About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Games People Play
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Games People Play Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-08-28, 17:56
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Your first video game.

What is the first video game you played EVER? The first game I ever played was on one of those cheap handhelds where you could play only one game. It was some racing game. Fun as hell and very adictive.
 #2 
Old 2002-08-28, 18:40
UberSoldat UberSoldat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

Sky Jinx on the Atari. Fun fun fun..... i had a buncha those tiger games to those handhelds... they were fun
 #3 
Old 2002-08-28, 19:44
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: Your first video game.

I honestly don't remember. I would guess it was either Miner 2049er or Gyruss. I grew up in an Atari 5200 home...
 #4 
Old 2002-08-28, 20:56
quandary quandary is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

top gear on the snes! awesome
 #5 
Old 2002-08-29, 03:21
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

"Shark Shark" on the intellivision. I beat all of you. HA!
 #6 
Old 2002-08-29, 03:47
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: Your first video game.

Oooo...

But my cousin had the tabletop arcade version of Pac-Man...
 #7 
Old 2002-08-29, 03:59
UberSoldat UberSoldat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

i have a rubik's cube.....
 #8 
Old 2002-08-29, 06:24
Moderator
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

pong, with pelota, ice hockey and hunt.
 #9 
Old 2002-08-29, 06:32
ScorchedWeasel ScorchedWeasel is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

either pitfall or pong on the atari
 #10 
Old 2002-08-30, 02:27
ChibiMiko ChibiMiko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

I belive it was an old Turbo Grafics game.... Forget the other game I had for it but the one I do is like your a man with a jetpack and a gun of some sort blowing other ships that fly by....

O O! I remember the other one... you were a lil man that ran around killing things..... think it was an acion RPG of some sort, Really didn't know how to play that much since I was like 6ish at the time and couldent read =\

-Chibi

-THE ORIGNAL....CHIBI!
 #11 
Old 2002-08-30, 02:30
Regular
 
-
Default Re: Your first video game.

chuckie egg or some maze game on the bbc
 #12 
Old 2002-08-30, 02:57
eth0 eth0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

Some game on the C64 that was like a spelling game. Then i had the spider man games and some game where you skateboard and collect cans. I really miss that computer. I still got the computer, but i lost all the games when i was little and left them in my clubhouse where they got dirt/water on them.

It also may have been a game on the atari that was like a cannon on the bottom and you aim it to shoot submarines and shit that goes through the sky. Very fun.
 #13 
Old 2002-08-30, 04:19
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: Your first video game.

Super Mario Bros.
 #14 
Old 2002-08-31, 17:38
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

Alex The Kid In Miracle World - the music still haunts me into the dark night.

Peace Renegade,
 #15 
Old 2002-09-01, 04:34
FuckAuthority FuckAuthority is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

Diablo One By Blizzard...
 #16 
Old 2002-09-01, 04:45
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

quote:
Originally posted by FuckAuthority:
Diablo One By Blizzard...


harsh... you must not be very old, then?


my first game was the Table top version of Wonder Boy. I remember playing it back when it was still considered new...
 #17 
Old 2002-09-01, 06:40
CDG CDG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

first one i seen was mario on the original nintendo. first one i played was doom on the pc.
 #18 
Old 2002-09-01, 06:45
XIPHER XIPHER is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

hmm... either Alex the Kidd, or Wonder Boy on the Sega MS
 #19 
Old 2002-09-01, 13:41
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

The original pong.. on the console it came on - not the atari, that was later..
 #20 
Old 2002-09-02, 03:34
SomeEverydayNobody SomeEverydayNobody is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade:
Alex The Kid In Miracle World - the music still haunts me into the dark night.

Peace Renegade,



Holy shit, it would be funny if its on the same system I've got it for. Ive got it for SEGA. Not genisus, but the first one. I remember -playing that game for fucking HOURS. It just annoyed me that you played fuckign rock-paper-scissors with the boss', cuz that left winning upto chance. Lukily though, they never changed moves!

Tgough that wasnt my first game. The first game I rmember playing was Wonder Boy in Monster Land, for the first SEGA system. I remember one day I got to like level 11 or 13 or soemhting, and went in this door hoping it wqas a shop, and it turned out to be this madussa thing and I got killed up. It pissed me off that I died for soemthing that wasnt a manditory fight.
 #21 
Old 2002-09-02, 03:37
SomeEverydayNobody SomeEverydayNobody is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

Damn, I didnt even notice XIPHER's post. Fuck, ntil now Ive only met two people who've ever heard of that system, and that was my uncle, who had it, and a friend of mine, who had it! Makes me wish the damn piece that connects the system to the TV wasnt broken, cuz they had some fun games going on.
 #22 
Old 2002-09-02, 15:27
MaTrIXSpiirit MaTrIXSpiirit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Magneto:
Super Mario Bros.


Same here.

-=MaTrIXSpirit=-
 #23 
Old 2002-09-02, 15:51
FuckAuthority FuckAuthority is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

quote:
Originally posted by Township Rebellion:
harsh... you must not be very old, then?


my first game was the Table top version of Wonder Boy. I remember playing it back when it was still considered new...




No Im Older, My Family Is Very Poor... Or At Least Was Incredibly Poor. I Played Diablo 1 With My Neighbor. We Didnt Have TV Or Computers. We Had 1 Phone.

King Nothing.

 #24 
Old 2002-09-02, 17:10
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

quote:
Originally posted by XIPHER:
hmm... either Alex the Kidd, or Wonder Boy on the Sega MS


cool
 #25 
Old 2002-09-02, 17:18
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

quote:
Originally posted by SomeEverydayNobody:
Holy shit, it would be funny if its on the same system I've got it for. Ive got it for SEGA. Not genisus, but the first one. I remember -playing that game for fucking HOURS. It just annoyed me that you played fuckign rock-paper-scissors with the boss', cuz that left winning upto chance. Lukily though, they never changed moves!

Tgough that wasnt my first game. The first game I rmember playing was Wonder Boy in Monster Land, for the first SEGA system. I remember one day I got to like level 11 or 13 or soemhting, and went in this door hoping it wqas a shop, and it turned out to be this madussa thing and I got killed up. It pissed me off that I died for soemthing that wasnt a manditory fight.



lmao

dude, there were about 5 Alex Kidd Games, all really different.

And Everybody knows about the master system, it's just alot of people don't like the thing (poor fools).

the games:
Alex Kidd in Miracle World
Alex Kidd in High Tech World
Alex Kidd in... I've forgotten, but it's really trippy
Alex Kidd in Shinobi World
Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle.

anyways, not burning you, just setting you straight on the facts.

hey, I've forgetten what Alex Kidd in High Tech world was based on. it was based on a Japanese adventure game, princess (something). Does anyone know what it's called? and does anybody notice that Sega Ripped off nintendo's idea for their second mascot game? (USA mario 2 was based on platform game with characters designed by Akira Torijama)

cheers!
 #26 
Old 2002-09-02, 17:26
Brent Brent is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

Duck Hunt... if I remember correctly.
 #27 
Old 2002-09-02, 22:15
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

quote:
Originally posted by ChibiMiko:
I belive it was an old Turbo Grafics game.... Forget the other game I had for it but the one I do is like your a man with a jetpack and a gun of some sort blowing other ships that fly by....

O O! I remember the other one... you were a lil man that ran around killing things..... think it was an acion RPG of some sort, Really didn't know how to play that much since I was like 6ish at the time and couldent read =\

-Chibi

-THE ORIGNAL....CHIBI!




I believe that first one was called Space Harrier
 #28 
Old 2002-09-03, 21:55
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

Space Harrier came out for the Turbo Graphx? I know sega liscenced wonder boy and fantasy zone to NEC, for the Graphx, But space harrier?

if it did, is it anything like the Arcade, or is it like the MS vers.?
 #29 
Old 2002-09-11, 09:22
Funky_Chiken Funky_Chiken is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

I think my first game was batman on my C64
or Superfrog on a friends Amiga 500, now thats a cool game
 #30 
Old 2002-09-14, 00:35
Schwabe The Zer0 Schwabe The Zer0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

probally super mario brothers...although I do have memories of wishing I could read so I could play Dragon Warrior....
 #31 
Old 2002-09-15, 00:56
Mazzy12345 Mazzy12345 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

the first game for me was Hang-On for the Sega Master System....
 #32 
Old 2002-09-15, 02:37
0mega 0mega is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

If I recall correctly...A game called Bubble Bobble or something like tat for the original NES.
 #33 
Old 2002-09-16, 04:07
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

quote:
Originally posted by 0mega:
If I recall correctly...A game called Bubble Bobble or something like tat for the original NES.


OMG

that's the coolest NES game EVER...
 #34 
Old 2002-10-11, 09:05
illusion illusion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

Alex the Kid in Miracle World.
 #35 
Old 2002-10-11, 21:40
Ain Ain is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

Pong and Space Invaders. But I grew up playing Pin-Ball.
 #36 
Old 2002-10-12, 00:03
Slyck Slyck is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

Also pong on the pong console
 #37 
Old 2002-10-15, 23:05
A-F Army A-F Army is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

quote:
Originally posted by 0mega:
If I recall correctly...A game called Bubble Bobble or something like tat for the original NES.


Fuck yeah, this was my first. Wow that was the best game, and still ranks high in the coolest video game music.
 #38 
Old 2002-10-16, 03:51
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: Your first video game.

I've got an mp3 of some Japanese high school marching band playing the Bubble Bobble theme.
 #39 
Old 2002-10-16, 15:03
chase161 chase161 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

for me it would have to be super mario bros.
or centipede.
 #40 
Old 2002-10-20, 21:12
Aaron-V2.0 Aaron-V2.0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

My very first game was when my dad's friend gave me an Atari console with a computer monitor to hook it up too ( !), the only game I had was this weird game, the name was something like "Space Pirate" or something. I didnt have the instruction manual so I didnt know how to play it... All it did was have a black screen with asteroids on it, swerve just right and you can shoot the asteroids, you can hit only 5 or 6 before it blew the ship up. The M key put it onto Map mode and I didnt find out how to get out of that. R was for reverse, seeing out the back, I didnt know how to get out of that mode....

Every half hour some alien ships would show up and you'd shoot it, it'd blow up, you'd keep going. Then something I think was a space station, I only saw it once.... And I went past it never to find it again.

Anyone know what this game was? Or if it was Atari? I just know it had the Atari joystick with red button and start button on the base.
 #41 
Old 2002-10-21, 13:05
Nokutaan Nokutaan is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

I think it either some Game&Watch or super mario bros,not sure
 #42 
Old 2002-10-21, 19:40
Bullet in the head Bullet in the head is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Your first video game.

Pitfall on Atari
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics