|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Games People Play Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more! |
 |
|
#1
 2001-07-01, 04:22
|
ReBoRn187 
Regular
|
|
|
|
X-pack Diablo II
Who all has it yet? Who is gonna get it? I agree that the new patch fucked over some characters but since I went with necros(NECROS FUCKING RULE) I never had a problem and actuelly liked the new patch. I got the x-pack and I think it fucking kicks ass. Necro and druids all the way mother fuckers. YEAAAHHHH
Wolf Druid (lvl 9) bs/bg/im Necro (lvl 60)
My two main characters.
Well just posting to see who got the x-pack and for those who wont get it to bitch about it and to bitch about blizzard cause they cant deal with change cause they where to into sorcs/multi zons/or ww barbs.
Note: From what I have been seeing so far in the x-pack. Sorc's arent that bad. Was playing with one today and she pretty much killed everything before I got a bs off.
Ok well laters.
|
|
#2
 2001-07-04, 20:36
|
Absolut_Hacker 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: X-pack Diablo II
WTF WHAT ALL IS IT THE FUCKING PACK AND HOW MUCH BETTER DO U THINK IT WILL BE THAN THE SECOND?------------------ 
|
|
#3
 2001-07-04, 22:42
|
Spiffy McBang 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: X-pack Diablo II
I despised Blizzard for the patch, and delayed getting the expansion because of it. My level 73 sorc was useless. She's completely ice/lightning.. when you get to act 4 on hell.. ugh. Take cliff lurkers. Instead of resistant to lightning, they're now immune. All I can hope to do is cast frozen orb, which doesn't work nearly as well now with the casting delay, and glacial spike. If I play in a multiplayer game, I can't hurt them fast enough before they regenerate their life back. It takes an entire load of mana (831 or something) to kill a few of them.
Now, I found out that static field doesn't take bad guys below 50% health on hell. My sorc is utterly and completely fux0red. But.. I got the pack anyway, because a friend got it and it looked so damn good.. and I was gonna get it anyway. I haven't switched my sorc to expansion yet, but unless they allow you to shuffle where your skill points are, she's done. Fire sorcs got a major boost, but when all I have is a level 5 fire wall.. ugh.
Now for the good. I started an assassin, and she absolutely kicks ASS. She's only level 12, but she has a katar with two chipped topazes and a wrist blade with a chipped topaz and a chipped ruby. That's 9-33 damage with one hand, and 12-33 with the other. For being in act 1, that kicks severe ass. The charge-up martial arts are cool too, even at level 1.
The new hirelings are great, too. I equipped the rogue I got for beating Blood Raven with a hunter's bow, and put a chipped emerald in it.. she was doing something like 15-22 damage (base is 1-4). I also put socketed hard leather on her, and a magic skull cap. She had better defense, strength, dex, life, and resistances (in other words, everything) than my assassin. Unfortunately, we ran into a horde of dark lancer minions with a lightning enchanted boss.. and if you die, your hireling still dies too. :\ They're like a real teammate now, though.
|
|
#4
 2001-07-04, 23:59
|
ReBoRn187 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: X-pack Diablo II
Absolut shut the fuck up you babaling idiot.
Yeah I agree with ya. But I have been playing with sorc's on the x-pack and they are doing pretty damn good. I know one sorc(lvl 70 or something) who can go threw act5 hell solo and kill Baal. I thought it was untrue till one guy who was a pali followed her and she did it.
So I think sorc's are better in a way on the x-pack just got to widen there skills and ice orb thing still seems to work pretty damn good.
Since I play on West the most. I got a lvl 35 druid. He kicks totale ass. From going from a werewolf to elements he rules. Armegeddon kicks ass and so does valcano. I know they wont do shit to fire immunes but when you can do 176-244 melee damage right now it aint that bad. Plus dire wolves rule!!! mean lil fucks.
I started a asn but I dont really like it. To melee for me. Plus they seem rather weak other then the shadow and some traps(which note: wont do shit against immunes). The martial arts is ok but rather hard to do, cause if your in a swarm of monsters it will be hard taking out one at a time. I know you can get a shadow but they die rather quick from what I have been told.
Then again this just might be me. O well. Im off to kill some more shit.
NECROS AND DRUIDS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!
Peace
------------------ Life is a tragedy for those who feel. Its a comedy for those who think right. Yet it is a playground for those who kill.
|
|
#5
 2001-07-05, 09:51
|
Spiffy McBang 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: X-pack Diablo II
I don't know about the Shadow Master. According to the Arreat Summit, the Amazon's Valkyrie has 1510 life, about double what it has for the Assassin's helping hand.. but unless the expansion changed it back, the latest patch upped that to over 4,600. If the Shadow Master stays around 700, then she will die pretty fast.. she's a lot more versatile than a Valkyrie, though. I'm going to pump some serious stats into that, along with Phoenix Strike (charge-up skill that adds a ton of elemental damage at high levels) and Dragon Flight (+575% kick damage at level 20). I'm pretty much ignoring traps.. I'll post more as I learn more.
|
|
#6
 2001-07-06, 02:34
|
Revelation 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: X-pack Diablo II
I'm enjoying the xpac.
my lvl 41 druid is great for pvm and lvls like crazy
and my lvl 56 assassin is whooping ass all over the pvp scene
now if only if could find natalyas set.
for now i'm sticking to my assassin setup
(i found a cool +36 life +9 dex +3 min dmg +2 martal arts skills circlet. its sweet)
|
|
#7
 2001-07-06, 06:22
|
Spiffy McBang 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: X-pack Diablo II
Is anyone else having problems with games? I sometimes have an issue where I get kicked out, but right now, there's major lag all over the place, I get booted from games superfast.. it's bad.
|
|
#8
 2001-07-06, 18:26
|
ReBoRn187 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: X-pack Diablo II
Just wondering but for those of you who are playing the x-pack has anybody found the druid set or Tang-Oul's avatar(necro set)?
------------------ Life is a tragedy for those who feel. Its a comedy for those who think right. Yet it is a playground for those who kill.
|
|
#9
 2001-07-08, 20:59
|
Garrison 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: X-pack Diablo II
My level 62 Werewolf Druid annihilates like no other. If someone on USEast gets their hands on Aldur's Battle Boots or Shadow Plate let me know. /w *Rancyd
|
|
#10
 2001-07-08, 23:55
|
exsplosives 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: X-pack Diablo II
damn u guys are really dedicated to this game! I have baldurs gate 2. it took me 5 hours to find the warp zone. I dont have that kinda time so i deleted the game lol. I used to own the diablo2 game, its was good. maybe i should reinstall diablo2.
------------------ :( 2 Easy Steps for A BIGGER @$$hole :(
Step 1. Put Dynamite up your ass
Step 2. Fart to ignite
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|