funny male prostitutes who wear only shorts. Which leads me to another thing I was walking down the street and I bumped into an old lady who says "I think I just shit myself"... too funny. There are lots more funny things people said on the street, the Cuban women are some of the funnier ones. "You're nothing but a wannabe".....
In one mission, I had to take out a dude with the chainsaw. Though it was cool, the chainsaw is efficient and it only took a little swipe of it to kill.
Motorcycles are badass too, I've ridden the Moped, a Ninja, and the Harley types they have in the game. These are my favorite new editions so far. Once you find an Uzi, you can spray bullets from the side of your rice rocket it's fun.
Overall, though there's not much new in the game, there's a general improvement in most categories from the last one. Personally, I enjoyed it very much and I'm not complaining about anything in it so far. Of course I'll be playing more tonight so we'll see.....
|
|
#24
 2002-10-30, 19:18
|
Renegade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
Seems pretty good to me - i like the chainsaw idea, it gives me a good feel for a nice Scarface moment.
Im glad the cops are tougher it annoyed me not getting a proper chase.
Peace Renegade,
|
|
#25
 2002-10-31, 00:54
|
Canyonero 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
I just started a mission where you have to plant 4 bombs in a building using an RC Helicopter, the construction workers keep shooting it down though. It seems there's something new around every corner. Still no complaints, this game straight up rules.
|
|
#26
 2002-10-31, 02:06
|
TOWCHBob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
Me and my friend used to have contests to see who could stay alive the longest with a 5 star police interest(he hadn't made it to the third island). It was fun but I hope the cops are alot harder in this one. They presented no challenge in the last one.
|
|
#27
 2002-10-31, 07:41
|
Dion 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
I got the game tonight. Been playing for around three hours. Awsome game... now if only I could quit burning out when popping wheelies on the crotch-rocket.... quote: It was fun but I hope the cops are alot harder in this one. They presented no challenge in the last one
Heh heh. I can barely stay alive two minutes with a three star in this one. They're ruthless, ramming you, laying down road spikes, shooting your tires out. Alot harder than gta3 that's for sure..
|
|
#28
 2002-11-04, 01:15
|
Chimera 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
this game has a lot of new things: destruction derby, racing in a nascar-like environment...with a lot more crashing, buying property, multiple helicopter types, you can enter buildings, wheelies on motorcycles, and the missions are (mostly) inovative and shitloads of fun.
o yeah, and the dodo takes off from water, no more crashing and drowning, but you are screwed on land. there is also a shooting range in amunation (one of them)
[This message has been edited by Chimera (edited 11-04-2002).]
|
|
#29
 2002-11-05, 09:02
|
Canyonero 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
The best new innovation is that there are properties for sale scattered throughout the city. I've bought a few apartments already but still unavailable are:
Strip Club Dance Club Boat Yard Movie Production Lot Auto Garage other I can't think of
It's quite cool, but I'm left wondering how interactive these properties will be once I own them.
|
|
#30
 2002-11-05, 18:49
|
Dion 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
The strip club you can get a lap dance, but that's about it. The boat yard you get the two fastest boats after purchasing. Movie production opens new missions in securing your assets for that place [selling of porn], and auto garage? Sunshine autos? If you buy that place street racing is open to you.
|
|
#31
 2002-11-05, 20:33
|
Township Rebellion 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
quote: Originally posted by darkwonders: to sum it up it's like miami vice, or just the 80's. I bet it will be on p.c. but ive heard rumors that it's only comming to ps2 for consoles anyways, does any ones know if this is true cause i only gotta box but i rember here the same about gta 3 and that is due out on the xbox fairly soon i hop.e
this is why I'm getting a PS2 first. I wanna be a smooth criminal!
|
|
#32
 2002-11-06, 01:44
|
Canyonero 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
I just killed Diaz and got his mansion and his business... I'm taking over and now I can buy the other businesses. I'll let you know how it goes.
|
|
#33
 2002-11-06, 02:11
|
Dion 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
I'm currently stuck. I own 14 places [probably missing one], and have just finished with Phils missions. Any help?
|
|
#34
 2002-11-06, 09:10
|
Canyonero 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
I'd check www.gamefaqs.com or a similar site. You either have alot of time on your hands, a game shark, or both. How did you get so far so quickly? Just curious, I have a gameshark myself and I have no problem with cheating, but shit man, I thought I was doing good.
|
|
#35
 2002-11-06, 14:19
|
Chimera 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
just beat the last mission last night, hard as hell. its not hard to get far in the game, each mission only takes a little while. some people just drive around killing while others focus on the missions, that's y we are farther.
|
|
#36
 2002-11-06, 17:05
|
Canyonero 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
True, I love to go around killing at random...
|
|
#37
 2002-11-06, 20:13
|
Dion 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
quote: How did you get so far so quickly?
Simple enough-I mastered gta3, and this is exactly like the last [at least in playing, missions are different of course] And then there's the big factor...insomnia!  That's why I'm on the bbs alot.
|
|
#38
 2002-11-08, 00:13
|
Dion 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
Just beat the game, and I'm only 57% complete! Good ending though; spoiler: "Lance you back-stabbing prick!"
|
|
#39
 2002-11-08, 08:54
|
Canyonero 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
I knew that fucker would turn as soon as he called on the cel bitching about how pissed he was that I disrespected him. Fuck him, I'm gonna kill him with a screwdriver. That should be nice and painful.....
|
|
#40
 2002-11-08, 09:45
|
Dion 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
Motorcycle trick: Pick up speed, then press up on the analog stick and press the break, or emergency break while still holding the analog stick up. If you fully stop like this it will be considered a trick, and you'll get cash.[if you already know this, then yes I'm ignorant]
Easy game though. A little short. But good.
|
|
#41
 2002-11-08, 21:11
|
Kanibus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
gee, thanx for ruining the game dion.
|
|
#42
 2002-11-08, 22:41
|
Dion 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
 The main story is only 1/3 of the game.
|
|
#43
 2002-11-12, 01:46
|
Barroom_Hero 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: GTA:Vice City
Exclusive to ps2 until 2004?
Goddamn it.
This only pisses me off more that my ps2 suddenly stopped reading all ps2 games after 6 months of use.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|