About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Games People Play
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Games People Play Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2000-07-31, 04:17
dinoguy dinoguy is offline
Regular
 
Default Tomb Raider

It may suck, but it's a great way to pass the time on a boring day.
 #2 
Old 2000-08-06, 12:41
Trippy_McGee Trippy_McGee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tomb Raider

I don't like it. It capatilises on the hormones of horny teenage guys. And it's not that good a game anyways.
 #3 
Old 2000-08-06, 21:02
Matius Matius is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tomb Raider

The games too redundant, the chick would where an athletic bra or a breast reducer bra if she was gonna climb hills and kill tigers. What if she got her breasteses caught on a jagged rock or soemthing? The movies gonna bomb too.
 #4 
Old 2000-08-06, 21:42
Regular
 
Default Re: Tomb Raider

i mean, who actually played the game? all i remember doing is backing her into a corner so the camera would flip around and make her jump.... oooooopah!!!!
 #5 
Old 2000-08-06, 23:07
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tomb Raider

I tried out tomb raider 3 or 4, but really, I hate the controls, and the game just sucks.

Especially has no appeal whatsoever for a girl..

 #6 
Old 2000-08-07, 02:33
dinoguy dinoguy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tomb Raider

Like I said, it does suck. I don't play it all the time, just when I'm really bored
 #7 
Old 2000-08-22, 18:52
Neil Neil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tomb Raider

my sister's a GIRL and she kinda liked it, i don't know why.....
 #8 
Old 2000-09-07, 02:19
FuCken-Idjiat FuCken-Idjiat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tomb Raider

I have TOmb raider 1 and i finished it too..its the easiest out of all of them...its kinda fun but its so obvious the game was made for a guy but I still enjoy playing it.!!!!
 #9 
Old 2000-09-07, 04:13
Regular
 
Default Re: Tomb Raider

oh my god!!! she's a reg now?!! how'd that happen? congrats i guess.

 #10 
Old 2000-09-08, 02:30
dinoguy dinoguy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tomb Raider

You guys (and gals) are pretty cool!!
 #11 
Old 2000-09-08, 04:20
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tomb Raider

I'm the coolest..

You do realise that becoming a regular is really just a thing that happens when you reach a set number of posts right?

It's not how often you post, once you become a regular, you are one for life.. Enigma changed the default settings from "Newbie" and "Member" to "Member" and "regular" I think the default is 50 or more posts
 #12 
Old 2000-09-08, 19:49
Regular
 
Default Re: Tomb Raider

yeah i know suzi.


dino, you'd better believe what she says. she's right.
 #13 
Old 2000-09-08, 20:40
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tomb Raider

heheee.. I love this whole adoration thing..

Hey Barroom, didya beat the Weapons in FF7 yet?
 #14 
Old 2000-09-08, 21:51
Regular
 
Default Re: Tomb Raider

NO!! my asshole of a brother lost the 3rd CD!!! ARRGH!! i don't know where the fuck it is. i am really pissed at him about that... he's 20
 #15 
Old 2000-09-09, 01:48
FuCken-Idjiat FuCken-Idjiat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tomb Raider

WAIT A SEC! YOU GUYS PLAY FF !????!
ok, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE WHOLE FF SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I finished FF7 but not all the Weapons...just Ultimate weapon!!!!!!
took me damm long too! I have FF8 but im just not into it as much as FF7...I swear I had a real attachment to those characters..I got to the end of FF8 in pretty bad shape, so I wasnt able to finish the game. So I deleted my mem. card and started it again...except I just wasnt in the mood for it...I think one must be in a certain state of mind to get into a game like that! I have to admit, FF8 graphics were somewhat better...but the storyline and characters lacked spirit and realism...

Also, I had never aquired the knights of the round materia in FF7...I started playing that one again too, but Im just too lazy for it

Anyhoo, if anyone here wants to talk about FF im here!! hahaha have a gentle day
 #16 
Old 2000-09-09, 03:27
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tomb Raider

by whole FF series, do you mean just 7 and 8 or are you aware of the existence of earlier numbers?

I did everything in both 7 and 8.. all the weapons, all the materia, all the cards in 8, you name it, I've done it or got it..

Square games are just too easy though
 #17 
Old 2000-09-09, 04:17
FuCken-Idjiat FuCken-Idjiat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tomb Raider

thats really cool suziegirl! Yes Im aware of the other FF series..my older brother (hes 21) played most of them and I just watched...I only got into the newer ones unfortunetly, I hear the older ones are the best. The thing is I get really into these games...how long did it take u to finish FF7? And with school and everything else its like video games are the last thing I have time to do anymore... thats why I like tomb raider its a lot easier and not as engrossing as an RPG such as FF.
 #18 
Old 2000-09-09, 05:44
Matius Matius is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tomb Raider

ff3 (6) thats all i have to say.....ff3 (6)
 #19 
Old 2000-09-09, 13:33
Evil_Mastermind Evil_Mastermind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tomb Raider

I beat all the weapons, there's a certain way to do it that makes it very easy.
Ruby:
First you have to get mime materia, you should get at least 2 of them, but three is optimal. Then you should get W-Summon, with Hades and Knights of the Round. When you start the fight, 2 of your guys should be dead, otherwise he'll kill two randomly before sticking his hands into the ground, which is the only time you can hurt him. The fastest way to revive them is with Phoenix. Hades will keep him paralyzed, and Knights of the Round is just the most expedient way to do it. You need to breed a golden Chocobo to get mime or Knights of the Round, and W-Summon is in the battle arena on the Golden Saucer.
Emerald:
First you may want to get the Underwater materia, to get rid of the counter, although if you do it right, you should be able to beat him well before the counter runs down. Emerald is much more simple. Again, you need Knights of the Round, at least two stars, and at least 2 mimes, but this time you should have Phoenix linked with final attack materia, so when he does Air Tam Storm, which deals 9999 to all your party members, they all get brought back to life. Thats why
you need KotR on 2 stars, so that after doing that you can go back to miming it. If you do it right, he should only get Air Tam Storm in once, and then die soon after.

Oh, and you should have enough HP Plus materia so that all of your characters have 9999 life. And dont use ultimate weapons, cause youre not attacking them, and they give a lot of experience to materia.
 #20 
Old 2000-09-09, 21:43
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tomb Raider

is there anyone in the world who doesn't know that's the best way to beat the weapons?

I was asking Barroom, because he asked my advice about them originally, because he intended to beat them. I wanted to find out if he actually did it..

Fucken, which time? I've beat 7 a couple of times now.. I've even gone so far as to get Aeris's Level 4 limit break, which is really cool, for the very short amount of time you get to use it anyway..

If you want non-engrossing games, X-men mutant academy is a fun way to pass time every now and then.. Pretty cool game..
 #21 
Old 2000-09-10, 03:32
FuCken-Idjiat FuCken-Idjiat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tomb Raider

well , If I started FF7 tonight (its now 10:30) I could finish it in about 2 weeks...but thats without all the great materia and what-not. If I would have to get all the powerful materia it would take longer...
Also, I thought ff8 was better because things werent done with materia...I thought the junction system was pretty cool and the cards were too.
Another strange thing about FF8 is that you get all the characters a lot faster than ff7!
FF9 is coming out soon too...Im wondering if it will be any good!
 #22 
Old 2000-09-10, 21:12
Regular
 
Default Re: Tomb Raider

it should be. i haven't played a FF game that i absolutely hated...
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics