About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Games People Play
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Games People Play Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-24, 20:23
d0m d0m is offline
Regular
 
Default UT 2003

what you think of this? it seems cool but im not too excited. I Guess thegraphics are better, but ive only played the beta.
 #2 
Old 2002-09-26, 11:51
Regular
 
-
Default Re: UT 2003

from what little i've played of the demo, it runs quite smoothly, nice graphics but not the increadable graphics that were made out. the new incarnation of the sniper riffle sucks aswell.

i'd give it 7/10
 #3 
Old 2002-09-26, 18:46
Moderator
 
Through the looking glass
Default Re: UT 2003

The lightning gun is very cheap now. Zoom in and it's one shot kill most of the time.
 #4 
Old 2002-09-26, 20:12
Regular
 
Antipodes
Default Re: UT 2003

yeah, Personally, I miss the double enforcers...

'Ash has double enforcers and the quad and is crazzzy, run for your LIIIIVES!'
 #5 
Old 2002-09-28, 00:27
Nismo Nismo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: UT 2003

What the fuck? How can you turn a great playing deathmatch techno-goth (not that I'm really in to that genre) game, and turn it into a sports game? This sucks so hardcore. The texture and polygonal detail is impeccable, but the announcer just gives me the urge to kill the next person I see. I knew they were going to do this with a name like Unreal Tournament 2003.
 #6 
Old 2002-09-28, 10:28
Regular
 
Antipodes
Default Re: UT 2003

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
What the fuck? How can you turn a great playing deathmatch techno-goth (not that I'm really in to that genre) game, and turn it into a sports game? This sucks so hardcore. The texture and polygonal detail is impeccable, but the announcer just gives me the urge to kill the next person I see. I knew they were going to do this with a name like Unreal Tournament 2003.


Aha, the GFX are beautiful, and isnt the whole point of the game to kill the next person you see? Personally, I love the Bombing Run mode, it just reminds me sooo much of kick for QII
 #7 
Old 2002-09-28, 17:38
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: UT 2003

I like the Redeemer replacement, but I can't quite figure out how it works...

I shall miss my Strangelove.
 #8 
Old 2002-09-29, 16:24
Nismo Nismo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: UT 2003

Comrade Ash, you do know that there other people in the world than whom we participate in deathmatch with. Common sense would indicate that I was talking about the next tangible person I saw, not the next steroid pumped stupid assed looking UT2003 gladiator.
 #9 
Old 2002-09-29, 17:34
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: UT 2003

This game has some pretty cool graphics, nice gameplay, awsome levels, but some parts of the game remind me more of the NFL than a shooter. Like the bombing run for instance.
 #10 
Old 2002-09-30, 02:15
kingenrage kingenrage is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: UT 2003

Yes the graphics are good,
But the Ut game play isnt Very Attractive...
U have to permanently keep moving around and jumping so u wont get shot... so everyone is jumping around like idiots. Some will get epileptic problems after only a 10 min play. but the gore and the graphics are worth the SEAsures.
lol

8\10
could use more srategy instead of jumping around and running like mad
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics