About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Games People Play
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Games People Play Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-06-14, 22:57
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default *SIGH*

why is it that the high class sports and supercars haven't been properly represented in a seriously realistic high quality racing game? it's not fair! every attempt to put ferrari, porsche, lamborghini, Bugatti, Mcleran etc. has failed miserably, with really BAD graphics, poor control, bland tracks, or unrealistic and boring physics. what the hell is wrong with Sony/Polyphony digital? how come microsoft can put some good stuff into a slightly more arcady (with damage effects) XBOX game, that involves street racing, yet sony can't get the good shit into a gran tourismo game????

WHEN CAN I HAVE A GOOD RACER WITH GT-LIKE PHYSICS, EXCELLENT GRAPHICS, PERFECT CONTROL, DECENT DIFFICULTY (you set it to easy, it is easy, not "slightly impossible".), AND PROPER, INTERESTING TRACKS, AND A DECENT SELECTION OF CARS???

*whew*

well, I'm done ranting.

and I'm STILL waiting for that perfect racing game. and anyone who says that one of those lame futuristic racers with the floating cars are good games, then can officially go to hell.

good day.
 #2 
Old 2002-06-15, 01:45
Regular
 
-
Default Re: *SIGH*

gimmie lotus esprit turbo challange any day, lotus esprit turbo challange 2 if your hung up on graphics .
 #3 
Old 2002-06-15, 07:56
Canyonero Canyonero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: *SIGH*

the only way that gran tourismo could get the liscensing for all the cars they do have is if they promised the no damage clause. that's why you don't see it very much in good games. i think car damage is pointless anyway, if i wanted realism, i would just go to work where i drive real cars all day. project gotham was nice, but even though it showed damage, it didn't seem to mess with the performance of the car so what's the point? if they took out the damage stuff they could put in more tracks, or cars, or something else.

n/e way, i've heard the old porsche game was pretty hot, though i must admit i haven't played it, my boy was digging on it a while back.....
 #4 
Old 2002-06-15, 12:00
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: *SIGH*

Try Pro Race Driver. It owns. The cardamage is as realistic as it gets.
 #5 
Old 2002-06-21, 04:10
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: *SIGH*

I know you're kidding about Lotus Turbo Challenge.

I still have nightmares about that crackly "Yeehah!!". I dream that those damn yellow and purple cars are after me...

The best thing in the entire game was the half-second scene of the Lotus flashing its lights before the race.


BTW: If you're more concerned with fun than realism, I seem to recall Need for Speed 3 having some rather nice supercars. I want that Jag.
 #6 
Old 2002-06-23, 07:03
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: *SIGH*

quote:
Originally posted by XeNobiTe:
Try Pro Race Driver. It owns. The cardamage is as realistic as it gets.



does it have perfect realism (in driving physics, like gran tourismo)? ferrari, Jaguar, Lambo, Bugatti, and all those other types?
I somehow doubt it.

oh yeah, Reactor, that was a fuckin sweet game. I remember opening up the extra tracks, and driving the 550 maranello around that weird half-pipe course thingy. hella fun flipping it around.
...
I need to get a PSX. screw the PC version, I don't want bugs n' crap, and I loved the PS control. it was perfect.


later, all!

TR
 #7 
Old 2002-06-23, 07:28
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: *SIGH*

This game has total realism, insane damage effects CRAZY ASS graphics. And it's both on the pc as on the PS2.
[URL=http://www.codemasters.com/redirect/redirect.php?url=/tocaracedriver/english/front.htm]http://www.codemasters.com/redirect/redirect.php?url=/tocaracedriver/english/front.htm[/ URL]

edit: if you have a high end pc donwload the demo.

[This message has been edited by XeNobiTe (edited 06-23-2002).]
 #8 
Old 2002-06-23, 20:09
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: *SIGH*

oh, yes, i've heard about it. what's the minimum requirements? I only have 64 MB of ram, 700 MHZ, 20 GB hard drive. If it's more then that, forget it. I'll just go find a PSX and get nfs 3. it's better then the PC vers., having played both.
 #9 
Old 2002-06-23, 20:41
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: *SIGH*

If you don't have at least 128 meg ram you can forget about this game. What kind of video card do you have?

I've also played NFS III on the pc as well as on the PSX and let me tell you there is NO diffrence (except slightly in graphics). All EA games are the same on the consoles as on the PC.

 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics