About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Games People Play
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Games People Play Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2000-10-01, 05:25
-=-goatboy-=- -=-goatboy-=- is offline
Regular
 
Default Emotional Attachment to video game characters

The Illusion of Gaia:

I cried when the pig died to save the starving people.

*sob*
 #2 
Old 2000-10-01, 15:54
Regular
 
Default Re: Emotional Attachment to video game characters

it always made me sad whenever pac man got eaten by a ghost... it just hurt.
 #3 
Old 2000-10-01, 16:40
Evil_Mastermind Evil_Mastermind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Emotional Attachment to video game characters

when i was 7, i felt pretty sad about the ending of Crystalis. Recently some of the philosophical content of Chrono Cross has made me dangerously introspective. Aren't I a wuss?
 #4 
Old 2000-10-01, 20:35
riot_kid riot_kid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Emotional Attachment to video game characters

I was really sad when the sprite went back to sprite land in Secret of Mana. Oh and FF III has had it's really sad moments too so far.
 #5 
Old 2000-10-09, 03:29
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Emotional Attachment to video game characters

CC didn't make me sad at all really..

If you want a depressing sad kinda game, play Valkyrie profile. You have to watch all the characters die.
 #6 
Old 2000-10-09, 03:42
DiabolikSlim DiabolikSlim is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Emotional Attachment to video game characters

It is so easy to get attached to a character in an RPG, especially YOUR character, you play for hours and hours, you ARE the character. It's different, i neverget attached to anything in any other type of game. Except maybe my Maclaren F1 in NFS.
 #7 
Old 2000-10-09, 22:36
Regular
 
Default Re: Emotional Attachment to video game characters

there was also a guy in double dragon, called burnov. he was REALLY fat. and
REALLY slow. every one made fun of him. he was referred to as the "bloody meat bomb". it still maked me cry with laughter....

but as far as an emotional attachment, i would have to say it would be chun-li. i have to change my pants now.
 #8 
Old 2000-10-11, 09:31
Trippy_McGee Trippy_McGee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Emotional Attachment to video game characters

Quest for Glory 2.
Shema makes you a meal of knockwurst and sauerkraut so you won't be homesick. That kind gesture almost moved me to tears. Oh, and when Rakeesh says his leg hurt I felt really sorry for him. Of course, I was mixing scotch and sambucca at the time.

And in QFG4 I really liked the BurgoMeister. I even narrated his dialogue in a phony russian accent. He was cool.
 #9 
Old 2000-10-13, 04:42
digital digital is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Emotional Attachment to video game characters

i really felt for lugi. that poor bastard worked his ass off to save the princess and mario is the one who gets some in the end.

[This message has been edited by digital (edited 10-13-2000).]
 #10 
Old 2000-10-15, 06:17
HUMAN_GOURD HUMAN_GOURD is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Emotional Attachment to video game characters

mmm... the fresh smell of burnt hamlet I'll never have to listen to that pig squeal again ,or some shit like that .I haven't played illusion of gaia in like 3 years

[This message has been edited by HUMAN_GOURD (edited 10-15-2000).]
 #11 
Old 2000-10-21, 02:21
Eldritch Eldritch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Emotional Attachment to video game characters

I like in Captain America and The Avengers Arcade how when you take lethal damage your man falls to his knees and it cries AMERIC ASTILL NEEDS YOUR HELP!

Heh I made more than one continue because of that. Cap rocks.
 #12 
Old 2000-11-01, 20:55
-=-goatboy-=- -=-goatboy-=- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Emotional Attachment to video game characters

That's really sick, did the gov't fund the game?
 #13 
Old 2000-11-02, 18:13
raverz_choice raverz_choice is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Emotional Attachment to video game characters

I had a friend piss his pants when we were playing double dragon on the sega master system and I won and got the girl at the end.

but that was when he was like 6. He moved though, he never did like that game after that. I never did stop making fun of him.
 #14 
Old 2000-11-03, 19:43
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: Emotional Attachment to video game characters

Here's what happens when you get emotionally attached!



 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics