About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Games People Play
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Games People Play Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-11, 23:33
ShadowFist ShadowFist is offline
Regular
 
Default Warhammer

I couldnt help but ask,
Does anyone here play warhammer or warhammer 40,000?
If so who do you play as and what is your statigy

-ShadowFist
 #2 
Old 2002-10-11, 23:51
Slyck Slyck is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Warhammer

I have a 40k Ulthwe Eldar force. Mostly I try to take advantage of the mobile heavy firepower available to my units. Guardian with support weapons, Falcon Grav Tank, Wraithlord. And if I'm playing against marines the bigggest squad of reapers I can field.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-11, 23:58
Regular
 
Antipodes
Default Re: Warhammer

I used to collect 40K, I think I'll get back to it when I can frikkin afford it!

I used to collect space marines, but when I can afford it I wanna get some tyranids
 #4 
Old 2002-10-12, 01:08
ShadowFist ShadowFist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Warhammer

oh hey I forgot to mention I play as chaos and i use khorne berserkers to rush the middle and with bikes, raptors and deamons attacking the sides I have a really powerful sorcerer to back up the squard that is most needed

-ShadowFist
 #5 
Old 2002-10-12, 08:58
Moderator
 
Default Re: Warhammer

the Orcs. I prefer mass ...
 #6 
Old 2002-10-12, 22:21
Tchort Tchort is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Warhammer

Black Templar marines. Oh the sweet joy in calling out a lone chaos marine or tyranid with the emporer's champion. heh, been awhile since I played though. Once I get some $$$ from dealing I'm gonna start a 2000 point Khorne army, Greater Daemon and all.

need to save some Valium for helping with the painting though
 #7 
Old 2002-10-13, 01:17
Malignant Malignant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Warhammer

Warhammer:

I played the Brettonians. I had a fairly large army, most of every charecter, and at least one small squad of each force. My main strategy was to hammer them far back with lots of archers, move in slowly with my ground troops (spearmen, halberders), and after all that, strike a quick attack with my two calvalry forces, which usually took a good chunk out of em. I also had a lizardman, woodelf, and high elf army, i just didn't play with em much.

Warhammer 40,000:

I have a Imperial Guard: Catachan Jungle Fighter force. I had a Basilisk Earthshaker cannon as a main weapon, which could hammer down their forces pretty good. I had the Last Chancer's special squad, which was pretty good as a main line. And i had a lot of Storm Trooper, which were an elite weapon to use. But my main forces consisted of 2 squads of 12 with heavy repeaters, chainswords, powerfists, and las pistols. I had 3 backsnipers, which were good for taking out special charecters, 5 Ogyrns which were a good striking force, and a 10 Halflings, all in all, i had a good force.
 #8 
Old 2002-10-13, 01:30
Tchort Tchort is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Warhammer

scheisse man, how often did you win with imp. gaurd like that?

most IG armies that i've seen that do damage are nothing but squades with heavy weapons, a basalisk, and 2 lemon russ'.
 #9 
Old 2002-10-13, 08:01
Moderator
 
Default Re: Warhammer

quote:
Originally posted by Tchort:
scheisse man


where do you have this from?

 #10 
Old 2002-10-13, 09:52
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: Warhammer

Ah, hell. BSK's gonna go off on the butchered German again...

Shit, okay? Shit.
 #11 
Old 2002-10-13, 16:51
Moderator
 
Default Re: Warhammer

no, I just thought that it�s like the "Achtung" of the Valkyrie in Starcraft Broodwar ...

But if you call it butchering, I�d have the right to complain.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics