About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Games People Play
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Games People Play Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-02-15, 20:02
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Favorite Game of all time?

Well?

Mine has to be Lunar 2: Eternal Blue..

Probably followed by Spyro Year of the Dragon, and Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
 #2 
Old 2001-02-16, 02:05
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

I play very little of the new-school games for consoles, but keeping that in mind..

Baldur's Gate 1 & 2. I put them together because they're essentially one huge game that came out in two parts.

Console: FF6 and Dragon Warrior 3. Nobody gives Dragon Warrior any props, but DW3 was a phenomenal game, and pretty damn long, too. I bought it and told myself, I'm gonna beat this, then I'll get FF3 (didn't know it was really FF6 then). I figured three, maybe four days. Took a week and a half of hardcore playing. Big fuckin game. The rest of the series ain't half bad, either.
 #3 
Old 2001-02-16, 03:28
Bongman Bongman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

Delta Force

The first one.

Were'd my life go? Oh! I was playing Delta Force TKOTH.
 #4 
Old 2001-02-17, 10:53
J.C. Stanton J.C. Stanton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

My favorite game of all time was System Shock, because it was the creepiest game I had ever played. It kept me on edge the whole time, and I had friends who wouldnt play it because it freaked them out too much.

J.C. Stanton

[This message has been edited by J.C. Stanton (edited 02-17-2001).]
 #5 
Old 2001-02-17, 17:30
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

I have DW 1&2 for gameboy, haven't got around to playing it yet.. I just started playing suikoden, lot of people told me it was good.. I'm not a fan of the FF's, so that's somewhere I won't be going, System Shock 2 I've heard is good, so I may play the SS's at some point..
 #6 
Old 2001-02-17, 23:42
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

masters of orion 2, civilizations 2. I played them on 8-10 hour streaches durring vacations, the true heroin of the gaming world, Possibly more addictive than evercrack.
 #7 
Old 2001-02-18, 23:36
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

Ever tried Imperium Galactica II? That's pretty addictive, good game.. large amount of depth to it..
 #8 
Old 2001-02-19, 07:49
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

didnt care much for the interface.
 #9 
Old 2001-02-19, 08:18
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

One more.

Little League Baseball for the old NES. That game was awesome. I'd still play it if I would bother to hook the thing up. Sixteen teams, each with their own stats in four different categories (running, hitting, fielding, and pitching).. not a huge deal.. but each player had their own stats, too. And you could only tell who was really good or really bad at something by playing the game, because they only gave you overall team ratings. Not only that, but no matter how good you are at the game, playing through with the worst team- Italy (rating two of 5 in all four categories)- is always a challenge.
 #10 
Old 2001-02-19, 18:24
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

I think there's a similar game that's been recently released.. if I can find one of my old Game developer mags, I'll let you know what it's called
 #11 
Old 2001-02-20, 09:00
peacemaker peacemaker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

My game is Albion. It was the first rpg game i've ever played and probaly the best.
 #12 
Old 2001-02-21, 00:49
Redrover Redrover is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

Either Half-Life for it's multiplayer or Civilisation II because it's the holy relic of Computer gaming.
 #13 
Old 2001-03-02, 00:24
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

Starsiege Tribes

Fallout 2


and on console

Chrono Trigger

Crystalis

Shadowrun

Capcom vs Marvel Super Heroes

Stree Fighter Alpha 3
 #14 
Old 2001-03-09, 15:11
DUDE DUDE is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

Can anyone remember Lords of Chaos?
What about Chaos?
No?
Didn't think so. Nevermind.
 #15 
Old 2001-03-10, 09:53
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

Im starting to enjoy cctp more but not near my all consuming civ 2 addiction
 #16 
Old 2001-03-10, 14:25
Mustard Mustard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

I used love Colonization and Transport Tycoon. I like the Sims and love master of Orion 2 (They are bring out a new addition no prizes for the name, master of Orion 3!) Imperium Galactica II is better in some ways then Orion 2 although i prefer the Tech and ship design from Orion 2 although the land battles, main screen and diplomacy are better I especially like the adviser and the other things such as mercenaries and other events.
 #17 
Old 2001-03-10, 16:34
ReBoRn187 ReBoRn187 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

Well I say the best games of all time to me at least is Diablo 2 and Civilazation 2(which isnt it called Alpha Centuria?). O well. Since I havent played Boulder Gate I cant rate that but Diablo 2 is a good game cause its addicting as fuck (unless your computer freezes most of the time when playing it).

------------------
 #18 
Old 2001-03-10, 18:01
Ancisace Ancisace is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

I loved Silent Hill.
For two weeks, I had no life outside Silent Hill. I looked at a lab coat, and saw doctors with scalpels. I regarded children with suspicion. It dominated my life. Then I found all the endings, and I haven't played it in a while. I still think it was one of the most atmospheric games I have ever played.
 #19 
Old 2001-03-10, 20:25
rangeviper rangeviper is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

would have to be Goldeneye 007 for N64. just because i played it a ton, going 2 or 3 day stretches without sleep until i could finally get all the cheats. now i can get them all with ease but only get to play every now and then. i did however manage to make it to 28th place in the world in the N64 rankings. finally i get recognized for my greatest achievements in life!

------------------
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
 #20 
Old 2001-03-12, 09:23
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

alpha centauri was crap, the only good thing about it was realistic topography, and the tech the rest of it was basicly just a less interesting version of civ 2
 #21 
Old 2001-03-21, 16:16
biot biot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

Now we all know the DOOM series kicked so much ass i can't use the written word to describe it.

Quake i'd say was the scariest game ever. when the doors slam closed and you hear that shambler behind you...

 #22 
Old 2001-03-21, 17:47
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

Oh hell no. Resident Evil was a hell of a lot scarier than Quake.
 #23 
Old 2001-03-22, 01:08
Redrover Redrover is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

Half-life was twice as scary as Quake and probably on par with resident evil.
 #24 
Old 2001-03-23, 06:03
biot biot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

bull shit
 #25 
Old 2001-03-23, 11:02
Ancisace Ancisace is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

Resi evil isn't scary. It just makes you jump occasionally, which doesn't take much skill at all...
 #26 
Old 2001-03-24, 00:22
Redrover Redrover is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

Then what is scary?
 #27 
Old 2001-03-24, 15:15
Ancisace Ancisace is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

Games that build and maintain tension thrioughout the whole game. You know, ones which make you slightly apprehensive whenever you enter a new area.
I dont know that many scary games, because I more of a platformer/RPG person myself...
 #28 
Old 2001-03-25, 13:43
Dark_Destiny Dark_Destiny is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

Resident Evil kicks ass. Baulders gate series is good. KingPin is fuckin savage. Lines like "Turn the fuck around, and I'll fuckin bury you" its savage. keep your eyes out for Never Winter Nights boys and girls.
 #29 
Old 2001-03-25, 21:30
Mustard Mustard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

I am looking forward to Black + White which is out here on the 6th of april.....
Its hard to expain cos its a kinda new idea but its had some realy good reviews....
 #30 
Old 2001-04-08, 07:19
DaedalustheGreat DaedalustheGreat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

Deus Ex is the best best stratigic first person shooter ever! SIMS is the best simulation game ever!!!!!!!1
 #31 
Old 2001-04-08, 20:20
Kameron Kameron is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

One of the scariest first person shooter games I ever played is called Operation Body Count.

Anyone ever heard of that?
I won't run on my ME machine, complains about memory (128+8), sound card and just about every thing and the keyboard hangs, but on a old 3.1 machine with 4mb of ram and 16bit sound its great. One Realistic its a one hit kill as well.

~Kameron
Customer: I'm running Windows.
Tech: Yes.
Customer: My computer isn't working now.
Tech: Yes, you said that.
 #32 
Old 2001-04-11, 04:43
DaedalustheGreat DaedalustheGreat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

How old is it? Does anyone play Deus Ex? if so got to my post then.

------------------
When being confronted by BoBtheTerrorist try to remeber to turn the ADS on.
 #33 
Old 2001-04-11, 16:04
killkernal killkernal is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

STARCRAFT
 #34 
Old 2001-04-12, 02:33
LON1 LON1 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

Chrono Trigger (SNES)

Sooo many endings (one interactive ending)
Sooo much re-playability (New game Plus)

2 and 3 character tech attacks with every combination of, like 10 chars...

the game was perfect.

Chrono Cross sucked.
 #35 
Old 2001-04-12, 15:39
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

scratch scratch
 #36 
Old 2001-04-13, 13:10
Morbo Morbo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

quake2.
owned gg..
 #37 
Old 2001-04-13, 14:19
DoPesTeR-DaZe DoPesTeR-DaZe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

The days of street fighter 2 turbo and mortal kombat 2...
ahhhh
hehehe
but my fav game would have to have been might & magic 5: the mandate of heaven
 #38 
Old 2001-04-13, 18:54
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

im a beast at Street fighter vs marvel superheroes....

wolverine and ken!! woo hoo!
 #39 
Old 2001-04-14, 00:22
Ain Ain is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

Resident evil, especially the first one.
Tekken, The best fighter there is.
Twisted Metal, never played the first but the rest are great.
Kagero Deception 2, A wicked and addicting game.
Gunship, One of my all time favorites.
And all of the Tomb Raider games.(People who don't like them can not control the character.)



------------------

Ain
 #40 
Old 2001-04-15, 19:50
Undercover Angel Undercover Angel is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

Super Mario Brothers created the addiction. Then, after that there were the Sonic games and some crap Amiga games before I got hooked on Colonisation. But Tekken 3 and Final Fantasy 7 are, and probably always wil be my faves. Final Fantasy 8 was crap in comparison, though 9 is good. FF1-6 are so damn hard to get hold of over here, seeing as they refuse to release Final Fantasy Anthology.
 #41 
Old 2001-04-19, 11:27
dryice dryice is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

Phantasy Star 2 is my favorite RPG.
DOOM2 the best first person 3D shooter.
EverQuest is a new favorite.
And Herzog Zwei is the best realtime wargame.

That's my opinion. Thank you for reading.
 #42 
Old 2001-04-19, 21:07
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

Starcraft, by far, is the squaw. I also happen to like Chrono Trigger, I just like saying it. How is your Chrono today? Oh, quite fine, thank you. Heheheh.

I can't wait till' Blizzard gets off their ass and makes Sc2, then Starcraft will rock even more.

~Dark
 #43 
Old 2001-04-20, 21:29
-=-goatboy-=- -=-goatboy-=- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

Starcraft kicked ass.

Blood kicked ass - a first person shooter, same engine as Duke 3d - aerosol cans and sawn-off shotguns and such.

Twisted Metal 1 was the greatest in the series because it was brutal, the others were kiddy games.

Nitrous Oxide! Play it stoned. So many colors, and the bonus stages rock. (kill giant bugs in a psycadelic tunnel system at breakneck speeds)

Armored Core was cool multiplayer - and ladder-ranking fighting.

Ultima 8: Pagan was a great RPG with the patch to take out the bugs.

FFIII.

Eye of the Beholder.

G-nome - amazing multiplayer if the bugs go away for a little while. Truly amazing.

Phantasmagoria II - beautiful.

DUCK HUNT!!!!

Tecmo Super Bowl

Punch Out - I still cannot beat Mike Tyson.

Bob - A game I programmed myself on my TI-83 during calc class. Two circles jump randomly around the screen and you have to try to keep them in a 8x16 grid or you lose while your points rack up. It takes some true skill and a lot of luck to win.
 #44 
Old 2001-04-20, 23:59
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

Master of orion II
CIV2
 #45 
Old 2001-04-25, 03:58
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

1. mech warior psx
2. die hard trilogy psx
3. metroid nes
 #46 
Old 2001-04-25, 04:00
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by syphon detonator
1. mech warior psx
2. die hard trilogy psx
3. metroid nes
 #47 
Old 2001-04-25, 23:00
Mustard Mustard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

Master of Orion 2 was good, I played on that for hours on end. They are bring out a sequel due early 2002

------------------
Do as I say, Not as I do.
 #48 
Old 2001-04-26, 06:12
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

I often played it in 10 hour stretches. I beat it on impossible with 3,000 points.
 #49 
Old 2001-05-02, 22:26
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

My friend bead Mike Tyson once without using any cheats, codes, or the game genie.

You have to be lucky as shit to knock him out and time the stars just right, he did it in 3 tries.

~Dark
 #50 
Old 2001-05-06, 22:24
Caolan Caolan is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Game of all time?

My fravorite old scholl game was Colonizatiod by Sid meir... that had me addicted for months! and then I loved Final Fantasy 7 that was fuckin' cool... and I'm currently atticipating the rlease of Battle Realms... (visit www.battlerealms.com)

------------------
--==CAOLAN==---
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics