About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Headshrinkers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Headshrinkers Psychiatry, neuroscience, mental illness, lucid dreaming, psychoanalysis, Freud, Jung and Reich.
This forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on any web site, including this one.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-06-02, 10:27
Sparr Sparr is offline
Regular
 
Default Half a thought of the whole world

you know i'm really starting to enjoy thinking up titles for my topics, it's almost like poetry.

this thought has been bugging me for a few years now but i have never tried to put it into words before... the idea of a conscious and a subconscious mind is common knowledge. the idea that while the conscious mind is idle the subconscious mind continues to work on the problems that are troubling us is also generally accepted. im sure everyone's given up on a problem only to have the answer come to them later. lots of things like memorized multiplication tables, interpretation of body language etc involve very little conscious thought. what i'm getting at is this:

subconscious mind:
facts go in -> answer comes out

it's a black box, we don't know how it works it just does. this is how intuition works, a bunch of facts that make very little sense to the conscious mind get forwarded to the subconscious mind where they are analyzed and a solution to the situation is sent back in the form of intuition or "a gut feeling".
none of this is why i'm started this topic though, it's just background.

sometimes i observe a series of random completely unrelated events and they just seem to make perfect sense, like my subconscious mind looked over the facts and decided they all fit together. sometimes i feel hyper-aware and the feeling is even stronger, like every event, person, action, object is inter-related and my subconscious mind is taking it all in, making sense of it and trying to return an answer. all that ever comes of this sense of hyper-awareness is half a thought. it feels like there are enough facts for my subconscious mind to sense that something is going on, but not enough to identify it.

does anyone understand what i'm saying? it is very difficult to explain. what is this that i sense? the will of a divine being at work? the hand of fate guiding events? a collective human subconsciousness? the natural interconnectedness of everything in the universe?

i'm interested to hear what others have to say about this... that and try to liven up a totally dead headshrinkers forum.
 #2 
Old 2001-06-03, 19:16
seraphZero seraphZero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Half a thought of the whole world

Blast you. Yeah I know what your saying...I'm pretty sure there is a few ideas out there but I just woke up(I have no idea why I'm online...) But yeah...good topic. I'll get back to it later when I wake up a bit.
 #3 
Old 2001-06-03, 22:50
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Half a thought of the whole world

I completely get what you're saying. When I was a kid, my mother and siblings and I were kidnapped and held hostage for several years by this one man who threatened to kill us if we left. I wont go into specific details, the scars tell the story. When it was all over my mum tried to put us all in therapy and I didn't want to go. I didn't want to talk about it, or think about it - although, I couldn't much help that.

Over the course of time, forgetting became easier and easier and as soon as it started become easy I began getting answers. They'd just come to me. Or more like, closure. Just ideas, like why it had all happened, why it had ended, why everything is okay now, why we're all alive. Question I didn't ask, didn't want to say to therapists, but that I knew the answers would eventually come to me.

Now, I'm writing it all down. I'm thinking of seeing a therapist now, because there might be a point to it now. Before there would've been no point to seeing a therapist because I had nothing I wanted to say and so answers I was seeking.

That's the power of the subconcious.

Cheers,
Lost
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics