About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Games People Play
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Games People Play Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-22, 15:34
kingenrage kingenrage is offline
Regular
 
Default battlefield 1942

this game is simply ammazing, u can choose anything u want in the war, wanna fly a b52 go ahead, wanna command a ship u can, wanna drive a tank u can, snipe, AA, defguns, anything
if u wanna know what im talking about go get the demo.
is it true that EA bans the cd keys that they see doubled?
some paranoid friend told me that
 #2 
Old 2002-09-22, 18:28
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: battlefield 1942

Flashpoint let you do most of that as well, but I do think 1942 pulls it off better.
 #3 
Old 2002-09-26, 16:12
LutherX LutherX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: battlefield 1942

I am so addicted to this game...

I went and bought a flight stick to try and fly, since it's fucking impossible to do with the keyboard. It's still hard as hell, I can fly ok but when I try to something like shoot or bomb a target I usually end up crashing... at least I figured out how to parachute.


I think I got yelled at the other night by a teammate... I was driving a tank and entered a contested control point, so I was scanning around for enemies and ended up driving into another tank... just a nick, not a hard hit, but a few seconds later he started yelling 'never drive my fucking artillery again you moron', didn't say a name tho so I don't know if it was to me or not. I didn't even know if he was the dude in the tank I hit..

If he was he's an idiot for insulting someone who is sitting behind him with a tank... and last I checked a tank isn't artillery. Anyway it was funny.

I gotta get a headset so my pal and I can chat on the phone while we fight, without our necks going all sore...


About the cd keys... I doubt it, since a friend has a burned copy and he can play it.

I just said fuck it and bought it. I was due for a new game anyway.


 #4 
Old 2002-09-26, 20:14
Regular
 
Antipodes
Default Re: battlefield 1942

lol, use a mouse for flying, or the best thing, is one of those sticks on laptops in the middle of the keyboard, you can rest your hand on the keyboard and press stuff and its like a mini joystick
 #5 
Old 2002-09-28, 08:30
LordJugz LordJugz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: battlefield 1942

Mouse for flying is hard sometimes. I just use the fuckin keyboard, so much easier, you gotta use strafe or whateva it is.
 #6 
Old 2002-09-28, 14:20
XIPHER XIPHER is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: battlefield 1942

i agree, this game rocks!

i had to remember how to fly with a mouse [its been a looong time since i played CNE].
as for the cd key problem, just get a keygen, thats what i did, althou i havent tryed it online yet.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics