About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Games People Play
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Games People Play Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-06-12, 19:51
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default IT'S HERE

http://www.sharereactor.com/release.php?id=1832

IT'S FINALLY HERE. I CAN'T WAIT NO LONGER TO PLAY IT
 #2 
Old 2002-06-12, 21:33
Mack Mack is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IT'S HERE

SO have ya tried it, does it work?
 #3 
Old 2002-06-12, 21:49
segue segue is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IT'S HERE

i cant even download it, is it anywhere else on the internet?
 #4 
Old 2002-06-13, 03:30
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IT'S HERE

I didn't give you the link so you can download it. I'm not trying to spread warez. I only wanted to tell how fast the E3 Betas are getting leeched.

I'm getting it now, but with my slow connection, It's gonna take about 3 days to download
 #5 
Old 2002-06-13, 19:28
Syntex Syntex is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IT'S HERE

I am looking for members for a mod I will be making for UT2003

 #6 
Old 2002-06-13, 20:28
segue segue is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IT'S HERE

ah, i misunderstood, got to excited to see ut2003, now you have to post and tell us how it is...
 #7 
Old 2002-06-14, 07:47
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IT'S HERE

Well, I'm still d/l it. Just another 36 hours to go.
 #8 
Old 2002-06-16, 05:01
ChibiMiko ChibiMiko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IT'S HERE

iv had it for least like 4 days now, havnt played it tho...to busy with warcraft 3 YAY I LOVE YOU GUYS AT RAZOR!!!

[This message has been edited by ChibiMiko (edited 06-16-2002).]
 #9 
Old 2002-06-16, 06:25
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IT'S HERE

Tell me. Is WarCraft III really that good? I'd download it but I wan't to be shure that I'd like it. If it's anything like StarCraft I would like it.
 #10 
Old 2002-06-16, 15:09
ChibiMiko ChibiMiko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IT'S HERE

well...first....its pretty much like an adv ver of starcraft...and yes the map editor is even better, iv havnt played online being that i wouldent get to play online with my crappy cd-key (and the fact that it dont officaly come out tell julr 3rd :P, and I dont think there is a piratible server yet for the FINAL Warcraft3 only BETA at this ti,me...(wait a week) so iv only played like to mission....9 in human campain (they make you do it in order) its pretty fun.....

but you need a pretty good system to play it here ill get you a link to a real review
http://www.isonews.com/firstlook.php3?firstlookid=1377
 #11 
Old 2002-06-16, 17:56
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IT'S HERE

The system isn't a problem , and I'm dowloading the game. If for nothing else, then for the map editor. I just love the starcraft editor.
 #12 
Old 2002-06-17, 09:00
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IT'S HERE

THIS GAME OWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT OWNS MY ASS, IT OWNS YOUR ASS. IT JUST KICK BUT BIG TIME. IT'S STILL AN E3 BETA, BUT IT KICK MAJOR LEAGEUE ASSS.

OK OK calm down,..... breathe. Shit man.

Okok, well, it's practically the same as UT, only 500X times better. Most weapons from UT are still there (rocket luncher, the puls rifle thingie,...) but they're a kazillion times better. The graphics just RULE. The sound owns and the game uses AC3 format, so if you're in possesion of an soundblaster audigy, whit 5.1 desktop theater speakers like myself, you will have the best sound expirience in a game ever. The music from UT was verry popular, well this is even better.

Now here comes the best part. THE GAMEPLAY. It's not really tactical like CS, it's just plain out HARCORE shootin action. I can't describe the gameplay man, you have to see it for yourself. When I played it fot the first, it was like an upcomming heroin frenzy man, THIS GAME OWNS ME.

I highly reccomend you to download this E3 Beta (you should be able to find it, and if you don't then you're a noob and don't even bother, so fuck you). And when the game gets release I ORDER YOU TO BUY IT. The developers deserve your money. This is going to be the best online multiplayer expirience. I as a huge CS fan have to admit that this game will push it right off the top 1 online played games. Well, I still have a tons of things to say, but I can't seen as how I MUST PLAY THIS SHIT.
 #13 
Old 2002-06-17, 22:58
ChibiMiko ChibiMiko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IT'S HERE

quote:
Originally posted by XeNobiTe:
THIS GAME OWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT OWNS MY ASS, IT OWNS YOUR ASS. IT JUST KICK BUT BIG TIME. IT'S STILL AN E3 BETA, BUT IT KICK MAJOR LEAGEUE ASSS.

OK OK calm down,..... breathe. Shit man.

Okok, well, it's practically the same as UT, only 500X times better. Most weapons from UT are still there (rocket luncher, the puls rifle thingie,...) but they're a kazillion times better. The graphics just RULE. The sound owns and the game uses AC3 format, so if you're in possesion of an soundblaster audigy, whit 5.1 desktop theater speakers like myself, you will have the best sound expirience in a game ever. The music from UT was verry popular, well this is even better.

Now here comes the best part. THE GAMEPLAY. It's not really tactical like CS, it's just plain out HARCORE shootin action. I can't describe the gameplay man, you have to see it for yourself. When I played it fot the first, it was like an upcomming heroin frenzy man, THIS GAME OWNS ME.

I highly reccomend you to download this E3 Beta (you should be able to find it, and if you don't then you're a noob and don't even bother, so fuck you). And when the game gets release I ORDER YOU TO BUY IT. The developers deserve your money. This is going to be the best online multiplayer expirience. I as a huge CS fan have to admit that this game will push it right off the top 1 online played games. Well, I still have a tons of things to say, but I can't seen as how I MUST PLAY THIS SHIT.



What's your spec's...I have a crappy TNT2 *shiver* and only like 128MB SDRAM

[This message has been edited by ChibiMiko (edited 06-17-2002).]
 #14 
Old 2002-06-18, 03:23
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IT'S HERE

1.4 gig (overclocked to 1.5), 256 meg, geforce 4 ti 4600, sb audigy platinum.

I must say that the game runs fine. What's weird is that is runs much smoother under winxp than under win98. There are quite some bugs thought. The game smotime gives "no label" errors and somtimes just goes from fullscreen to a window. Apart from those major bogs, the game is fine.
Some things aren't finished yet, like the players models/skins, and the taunt sounds are the same as in UT.

[This message has been edited by XeNobiTe (edited 06-19-2002).]
 #15 
Old 2002-06-20, 04:58
ChibiMiko ChibiMiko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IT'S HERE

quote:
Originally posted by XeNobiTe:
1.4 gig (overclocked to 1.5), 256 meg, geforce 4 ti 4600, sb audigy platinum.

I must say that the game runs fine. What's weird is that is runs much smoother under winxp than under win98. There are quite some bugs thought. The game smotime gives "no label" errors and somtimes just goes from fullscreen to a window. Apart from those major bogs, the game is fine.
Some things aren't finished yet, like the players models/skins, and the taunt sounds are the same as in UT.

[This message has been edited by XeNobiTe (edited 06-19-2002).]



DAMN....thats one fuckin fine comp.....but with your power....get some more RAM....and is that DDR or SD
 #16 
Old 2002-06-20, 10:28
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IT'S HERE

SD ,but I'm gonna buy an new motherboard afther the summervacation so that doesn't really matter.
 #17 
Old 2002-06-20, 11:04
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IT'S HERE

Ppffffft, this game is starting to bore me. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game and all but it's starting to get boring. Maybe it's because I've played it so much these few days (even thought I'm still doing my exams ). I think I'll take a litlle break.
 #18 
Old 2002-06-21, 03:59
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: IT'S HERE

Damn. I got Warcraft 3 and UT2003 the same day. Warcraft rocks. Duh.

UT- Fun. Seems faster than the first, more of a Quake rhythm to it. The rocket launcher has been chopped to just a three-round fire, and it helps to balance things. The assault rifle grenades need to be more powerful, since they're so damn hard to hit with. You need to be able to fire them after you run out of bullets, as well. The lightning gun should be a one-hit kill in zoom mode, I think. The shock rifle is prettier than ever, and works just as well. The minigun is a bit confusing, as it now seems to fire faster in primary mode than secondary.

The AI is nasty...

Anyone gotten a network game up? Doesn't work for me, maybe it's not implemented in this demo. I'd like to try out the link gun.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics