About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Games People Play
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Games People Play Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-05-24, 15:28
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

I donwloaded the demo (don't really know why) and was expecting the usual crap, but WOW. I usually don't like console games imported to the PC (crappy graphics, shitty controls, you know the regular colsole shit). I'm not even a skater, but I just can't stop playing this game. I hooked to this shit. Motorhead with ace of spades playing in the background, crazy ass jumps and trick (the geam really lacks realism, but is still freakin like it).

Anyone else played the game? If so, what is your opinion?
 #2 
Old 2002-05-24, 15:37
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

I have the ps2 version, and I love it..

seriously fun game to play, especially once you get the hang of things..
 #3 
Old 2002-05-24, 15:47
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

I find it pretty easy to play. In the demo, you can only play in the foundry (or something like that). If you get 60.000 or more you get like a sick score. First time I got 52.800, 2nd time 89.000 , so pretty easy. Still alot of fun.
 #4 
Old 2002-05-27, 01:39
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

you realize that the bulk of the console games control better than 90 % of PC games???
That's one major reason why I don't like PC games: CRAP control.


And THPS3 kicks ass. I have the pleasure of playing the second one on my DC all the time.
 #5 
Old 2002-05-27, 06:13
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

quote:
Originally posted by Township Rebellion:
you realize that the bulk of the console games control better than 90 % of PC games???
That's one major reason why I don't like PC games: CRAP control.



AND HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO PLAY COUNTER-STRIKE ON A FREAKIN GAMEPAD? ONE DAY, IF CONSOLES COME WITH A MOUSE AND A KEYBOARD AND IF I CAN BLAY ONLINE. I JUST MIGH BUY ONE.

Besides I can play THPS3 great on my keyboard as well as my 6 gamepads. (Once you get used to it the keyboard is much easier to play on).
 #6 
Old 2002-06-11, 16:37
Nismo Nismo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

As far as control goes, keyboards + mice are better for First Person Shooters and the like, while gamepads are better for games like THPS 3 where turn speed is limited regardless of hand speed.

Did you know that thile you are stalling, you can press combinations such as <- <- grind, <--> grind, and so on to revert to different stalls? works with casper type manuals too.
 #7 
Old 2002-06-11, 18:03
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

Pst, xenobite, the sega dreamcast had that one sewn up over a year ago.. mouse, keyboard, playonline..

 #8 
Old 2002-06-11, 18:09
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

Dreamcast used to rule, only:

-Crapy games and too few of em
-A console should have the option te be hooked to a monitor. Playing on a tv screen sucks because the resolution is so fuckin crapy you can't make out the details. But then again, if you hook up a console to a monitor, you see the crapy graphics.
 #9 
Old 2002-06-11, 20:53
segue segue is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

keyboard and mouse are the only way to go, gamepads suck, except for fighting games,
 #10 
Old 2002-06-12, 06:18
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

And sport games.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics