About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Games People Play
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Games People Play Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2000-08-07, 06:46
riot_kid riot_kid is offline
Regular
 
Default Old school gaming...

I'm addicted to the nes game "Pirates".
 #2 
Old 2000-08-07, 09:22
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Old school gaming...

Is it anything like uncharted waters?
 #3 
Old 2000-08-07, 23:23
Tha_Orange_Munky Tha_Orange_Munky is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Old school gaming...

i've never played either but i luv ol skewl gaming. everyone plays all these *civilization game* an all tha other stuff. i mean i've no problem with civilization. but give me a NES an bout 5 games an i'm set. my ol NES don't work tho so i use an emulator. an here's a few of my favorites: Circus Capers, Punch-Out, Rambo<hard, and i'm a die hard gamer too.. so..>, Silent Service...the list goes on.. i just thought of these of my head.. anyway NES is not dead! There are still ~ol skewl gamers~
 #4 
Old 2000-08-08, 03:42
adam the gale 2 adam the gale 2 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Old school gaming...

Ha I told you it was a great game!!!!
 #5 
Old 2000-08-08, 22:15
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Old school gaming...

Man, I remember the games I used to play on my first computer, the ZX spectrum.. (mine was the model with the built in tape drive)..

We must have had hundreds of games for it (back in the days when games were $5 a piece (or UK equivalent)

I remember one I was always intruiged by, but could never work out quite how to play, called "Hacker"....

Weirdest game ever.

Some old style games are way beyond newer ones, because the gameplay was the most important thing, not so much the graphics or sound etc...

Read this article:
http://www.siggraph.org/publications/newsletter/v33n2/columns/rouse.html

for someone else's perspective on the Old skool, new school world of gaming
 #6 
Old 2000-08-09, 01:57
Tha_Orange_Munky Tha_Orange_Munky is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Old school gaming...

whats a great game adam?
 #7 
Old 2000-08-09, 07:39
Tha_Orange_Munky Tha_Orange_Munky is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Old school gaming...

dude i downloaded "uncharted waters" an itz a kewl game but my damn crew keeps dying.. i have plenty of food an water... i jus don't get it...
~Zee Munky~
 #8 
Old 2000-08-09, 17:15
Regular
 
Default Re: Old school gaming...

scince we are talkin about old school, anyone ever play the Zork trilogy?
 #9 
Old 2000-08-09, 18:59
Matius Matius is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Old school gaming...

jet pack willy, or jet set willy or something
 #10 
Old 2000-08-09, 20:15
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Old school gaming...

JET SET WILLY!!!!!!!!!!!.. man that was the best and stupidest game ever

You had to go around a huge ass house and clear up mess from a party.. awesome..
 #11 
Old 2000-09-17, 19:54
Matius Matius is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Old school gaming...

I wish I could D/L Kings Quest IV from someplace, peril's of rosella, is it possible for a site to have these copyrighted games available for D/L?
 #12 
Old 2000-09-17, 20:01
Regular
 
Default Re: Old school gaming...

i have kings quest VII if anyone one wants it. its king's quest: the princeless bride.

ill mail it to ya. but you gotza pay the shipping.
 #13 
Old 2000-09-18, 07:45
DiabolikSlim DiabolikSlim is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Old school gaming...

Anyone still lay the REAL old school machines?

I get super kicks from playing ATari, ColecoVison, IntelliVision & so on. I swear to god, goto a few gargesales, and with 20 bucks, you 'll have at least 6 different consoles and over 300 games.

-DS. Dig Dug on the Atari 2600 Bets Game EVER
 #14 
Old 2000-10-10, 18:37
AltF4 AltF4 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Old school gaming...

Yeah, sometimes i still fart around on my IBM 8088. I play black cauldron, and shit like that... It has all the games like burgermaker, donkey kong, dig dug, etc... In my post in this same forum, i am offering to give these away to any one with a big floppy drive...
 #15 
Old 2000-10-10, 22:20
Regular
 
Default Re: Old school gaming...

river raid was the shit game.
 #16 
Old 2000-10-16, 22:30
riot_kid riot_kid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Old school gaming...

Bar Room Hero my respect for you has gone infinitely skyward. River Raid was one of the games that originally got me into gaming. Other big milestones for me were, kung-fu (nes), Dragon Warrior (nes), U.N. Squadron, (snes), Secret of Mana (snes)and Ogre Battle (snes). After I bought a 64 I started to lose interest in games. (I finally became one of those back in the day people.) Although I love all the X-Coms. Oh and Doom and Doom II I devoted a big portion of one summer of my life playing that. Still if you look at my list it's completely old school. I'll give credit to three sweet 64 games Mario, Golden Eye and Zelda, most everything else was done first and or better on another system. Playstation, I never really got into it, I wish I had but then I'd be an even bigger dork.

p.s. the 16-bit snes is now for the most part oldschool in my opinion seeing as how all the thirty-two bit systems are now considered obsolete. 16 bit, ahh... the golden age of gaming.

p.p.s. I love centipede for my Atari 7800!

p.p.p.s. On inspection of this post I realize how much time I've wasted on video games. Scary!

[This message has been edited by riot_kid (edited 10-16-2000).]
 #17 
Old 2000-10-17, 02:12
Eldritch Eldritch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Old school gaming...

You can find emulators for most those systems and tons of Games out there on the net. I'm a big fan of the old Conan for the Apple II. My grandfather has an Apple II so I play it when The Fam gets together at his place on holidays.
 #18 
Old 2000-10-17, 04:41
Regular
 
Default Re: Old school gaming...

riot

hells yeah

as far as newer old school gaming goes, i think that Space Harrier was pretty fucking cool too... i miss that game...

FUCK!! i miss suzie...
 #19 
Old 2000-10-17, 18:28
raverz_choice raverz_choice is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Old school gaming...

augh man I love my old nintendo. I have 2 and one doesn't work well. I also love the old sega system called the master system. I used to sit and play for hours and I still do just not as often.
 #20 
Old 2000-10-17, 21:03
riot_kid riot_kid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Old school gaming...

See raver it is possible to contribute w/out insulting anyone. I think I'm gonna go play FF III or pirates in a minute.
 #21 
Old 2000-10-17, 23:01
Regular
 
Default Re: Old school gaming...

yeah dude.

altred beast was THE best creation of sega.
 #22 
Old 2000-10-18, 01:40
Eldritch Eldritch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Old school gaming...

Phantasy Star series was awesome going back to PSI on the Master System. I LOVED PS III.
 #23 
Old 2000-10-20, 22:49
raverz_choice raverz_choice is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Old school gaming...

on the old master system I love the game double dragon. and for the old nintendo I love the origanal mario or mario 3.

ever played the really old ninja turtles game for the nintendo that is fun.
 #24 
Old 2000-11-15, 16:56
countzero countzero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Old school gaming...

The best games were bubble bobble, wonder boy and does anyone remember those nintendo game and watch things they were the bollox.
 #25 
Old 2000-11-15, 21:14
Regular
 
Default Re: Old school gaming...

i was a beast when i played Bubble Bobble

Excite Bike was an AWESOME game.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics