About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Games People Play
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Games People Play Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-12-10, 10:04
Fred Madison Fred Madison is offline
Regular
 
Default GameCube, X-Box

Did anyone buy one of these systems? Gonna or you nonna? What are your opinions on them? I'm going to get the GameCube. It's more cute.
 #2 
Old 2001-12-11, 14:02
Regular
 
the happy land of australia
Default Re: GameCube, X-Box

don't get either, id get a ps2. micorsoft is the devil and nintendo specialises in crapy kiddy games like mario. it might be hard to find a console to buy just on its own anyway. they are bundling like theres no tommorow to rise games sold numbers.
 #3 
Old 2001-12-11, 19:17
Moderator
 
Default Re: GameCube, X-Box

quote:
Originally posted by RAOVQ:
nintendo specialises in crapy kiddy games like mario


LMAO!

 #4 
Old 2001-12-11, 23:24
Life_sucks Life_sucks is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GameCube, X-Box

Hell, there is no point arguing about which is better. here is my reasoning: THEY ARE ALL GOOD!!! they all have excellent games, are incredibly powerful, and other such shitloads of goodness.
Microsofty is not the devil, and Nintendo doesn't just make kiddy crap. (rogue leader, resident evil, perfect dark, metroid prime? that isn't kiddy!) PS2 has many sweet games (i drool at the thought of MGS2), And game boy advance is a mini super nintendo (woo hoo!)

There is no point for any of you to argue, saying "uh uh, microsoft sux" or "nintendo rulz!" or "I love playstation" or "XBOX ROCK THE WORLD!" or whatever else. they are ALL good, and unfortunately, there is no way anyone can argue.

ciao!

------------------
"When Torturing someone, Allways remove their fingers first. That way, They won't be able to escape."

(Wednesday, Addams Family)
 #5 
Old 2001-12-12, 13:29
Regular
 
the happy land of australia
Default Re: GameCube, X-Box

this is funny http://www.brunching.com/features/consolefaqk.html
 #6 
Old 2001-12-12, 20:42
Life_sucks Life_sucks is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GameCube, X-Box

I've made a decision: I'm getting an XBOX. I tried it, and it's actually kinda fun. (I have big hands, so the controller is nice) And apperantly Shenmue 2 is coming out for it. I'll probably go for a PS2 next, then I'll get a gamecube once Resident Evil and Perfect dark come out. Video game heaven!

That url is funny, btw.
 #7 
Old 2001-12-19, 22:10
soullace soullace is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GameCube, X-Box

"Microsofty is not the devil"

Yes they are and don't try to deny it :]

Square is linked to Sony, so if your into FF then i would suggest a PS2.
 #8 
Old 2001-12-20, 01:57
surealyst surealyst is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GameCube, X-Box

Gamecube is kiddy. PS2 really sucks ass. Slow loading time, game graphics horrible and the games are nothing we haven't seen b4. I recently bought an XBOX and if you get one you wont be dissapointed. Trust me.

------------------
Of all that i have lost I miss my mind the most.
Emanual Goldstein(Hackers)
 #9 
Old 2001-12-20, 09:27
Fred Madison Fred Madison is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GameCube, X-Box

Well, actually every system is kiddy, since it is played by a shitload of kids. Most kids also are the ones that are playing the violent and bloody stuff. Anyway, the Gamecube will have future titles such as Duke Nukem Forever, RE, RE 0, RE 4, Soul Calibur 2, Perfect Dark, another Turok, and of course more that are in that violent and bloody category.

Now since Nintendo is putting some great violent and bloody games on the Gamecube with some non-violent classic stuff like Mario Sunshine and Legend of Zelda: Whatever,
I'm very inclined to buy the Gamecube. I love Mario and Zelda.

The PS2 is fine. The graphics aren't horrible... not even when compared to the 2 other systems. How are the graphics horrible?
The loading times do bug me just a little bit though. I already bought the PS2 since it had a dvd player and was able to play the old PS1 games. How are the loading times on the X-Box?

Some reasons why I choose the Gamecube over the X-Box is because of the games, the price, the compact shape and design, and Nintendo's great reputation in the game business. The bulkiness of the X-Box turns me off. But as Life_sucks said, they are all great. I need to get a Gameboy Advance... they're gonna have Super Mario World on it.
 #10 
Old 2001-12-21, 04:39
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GameCube, X-Box

i agree that microsoft is evil and i dont really trust them but i think x box is still better than the game cube. look at the games for it now. there are lots of sweet x box games like halo.i havent seen anything from nintendo thus far. as far as ps2 i think it is the most sound choice. good graphics old psx games and dvd makes for a good over all system. also i like and trust sony. i think the gba is worthless. if you want something good for your money buy an old laptop. sure you wont play games on it but you can do other things for the same amout of money. no matter what you buy it will stil suck in comparison to the pc. pc is the best platform ever and no one can deny that.
 #11 
Old 2001-12-21, 10:28
Fred Madison Fred Madison is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GameCube, X-Box

It doesn't matter what games the systems have out thus far, unless you plan on buying a system now and the other in the future. There will be more games.

The GBA goes for about $100. And like the PS2 it is able to run old Gameboy games along with new Gameboy Advance games. There's already a huge library of games for it. I'll have to wait until they release a black colored version before I buy one though. Oh yeah, it can connect into the Gamecube for another controller and for transferring data. More fun.

Consoles don't suck in comparison to a PC. They release a lot of games for the PC but they release a lot for consoles that don't go to the PC. A PC also crashes. In comparison of what a console and a PC can do of anything... a PC is better. When talking about just gaming, a console is better. BUT, the PC is the main machine for first-person-shooters. I love those. For the PC you have Doom 3 and Quake 4 to look foward to. Heh, Macintosh is better.

[This message has been edited by Fred Madison (edited 12-21-2001).]
 #12 
Old 2001-12-23, 04:27
biot biot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GameCube, X-Box

im not buying shit but if i could choose one i'd get the xbox. yeah well i said, well i said well, well ALL RIGHT!!!! ba dumpum chhhh YEAH!
 #13 
Old 2001-12-24, 05:18
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GameCube, X-Box

i have a lot of console games but nothing matches the quality of pc games. the graphics the gameplay and the control is so much better on pc. if i were you i would just upgrade my system (unless its a mac then i would throw it away and buy a pc).
 #14 
Old 2002-01-02, 22:13
Garrison Garrison is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GameCube, X-Box

I grabbed a Cube first because it's cheap, and I don't regret it. I have full intentions on picking up a PS2, but I don't think they're worth $300 so I'll be getting one used or waiting for them to drop (they're bound to soon, they've been out for a year and have to compete with Nintendo). A few points:

PS2:
-cd player
-dvd player (some incompatibility, but being fixed)
-ton of games
-average size
-familiar controls
-can play old ps1 games
-still kinda expensive
-easy broadband connection

Gamecube:
-small, portable
-resident evil contract
-tiny discs will help to push technology to mini-cds
-reliable
-controller confusing at first, but with time proves functional
-4 controller ports
-expansion slots
-cheap
-made for developers

Xbox:
-dvd/cd player
-ultra-powerful
-absurdly huge
-known to overheat and MELT
-controller uncomfortable after long play
-microsoft is 100% evil
-hard to develop for, a mistake which should have been learned after N64
-expensive
-fun factor on MS's computer games? nonexistent.
-buggy, almost all users have experienced it's "green screen of death" (my gcube has yet to lock up, freeze, error, or skip a beat)

Those are a lot of the criteria I went over and think I've made the right decision. I might not have gotten a GameCube if not for the RE contract but I'm sure there will be
many more exclusive games which will make my measly $220 worthwhile. The fact that the other systems also have DVD players is great, and it's one less item you'll need in your entertainment system. I figure that compensates for about $100 in their prices. I'm very certain that I will avoid the Xbox by any means necessary, but this is a whole new console war and I'm sure the people that wasted their money on it will stick by it to the death if the past has taught us anything.
 #15 
Old 2002-01-03, 02:13
Regular
 
the happy land of australia
Default Re: GameCube, X-Box

i hate that shit of microsoft making a whle new format just to suit themselves. cds and dvds are good enough for a game. a dvd has potential to hold 12gig. the only reason that there doing this is to stop pirates, so they can continue to bleed the poor unsuspecting fools.
 #16 
Old 2002-01-03, 03:20
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GameCube, X-Box

Garrison, tell me, do you talk out of your ass and make these kind of random accusations often, or do you ever base the things you say on ACTUAL fact?.

Xbox hard to develop for? Er, where on EARTH did you hear that? Xbox as a console is most similar to PC, it's designed to be that way, precisely so that it becomes EASIER for people to develop games for it, and easier to port pc games to and from it. It's universally acknowledged that out of the Gen 2 consoles, PS2 is the hardest to develop for, partly because of its limitations on video ram, which "Developers will get used to and it's really more than they need". Which is what Sony claim, however, developers have had great difficulties in developing for ps2, which led to games migrating from that to other systems, games such as Munch's Oddysee, heard of that? Yeah, it's a launch title on Xbox.

PS2 easy broadband connection? Have you actually cracked open a PS2 and looked for the modem? Hmm?

Yeah, that's right, there ISN'T one. PS2 doesn't come with one yet, and in fact, you can't even buy one to stick in it yet either. Quite how the nonexistance of a PS2 modem in this country is "easy broadband connection" I don't know.

I could go into the specs of the consoles too, but I won't since you didn't. I'll just go onto the other points you make.

Let's see, the gamecube. Tiny discs to push technology to mini-cds. Hmm, yeah, I can see how adding extra cost onto the price of the game, since it's more expensive to produce, is good for the consumer

About all the resident evil contract may do is sell a few games to people who don't know anything cept what they've seen before. Heard about HALO?. I have, and I have yet to hear anything negative about it, everyone I know who has played it, loves it. Resident evil is really, seriously, NOT WORTH buying a console for.

How is the gamecube more "reliable" than any of the other consoles? It's barely out of the box for ANYONE yet, so how do you know it's reliable, unless you're just talking about what the manufacturer says.

Xbox ALSO has 4 controller ports, not that I've ever really needed to use a multitap with my playstation in the years I've had it, but hey, if you're going to use it as a plus for the gamecube, how come you don't mention it for the xbox?.

Gamecube is most likely to die out of all the gen 2 consoles imo, because nintendo has proven time and time again, their lack of ability to attract decent games across all genres, which is a major failing. Sorry, but I just don't want to buy a console for racing, sports, and kiddy games. Half the reason the playstation was so successful was the sheer diversity of games available. Much as I slam Final Fantasy, FF7 really sold an awful lot of playstations, square support behind a console is not something that should be neglected, it carries substantial weight to a lot of consumers out there. There really are people who will buy a ps2 simply because that's what ff10 is coming out on.

Xbox, yeah, I don't particularly like the size, it's a definite detractor for me, but since my consoles spend a lot of time on the floor anyway, not a major problem.

Known to melt?. A problem that's been corrected, the first batch only did that, it's been fixed. So a problem that no longer exists is hardly a reason not to buy a console.

Controller uncomfortable? PS2 controller is the best out of all the controllers I've ever used, but uncomfortable? It's smaller than the DC controller, which I never had a problem with, and doesn't feel weird to me.

Ahh, of course, Microsoft is planning to sell all our souls to the devil as part of the xbox contract.

Until they start selling xboxes as non-bundles, yeah they're expensive, but the actual console is about the same price as the ps2, which wasn't that bad really, since both consoles play dvds, which the game cube doesn't do.

How does the computer games that microsoft has developed in the past reflect on the gamecube? Oh, just in case you think it does, can you name who made the most successful flight simulator game of all time?.
Uhuh.

"almost all users"
Please cite your source for these wondrous statistics?. I wouldn't doubt you, except that pretty much everything you've said so far has been bullshit, so I'm just wanting to make sure that you're talking from the correct orifice this time.

Basically though, I don't really see one console as standing above and beyond the rest. I like my ps2 so far, although the slow load times have bothered me on some games, something the xbox doesn't suffer from quite as badly. I like the games that are being developed for the ps2, so far nothing exclusive on xbox really has me dying to buy one, although I probably will get hold of one sooner or later, to add to my console collection. Gamecube? I could go for an awfully long time before I really want to touch that. Nintendo games just really don't do it for me. And at the end of the day, really, the console you choose has far more to do with the games you can play on it than it's specs, price, and anything else. Sony has proven in the past that they have great developer support, Microsoft has worked on that too, Nintendo? Eh. You know in the entire history of the N64, exactly how many RPGs were released for it? According to nintendo, 10. And one of those is pokemon stadium, one is a strategy rpg (similar to FF tactics).

Given that RPG is the genre I play more than any other, that's a rather disappointing statistic don't you think?.

So, next time you want to "discuss" the plus and minus points of a console, maybe you'd like to recheck your facts first.


 #17 
Old 2002-01-05, 20:23
Garrison Garrison is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GameCube, X-Box

Wintermute,

The smaller CDs do NOT increase the cost of the games, all titles for Gamecube are MSRP $50 right now. When Sega Genesis came out it wasn't uncommon for some games to be $75-80. They're keeping a relatively low-cost standard right now, and I doubt they'll be a price-hike on them.

I helped my friend configure his PS2 for THPS3 connection. I bought a $4 networking card, installed it, and routed his cable modem to the PS2. This took about 4 minutes, and seemed rather easy to me.

Yes, the XBox specs exceed those of the PS2 and even the Cube slightly. I mentioned that, but it's not really something to dwell on if the games fail to reflect that.

You're entitled to your opinion on Resident Evil vs. HALO, but GameCube has a contract for remakes of all the originals + 4 additions to the series, and you can be sure they'll make them all. They've all already been in development for years in advance, but there's no guarantee you'll be seeing 4 more HALO games.

I wasn't sure that Xbox had 4 controller ports. Kudos to you.

With N64 I could agree with the kiddy games, but regardless of your Resident Evil opinions, a LOT of gamers love that series and will be buying GameCubes. Good points on the FF series, I'm sure it will help Sony out a lot though I'm not a big fan of that series either.

Melting consoles is a big bad first impression. If they overlooked something this big when they released it I'm sure there are plenty of things they missed. Something like 63,000 KNOWN glitches in Windows ME? Even the ones they know about they don't care enough to fix them.

I personally find the Xbox controller a bit uncomfortable. It's not a determining factor on the system, but it's worth mentioning. Even though I chose Sega Genesis during that console period, SNES had a much better controller. XBox's controller is similar shaped to that of a Sega Genesis, with size closer to the Dreamcast's which many people complained about and might have been part of the reason it failed. I don't know what it was about Sega and their bad controllers...

Yes, Microsoft is the devil.

Because Microsoft developed ONE successful flight sim (how popular is flight simulation among real gamers again?) many years back, doesn't mean they'll have a broad line of successful titles for everyone's tastes. That one success came out of a huge amount of failures.

If you buy an Xbox, you'll see that screen. I still use Windows for most tasks, and I still occasionally see the blue screen, which is more than I should have to. This reflects on everything MS creates, and the very fact that they make this stylish new screen is problem because they know that you'll more than likely see it. Instead of having this screen to fall back on they should have fixed the problems that could have caused this screen to appear. I have friends with Xboxes, and they've all seen the screen, and I've watched it happen in a BestBuy. How much time do you really think I spent watching that BestBuy monitor in comparison to how much time a gamer will spend on their system?

I enjoyed the Mario games (save those stupid Kart-racing types), the Zelda games, and of course the Resident Evil series (which will attract more of the survival horror and similar genres to the console, I'm sure). These are sure to be seen on the GC, and I'm sure there'll be more.

Yes, I agree.

I think I just did.
 #18 
Old 2002-01-05, 22:31
The_New_Guy The_New_Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GameCube, X-Box

I think x-box is the best I got one for christmas as well as Halo (kicks ass) and Tony Hawk 2 X. Frankly I think that X-Box is going to get so much support that everyone will be making games for it. The graphics are AMAZING. I dont know what the hell is up with your hate for the controllers, i love them. I think that the PS2 controllers sort of hurt your hands. My choice in systems Is:
1. X-Box
2. Gamecube
3. PS2
 #19 
Old 2002-01-05, 22:53
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GameCube, X-Box

Did you actually take a look at Zelda recently?

*shudders*

Sorry, but Mario games (Spyro is a FAR superior platform game), Resident evil, and Zelda, is STILL not enough to support a console.

I mean, geez, have you taken a look at Kinetica for example? Or Soul Reaver 2?.. Gamecube has NOTHING to compare. Soul Reaver 2 is an utterly amazing game.

Regardless, YOU had to help your friend configure his PS2 for a connection, which is non-standard and non-supported by sony, and probably invalidates the warranty on the system. That's not easy. Most people wouldn't know where to start.

The FF series will easily outsell RE. I'm not even a big fan of square, but Final Fantasy consistently performs well regardless of the actual quality of the games.

So a few consoles overheated. Lots of early playstations were recalled, all systems get redesigned over time and bug-fixed. I have a later model PSX and I still have problems with it every so often.

Microsoft has developed more than one successful game, I was just using that as an example. And every gaming company makes failures, believe me, I've seen some UTTER crap in the time I've been reviewing games for the 3 sites I have. NO company consistently releases gems, more often than not, the majority is crap, with a few great games interspersed between them. Why do you think series are so popular? Your much vaunted Resident evil series gets made because the first game was successful, so they clone the format, improve a few things, and there you go, guaranteed hit. It's much harder to make a good original game.

And I didn't say that the cds being more expensive made the games more expensive, but it does filter through, SOMEONE bears the extra cost, so hey, if you like losing a dollar per game's worth of development costs, go for it, but personally I'll go with the standard size CDs that are cheap to produce, so the games are of better quality.

Regardless, you chose the console you want, but they're all roughly equal, with strengths and weaknesses. Time will tell which will rule the roost, but I'm betting an AWFUL lot it's not going to be the GC.
 #20 
Old 2002-01-06, 02:13
Fred Madison Fred Madison is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GameCube, X-Box

The game that veered me a lot towards the GameCube at this time was Rogue Squadron 2. I wouldn't have gotten the GC at this time if it had not been there.

I think Mario Sunshine, NEW RE sequels, Eternal Darkness, Zelda, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Star Fox: Dinosaur Planet, Metroid Prime, Turok: Evolution, and Perfect Dark Zero are some of the big games that are enough to support the GC.

I don't think the GC will be at the top either. There's a good chance Nintendo will be at the top though. They do have 2 systems.
 #21 
Old 2002-01-06, 02:16
Garrison Garrison is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GameCube, X-Box

Double post, my thoughts:

Majora's Mask definitely lacked what The Legend of Zelda (NES) and Ocarina of Time (N64) had. The Adventure of Link (NES) is also one of those games that no matter how hard I tried, I felt disgusted to even play it. It was crap, I agree, but it's a series with potential.

It's not enough to fully support a console, but they're enough to get it started. Of course Nintendo will be supporting these titles fully, but I'm sure you understand there will be much more and new titles will emerge.

I thought the first Legacy of Kain was crap. Soul Reaver 2 is quite a good game, but I never bashed the PS2, you need only defend the Xbox. I thought I mentioned I was planning on buying a PS2 because of it's vast amount of titles.

I'm sure he could have done it himself, I'm assuming it would take the average person no more than 15 minutes. Perhaps I'm wrong, I just happened to pick one up for real cheap and figured I'd install it for him. If it invalidates the warranty, that's a bitch. A minute a go you were defending the PS2, and now you're bashing a relative strong point of it, what happened?

I never doubted the FF sales, but I've always doubted their quality. I'm in it for good games, not games that will make the developers the most money.

Blizzard Entertainment's (PC games) had good luck in producing gems lately. Granted, they do nothing but hang onto sequels of their bestsellers. I do enjoy seeing new series do well too, but for the most part I don't mind if the keep a familiar title around without it going stale.

PS2 is already successful, and I'll be one of the people who buys one later than everyone else. I don't think it will be a landslide in any direction, but I think the PS2's specs are already a bit dated and know that Sony is already working on a PS3. Between the Cube and Box, I can't say that I know for a fact GameCube will win the war, but I think there are a lot of things going against Microsoft in this one.
 #22 
Old 2002-01-06, 03:07
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GameCube, X-Box

My only point is that there are pluses and minuses for all the consoles. There are a lot of things I like about my ps2, there are a lot of things I dislike. as I've said, I don't prefer any one specifically, I'd have all 3 if I had the cash at the moment, but since I get sent ps2 games more than the other two consoles at the current moment in time, I got a ps2. I also have a DC, which I like, a psx, a gameboy, sega cd, sega genesis, and pc, obviously. It ALL depends on titles, imo. But since I review games, I have to try out everything. What I objected to most strenuously were the bullshit points you made which totally untrue. People do that all the time to support whichever console they like or dislike, it annoys the fuck out of me. I'm just HONEST about what the consoles offer, and what they lack.

I mean, you've not mentioned the SINGLE BIGGEST flaw in the whole concept of the xbox. You point out all this stupid crap, and ignore the one thing that could really cause it to fail. Know what that is?

 #23 
Old 2002-01-06, 04:20
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: GameCube, X-Box

The Nintendo brand gamecube controllers are very comfortable, they fit most any hand, my friend Jeremy has 3.5 inch fingers and they work for him fine.

I will agree with you on the Zelda, making him an anime paper-mario was almost as bad a move as George Lucas putting NSync'in Episode 2.

But as for all of Nintendo's games being "kiddy", everyone knows that Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat, and Resident Evil were something they would want to expose small children to.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Magneto (edited 01-06-2002).]
 #24 
Old 2002-01-06, 04:53
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GameCube, X-Box

Oooh, fps.

 #25 
Old 2002-01-06, 07:23
Fred Madison Fred Madison is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GameCube, X-Box

I'm not sure if this is correct or not, but the creator of The Legend of Zelda said that this cartoonish version of Zelda is what he had originally envisioned for Zelda. I like it.
 #26 
Old 2002-01-06, 09:57
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: GameCube, X-Box

Shigeru Miyamoto, CEO of Nintendo.

Yeah its what he originally envisioned cause' he's Japaneese and they always have to have the grossly over-exaggurated japanimation things like big raindrop on the head and growing 6 times normal size when they get mad and yell or spontaneously falling down when something stupid happens, emoticons jumping off the head, etc.
 #27 
Old 2002-01-06, 19:29
Garrison Garrison is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GameCube, X-Box

Guess I don't...

The motherboard flaw? For some reason I thought that was resolved before release.

I've also heard it's a Trojan Horse console, but I confess I don't understand how it could steal your information.

You also have to buy "advanced" cables for better performance. Again, I don't understand how that works.

The fact that you have to buy a remote to play DVD is complete BS...

Did I hit it?
 #28 
Old 2002-01-06, 21:14
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GameCube, X-Box

Not even close.
 #29 
Old 2002-01-07, 18:04
Fred Madison Fred Madison is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GameCube, X-Box

What is it?
 #30 
Old 2002-01-07, 21:18
Life_sucks Life_sucks is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GameCube, X-Box

Good lord, What the hell happened here? you're all arguing, Some idiot is saying the PC is best, other people complaining that the Xbox is too big, some fag saying that PS2 has crap graphics AND long loading times(havent you played Jak and Daxter? NO load times!) someone saying that Gamecube has nothing to offer, And, The MOTHER of stupidity, saying that Microsoft is the Devil! And did I hear correctly that the DC controller is bigger than the XBOX controller??? BS!


Oy, you people are idiots. I'm sitting here, looking at you idiots with a sane head, and knowing that you've forgotten what a good game is. I picked up a shitload of old Dreamcast Games for cheap, And instantly changed my mind about getting an XBOX.
-Bangai-o (GET IT!!! FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!)
-Jet Grind radio (Finally, my creative genious is realized!)
-Crazy Taxi (Woohoo!)
Among others. These are the stand outs.

and you think the PC/PS2/GC/XBOX is best! You guys suck!
 #31 
Old 2002-01-08, 00:57
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GameCube, X-Box

Did you bother to read my posts?

I didn't say any particular console was best, I like all the consoles I have.
 #32 
Old 2002-01-08, 18:14
Life_sucks Life_sucks is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GameCube, X-Box

quote:
Originally posted by Wintermute:
Did you bother to read my posts?

I didn't say any particular console was best, I like all the consoles I have.



Actually, YOU in particular are always talking about this game "Kinetica" (every time I come here, that is) I played that game over the holidays, And it left alot too be desired. I'm not saying it's a really horrendous game, but It would be nice to not have to hear about this thing. You want a REALLY good racing game? GT3, F355, gotham, And so on.

now, then, the rest of you are ALWAYS yammering on about which one sucks, which one is cool, and arguing with everyone else, When you could just shut the hell up, and like them all! Wintermute, when I talk of these arguments, I'm talking to everyone.

To settle this:
PC has Rollercoaster tycoon, Half life, and the current strategy game. (I know there's a new one out somewhere)
PS2 has DVD's, Metal gear solid 2, Devil may cry, And GT3.
Gamecube has The upcoming Marios and Zeldas, Resident evil, and slim design.
XBOX has Halo, Gotham Racing, Munchs oddysee, And the only REAL reason why I'm getting an Xbox before the other systems (when I'm through with my DC, that is), Shenmue 2!
And then, Dreamcast. DC= for me. MANY reasons why.

Ciao!
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics