About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Games People Play
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Games People Play Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-03-26, 22:53
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default It's official: Super Mario World SUCKS!

What the hell is wrong with this game? How come I can't jump while running? Why do I have to let go of the D-pad to do so? What he hell is WRONG with this thing?
fuck it
I'll go find mario 3.
 #2 
Old 2002-03-26, 23:06
Regular
 
Default Re: It's official: Super Mario World SUCKS!

wtf?!!

I hate you!!
 #3 
Old 2002-03-26, 23:10
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: It's official: Super Mario World SUCKS!

I'm sorry, I just don't like my games to have screwy control. the first 3 marios let you jump whilst running, how come this thing won't? not being able really hampers the experience.

Ciao
 #4 
Old 2002-03-27, 09:28
d0m d0m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: It's official: Super Mario World SUCKS!

sounds like we got a HATER up in here
 #5 
Old 2002-03-27, 17:18
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: It's official: Super Mario World SUCKS!

You sir, are an idiot. If you couldn't run and jump at the same time, the cape would be near worthless. Check the controller, it sounds like it has crossed wires or some shit like that.
 #6 
Old 2002-03-27, 17:26
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: It's official: Super Mario World SUCKS!

hmm... Actually, this is emulation. I don't have a SNES, and getting one up here is like trying to look for a vintage ferrari...
But we all know that a rom isn't an imitation, it's the real game, and then I went and got SMB.3, and it won't let me run and jump either!!! these emulators SUCK!!!

Ciao
 #7 
Old 2002-03-27, 22:31
Zirius Zirius is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: It's official: Super Mario World SUCKS!

go get you self a super nintendo and then you can run and jump
 #8 
Old 2002-03-28, 17:45
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: It's official: Super Mario World SUCKS!

Download a better emulator.
 #9 
Old 2002-03-28, 23:02
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: It's official: Super Mario World SUCKS!

Alright, new question: Is there a better emulator than zsnes? And for NES, I got NESticle (chuckle and gaffaw) and apparently it's the best there is. But the emulator gives out crap sound, and to suffers from "no run and jump" syndrome. Help me out, here!

PS. I told you, trying to find a SNES is nearly impossible, and Anyways I'm lazy to go search. also, I'm broke.
 #10 
Old 2002-03-29, 05:24
Sugmrly Sugmrly is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: It's official: Super Mario World SUCKS!

Pawnshops usually have one or two snes's laying around.
 #11 
Old 2002-04-04, 04:14
Nismo Nismo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: It's official: Super Mario World SUCKS!

Why are you using ZSNES? I use SNES9x, and it works just fine. DOS based emulators should only be used on low end machines anyway...
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics