About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Games People Play
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Games People Play Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2000-10-18, 01:43
Eldritch Eldritch is offline
Regular
 
Default D&D 3

Yeah it's here, I'm a geek, and I love it. Anyone else?
 #2 
Old 2000-10-18, 05:00
Regular
 
Default Re: D&D 3

yeah dude. my character is a monk. he kicks ass. lvl 3 so far. haven't played him too much lately due to school (plugh). he doesn't even need weapons. he is disgustingly neet. hehe neet-o-torpeedio.

~can wang
 #3 
Old 2000-10-19, 02:28
Eldritch Eldritch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: D&D 3

Yeah, they are better without weapons, especially at higher levels. I'm glad they brought Monks and barbarians back. I'm running a game for a group of friends right now. I am very impressed with the new edition.
 #4 
Old 2000-10-19, 04:21
Evil_Mastermind Evil_Mastermind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: D&D 3

of course if you really want to screw with the DM you'll play a chronomancer
 #5 
Old 2000-10-19, 21:33
Regular
 
Default Re: D&D 3

chronomancer?

never read up on them. time travelers?
 #6 
Old 2000-10-20, 01:31
Evil_Mastermind Evil_Mastermind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: D&D 3

essentially. the only ones to ever exist were all wiped out by the guardians of time. That doesnt mean you cant play as one. I forget exactly what the entire deal is with them cause i looked it up a while ago, but theres a bunch of really broken chronomancer only spells in the Wizards Spell Compendium Volumes 1-4

My favorite is Paradox. When you cast it, depending on whether its Major Paradox or Minor Paradox, you get to change something that you did in the past. Like instead of brandishing your sword in an attempt to intimidate that Berserker, you try instead to... i dont know, do something else. It lets you change a previous action.
Then you get other spells earlier, you get Time Warp at 7th level
They have some cool battle spells, like you can try to push someone through time, so that if theyre just walking along, theyll disappear and reappear some indeterminate number of minutes later, not knowing what happened
 #7 
Old 2000-10-21, 02:18
Eldritch Eldritch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: D&D 3

Yeah, it was a second edition supplement that is now out of print If I'm not mistaken. Chronomantic wizardry isn't really mentioned in any other rulebooks. It was dumb.
 #8 
Old 2000-10-21, 03:38
Regular
 
Default Re: D&D 3

funky...
 #9 
Old 2000-10-21, 15:37
Evil_Mastermind Evil_Mastermind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: D&D 3

most of the stuff they made was dumb, but it was fun researching my own chronomancy spells
 #10 
Old 2000-11-15, 21:54
Regular
 
Default Re: D&D 3

eldritch,

so, what kinda characters do you use from the new edition? i use a cleric/monk and a mage half-dragon.
 #11 
Old 2000-11-15, 22:20
Eldritch Eldritch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: D&D 3

Actually I'm not playing I'm DMing a game for soem of my old buddies. I hardly ever get to play, nobody ever wants to run. 8-(
LOL, I was a DM for three years before I ever played the game. Right now My players Are a Dwarven Cleric, Elven Wizard, Human Fighter, Half-Orc Barbarian, and a Human Rogue/Ranger. They vary from 1st to third level as soem are new charcters. The Dwarf players last character , A Human Sorcerer, was eaten by ghouls, and the Elven Wizard retired his Human Cleric because he was bored with his personality.
I'm about to run my group through The Sunless Citidel published adventure tonight as a matter of fact.
If I had a choice? I'd liek to try and play a Human Ranger until 9th level and then start taking levels in the Shadowdancer Prestige class. It would make a cool DarkStalker type charcter with a lot of room for dramatic and flashy combats, which I love. I might take some fighter levels too, because I could use the feats to get him to master the two Bladed sword, kinda hard since it's an exotic class weapon. I ilke the weapons style, but with the shadow bit and that weapon it gets a little close to Darth Maul so it might be over the top. Dunno, but I do love the new edition.
 #12 
Old 2000-11-17, 00:50
Gravehead Gravehead is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: D&D 3

3rd edition is a HUGE improvement. It fixed so many of 2nd's problems I couldn't believe it. The only thing I don't like is that all classes are now on the same XP table.
 #13 
Old 2000-11-18, 01:55
Eldritch Eldritch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: D&D 3

I think that's great, one the biggest improvements they made is how all the classes are so well balanced. The thing I really miss is weapon speed factors.
 #14 
Old 2000-11-19, 05:15
Regular
 
Default Re: D&D 3

i have always loved how flexible the game is.

my half-dragon's weapon is a short spear/sword

basically, the handle is the same length as the blade (which is as long as a short sword). it also has a very small blade on the end of the hilt.

i am using the exotic weapon penalty, but the amount of attacks that this thing can pull off, is insane.
 #15 
Old 2000-11-21, 20:33
Eldritch Eldritch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: D&D 3

I have a couple of friends that are Beta Testing the New Pools Of Radiance Computer Game for Hasbro. It will be under third Edition Rules. Very Cool from what I hear.
 #16 
Old 2000-11-21, 22:33
Eldritch Eldritch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: D&D 3

or maybe it was Mattel, whoever the hell bought SSI and Mindscape
 #17 
Old 2000-11-29, 00:33
Regular
 
Default Re: D&D 3

hey, i am brand new at the entire D&D thing, i have only been playin for about a year (on and off). never had enough time to sit down and play a full game.

i made a dungeon, and i made a campaign. but i need NPC's. i have no cash for a DM guide. can someone show me a place where it is online? i have looked but no avail. or even *gasp* tell me???

my buddy is lvl 2, and i want a decent match for him, its going to be all dubdual damage, so no one will die. and my friend is a half dragon warrior mage. he is insanely strong, and i want to make this person really fast, or really durable. and i want him to be a thief. any suggestions?
 #18 
Old 2000-11-29, 02:10
Eldritch Eldritch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: D&D 3

Do you have the Player's Handbook? It contains a character Generator CD on the back cover? That is a fun easy way to make NPC's that follow the rules and it does all the math for you. There isn't really anything in the DMG about NPC creation that you really NEED. Half-Dragons are WAY overpowered and sick beyond belief. If I'm not mistaken the DMG gives a level mod if like +6 for them. Going on that I would say your best bet is to sick a much higher level Thief on him. How about a 6th Level Half-Orc Thief? The Str and Con Bonuses Give you fair reason to make him as powerful as you need, and the dunb lumbering Half-Orc stereo Type makes for a great Villan. Really you're free to create your Villan however you want so what exactly are you looking for? Personality traits or tactic suggestions perhaps? I've been playing for about 12 years now so whatever you need I'm sure I can toss out some suggestions.
 #19 
Old 2000-11-29, 22:20
Regular
 
Default Re: D&D 3

no kidding. i throw shit with a challenge rating of 4 on him and hes gone in a second. but he only has 17 strength with his bonus. that is why he is a fighter mage.


i want to make a theif that he is going to influence (he has 20 charisma) in the end. he isn't going to be a "villain" but in his mind, that is all he is going to know. i am kinda basing my Campaign around the origional zork games. if you have played them (i know jaded has played zork grand inquisitor) you know what i mean, but i need a strong thief.
he is going to have to fight him, definately, but i want him to win barely. just by a thread. like that one rocky movie when Balboa got up in the nick of time during the count.

i don't even have dice to roll his stats... i don't have any manuals. just the things i borrowed from him. and my folks are really anal about D&D. they think that the game is evil. so i can't go out and buy one. u have a CD burner eldritch? could you burn the CD for me? ya think?
 #20 
Old 2000-11-29, 23:21
Eldritch Eldritch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: D&D 3

I do have a burner, but I can do ya one better than that. you can downlod it here with the patch in it.
http://www.wizards.com/electronic/article.asp?x=mt_welcome,3,en&c=mt&sb=dnd
 #21 
Old 2000-11-29, 23:31
Eldritch Eldritch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: D&D 3

I wouldn't worry abotu not having dice, you don't need them for NPC creation. Just give them whatever stats you want. Want him to be tough and strong? Assign high stats to Strength and Con. Rememeber the key to being a good DM is makign a story that is fun for your players, adhering to the rules is far less important. You don't need dice until you actually play.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics