About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Games People Play
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Games People Play Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
This particular thread is a partial recovery - page 1 of its original capture was never archived, so some posts from that page are missing below.
 #1 
Old 2002-08-10, 22:01
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Should I buy an Xbox, PS2 or neither?

by the way, if you're pressed for money, i recommend the Dreamcast. excellent gaming at a cheap price, and some of the graphics rival some of last years best PC games. there are plenty of great games to get, as well.


one final thought: WHY THE HELL DO YOU CARE IF A SYSTEM IS SUCSESSFUL? who gives a damn? take the aforementioned DC. it didn't do very well in its 3rd year. yet, it still has some of the greatest games ever? just because not very many people buy it doesn't automatically mean that it sucks, you know.
 #2 
Old 2002-08-13, 02:24
hockey hair 02 hockey hair 02 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Should I buy an Xbox, PS2 or neither?

for all you guys wanting to throw money around on new systems, have you ever thought of going into the closet and pulling out your dusty nes or snes? super mario, donkey kong, those are classics. you will get just as many if not more hours playing it, considering if you want new games they're 2 bucks as opposed to 60 or 70. you might also want to try out teenage mutant ninja turtles: turtles in time. in my opinion one of the best games ever made.
 #3 
Old 2002-08-13, 03:07
Regular
 
Default Re: Should I buy an Xbox, PS2 or neither?

The nes? I loved the nes and I believe the best games for the nes is blaster master, the search for doctor livingston and I had another game that was great but I forget the name of it. Treasure hunt or something.

While we are on the subject of hardware, I have a birdbrained question.

Is it possible to build my own console that can play ps2, psx, gc and xbox games all in one?
 #4 
Old 2002-08-13, 12:42
Moderator
 
Through the looking glass
Default Re: Should I buy an Xbox, PS2 or neither?

You could just buy all of them, buy a cardboard box, and hide them inside the box, cutting out holes for the controller ports and where the games go. Maybe even label the box "Big Box O' Fun!"
 #5 
Old 2002-08-13, 17:45
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Should I buy an Xbox, PS2 or neither?

oh yeah, then if you want, theres the older stuff. I prefer genesis, and the NES. SNES is cool too, but I never got to play that one all that much.

But then, doesn't it get old after awhile?sure, busting out the old favs. every now and then can be great, but for how long?

I love the old stuff as much as everybody else, but would you rather play the same looping 3 levels of donkey kong for 10 hours, or perhaps playing Halo for the same amount of time, and only getting about 50% through the game! and still having not tackled the impressive Multiplayer aspect ( provided you have friends).
or perhaps busting some moves in tony hawk 3. you can waste whole days playing that game!

It's all a matter of technology. on older systems, you didn't have the stuff to make such large and replayable games you can get nowadays.


good day!
 #6 
Old 2002-08-17, 21:50
Null Null is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Should I buy an Xbox, PS2 or neither?

spend a little more and get a modchip installed for whatever you decide to buy so you never have to buy the games, i have a modded ps2 and i only buy games if i find the game to be very good....or buy a dreamcast, theyre cheap and they have a great game library.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics