About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Games People Play
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Games People Play Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-05, 01:55
Ain Ain is offline
Regular
 
Default Socom Navy Seals

I really like this game for the game play and the graphics. I also like being able to talk to my teem members via the headset-mic. It makes it much faster to give cmds. One thing though it recognizes my voice just fine but my gf couldn't get it to respond to hers.
The only draw back to the game is Boomer. He is a fucking retard! You tell him to hold fire and he will still take out a sentry if he sees him. You can�t tell him to hold position so he sometimes gives you away when you�re trying to be sneaky. (You will be crawling up on an enemy and boomer is running around like a paranoid chicken.) I swear you will want to cap his ass your-self!

But even with Boomer the game still rocks! The graphics are great and no screen flicker. I have played the same mission over and over just to try to complete every objective even though I could have gone on with out doing so. So the game play is great, you don�t get bored with trying again and again.

Do any of you have this game?

I have yet to buy the network adapter for the ps2, but when I do I would be interested into putting together a fire team of totse members. If you have this game and the network adapter or are planning to get them, and are interested in joining a fire teem let me know.


 #2 
Old 2002-09-05, 05:16
LordJugz LordJugz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Socom Navy Seals

I'd play it if I had a PS2. But yea, i think it looks too much like one of my favorite games of all times, Syphon Filter. I just saw a couple of screen shots, but never seen it in action. But tons of Mags give it good ratings.
 #3 
Old 2002-09-07, 20:12
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Socom Navy Seals

isnt there a pc version? i thought there was. if there is i will get a copy and play with you (if possible when using ps2 and pc together)
 #4 
Old 2002-09-07, 20:17
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Socom Navy Seals

There is a PC version.
 #5 
Old 2002-09-10, 00:34
UberSoldat UberSoldat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Socom Navy Seals

quote:
Originally posted by XeNobiTe:
There is a PC version.


there is and can u play ppl on ps2s with it online
 #6 
Old 2002-09-10, 21:56
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Socom Navy Seals

quote:
Originally posted by UberSoldat:
there is and can u play ppl on ps2s with it online


no, unfortunately.
 #7 
Old 2002-09-11, 01:01
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Socom Navy Seals

well i want some answers here before i really buy software. ill have to do some research.
 #8 
Old 2002-10-12, 14:25
Ain Ain is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Socom Navy Seals

Ive been stuck on this game for weeks. I cant get the nukes disarmed. Ive managed to get to them twice but couldn't disarm them. I found 2 of them are there more? Oh well I'll be trying all day today so wish me luck.
 #9 
Old 2002-10-12, 19:02
Canyonero Canyonero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Socom Navy Seals

Ain,
First you disarm the nukes. This is accomplished by disarming just one. To disarm, you must hold the button down until the little timer on screen is completed. (this is similar to when you had to paint the bunkers with the laser for the airstrikes) Then you rearm the nukes the same way and they will reset, giving you a time limit to get the hell out. If you killed most of the guys when going in, you shouldn't run into too much difficulty leaving. When you exit the set of caves where the nukes are and find yourself in the rocky open place that leads to the first series of caves, head left and you can take a shortcut which will lead to the cave where the first inside generator was located. Watch out for guys everywhere but the front caves should be clear. Run out into the open area from the beginning of the mission and soon the chopper will come for you.

A nice trick in this level is to shoot out the light bulbs in each cave. This makes it a little harder for the enemy to spot you and gives you more time to kill them. Also on the way out, I found it helpful to pick up one of the enemy's assault rifles. You have no more need for stealth, and the fast heavy shots of the ak-74 and the likes will kill pretty efficiently. Plus there's plenty of free ammo.

Hope this helps. Peace.

[This message has been edited by Canyonero (edited 10-12-2002).]
 #10 
Old 2002-10-13, 00:34
Ain Ain is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Socom Navy Seals

Canyonero
Thanks alot I could not figure out the disarming part I was going back and forth from nuke to nuke trying to get them disarmed. I was not holding the button down I was just letting the timer run out, While he fiddle fucked around with it.

Man Thanks again I got past it. On to the next mission.

[This message has been edited by Ain (edited 10-13-2002).]
 #11 
Old 2002-10-13, 10:45
Canyonero Canyonero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Socom Navy Seals

Cool, glad I could help.
 #12 
Old 2002-10-13, 18:42
A-F Army A-F Army is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Socom Navy Seals

I have have the sony network adaptor, but i am yet to buy Socom, as i am dead broke. I guess i am gonna have to start saving again...
 #13 
Old 2002-10-13, 18:54
Canyonero Canyonero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Socom Navy Seals

I haven't played online as of yet, but the one player game is great by itself. It's totally worth buying even if you didn't have the network adapter. Let me know how it goes.
 #14 
Old 2002-10-14, 00:07
Ain Ain is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Socom Navy Seals

Well I beat the game today. Now I have all the weapons and the missions are harder. I love this game.
 #15 
Old 2002-10-14, 00:19
A-F Army A-F Army is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Socom Navy Seals

How is the single player game play? Is it anything like Rainbow Six?
 #16 
Old 2002-10-14, 03:07
Ain Ain is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Socom Navy Seals

Not really. You don�t have to set nav points. But you can order Bravo team to Lead, Attack, Stealth, and Run to a certain point. Or to wherever you point the crosshairs. The game play is very realistic. You can even give voice commands! Just imagine being a Navy seal. How would you move through different terrain? React to an ambush? Fire and move? One mission you will be on a barge gathering Intel and scuttling the ship. The next you may be in Alaska or deep in a jungle. Clearing caves in the desert or in an urban environment. So how is the game play? It�s Realistic!
 #17 
Old 2002-10-14, 03:20
Ain Ain is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Socom Navy Seals

The one Real bitch I have about the game is fire control. Anyone who has been a team leader, or even part of a fire team would understand the importance of controlling where your team members fire. There is a "cover area" command. But the range is short. If it had a fire on my crosshairs command it would be perfect. That is the only thing it�s lacking.
 #18 
Old 2002-10-20, 21:46
A-F Army A-F Army is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Socom Navy Seals

Damn it, I finally got enought money for the game, and I find out it is sold out all over my city.
 #19 
Old 2002-10-20, 23:18
UbiloZ UbiloZ is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Socom Navy Seals

quote:
Originally posted by Township Rebellion:
no, unfortunately.


Yes it has online capability. It's one of only two shooter games on the ps2 that you are able to play online as of now. Tribes 2 is the other one, so if you like Seals I suggest you check that one out.

 #20 
Old 2002-10-21, 04:19
Ain Ain is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Socom Navy Seals

quote:
Originally posted by A-F Army:
Damn, it is sold out all over my city.


Good luck, See if there is a waiting list. You might want to try reserving a copy and have them call you when it comes in.

 #21 
Old 2002-10-21, 20:17
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Socom Navy Seals

quote:
Originally posted by UbiloZ:
Yes it has online capability. It's one of only two shooter games on the ps2 that you are able to play online as of now. Tribes 2 is the other one, so if you like Seals I suggest you check that one out.




yes it has online capability. I know that. I was referring to the fact that you can't play PC gamers against PS2 gamers. Tribes 2 is an alright game, but it's a tad to complex to be any fun. and the gameplay is a tad weak. at least, for the PC version. as for the PS2 vers., I don't have a PS2. i'll have before the year's out, though.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics